“A must do-over every time we visit Orange Beach!”
Review of Jesse's Restaurant

Jesse's Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 49
Description: Jesse's is a unique and eclectic dining experience located in the quaint village of Magnolia Springs. Our main dining room is located where the Post office was housed in the late 1800's. Jesse's..."The Steakhouse Destination" for our guest who appreciate dry and wet aged steaks, fresh local seafood and signature entrees from our Executive Chef Jeremiah Matthews. Jesse's has an extensive wine menu with over 100 different wines to choose from and signature cocktails. The new owners, Steve and Angie Coltharp, have worked with their Chef to ensure every item is not only made in house, but is of the highest quality ingredients. Jesse's has been listed by several periodicals: Southern Living, Coastal Living, Mobile Bay Monthly, and most recently Coastal Alabama. Jesse's is casual fine dining at it's best and we are kid friendly. Located 20 minutes from Fairhope, Gulf Shores, Orange Beach just off of highway 98 and highway 49. Call to make reservations or you can make them on line through our website.
“A must do-over every time we visit Orange Beach!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had fried green tomatoes and Duck poboy. Both excellent. Don't be in a hurry when you visit - a drive around the neighborhood and walk to the Springs is a must! We'll be back!

sacramento
“Best Salads Ever!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Wow, we happen to be driving back from Mobile Alabama to our vacation rental in Perdido Key and somehow managed to get on a back road. We were getting hungry and my daughter Googled restaurants and came across something called Jesses. We really didn't care what it was, we just wanted to eat. It was like an oasis in the middle of what appeared to be a country road (we were from out of town and we did not know this part of the country at all). We were seated in this beautiful glass enclosed atrium. We each ordered a salad and let me tell you, both had to be two of the best salads we have ever had. No kidding, the fish was cooked perfectly, the dressing was just the right amount, the lettuce and others items were as fresh as they can be and it was served by a tremendously nice server. One of the best meals on the trip without a doubt. Not only would I double Highly recommend this restaurant, I want the chef to relocated to my town!

fulshear tx
“Wonderful experience.”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Jesse's is about more than the food - which was amazing. It is a very quaint old farmhouse with great ambience. The waitstaff is very professional while also having great southern charm. We sat on the glassed in porch and the views were beautiful.

But you do go to a restaurant to eat, so about the food. The duck and goat cheese spring rolls were delicious and perfect for sharing. The wedge salad was made with romaine lettuce and was wonderful. But the pierce d'resistance was definitely the petite Delmonico steak. It was prepared perfectly and was fork tender.

Jesse's should be on everyone's list when in the area.

Saraland, Alabama, United States
“"Slap Yo Mamma FABULOUS!" My HIGHEST RATING!!!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This was our 23rd wedding anniversary. Each year, we surprise each other with dinner at various restaurants. She did not know where she was going. I drove one hour, to Magnolia Springs, Alabama (I live in Saraland.) My friend (best food critic in the business....Roger Breland) and TRIP ADVISOR helped me with the choice of this restaurant.
We started with the FRIED GREEN TOMATOES topped with SHRIMP for an appetizer. Crispy outside, tart green tomatoes perfectly cooked inside. Succulent shrimp, with great seasoning atop, and the sauces on the plate was a perfect compliment. We were served HOT ROLLS in a bag (I love that.....to keep em hot) with infused OLIVE OIL. We were then served the ROMAINE WEDGE and the ROASTED BEET SALAD. WOW! Chilled greens, pungent blue cheese, sweet beets, .....just wonderful! She had the 16oz DRY AGED DELMONICO RIBEYE....O, have mercy! EVERY BITE WAS "Slap Yo Mamma FABULOUS!" Deep flavor! My wife said, "THAT WAS THE BEST STEAK I HAVE EVER EATEN." And, believe me, she is a carnivore. I had the BONE IN 16OZ RIBEYE. Deep flavor and juicy! Hey, I'm not kidding....even 3/4 way through, we were both saying, How can it be this good? Dang!!!
We ended the night with the BREAD PUDDING WITH HOT PRALINE SAUCE WITH PECANS (pecan orchards just down the street) and vanilla ice cream. IT JUST DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER.
As I was leaving, the restaurant had filled up and many folks were consuming OYSTERS. WOW! Did they look fabulous and HUGE! I wish I was a COW and had several stomachs! I was really wanting to have the FISH, WHICH I UNDERSTAND IS FRESH, TAGGED, AND FLOWN IN JUST FOR JESSE'S. EVERYTHING WE ATE WAS FABULOUS......That's not always the case!

1 Thank AlanMiller1954
“Cold Hole 2014”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was absolutely one of the best meals ever eaten in Alabama! The steaks were fabulous and the fish was out of this world. The wait staff was very attentive to our needs and made our evening.

Highly recommend the Wedge Salad - not your typical and whatever the fresh fish of the day is get it! If the Hog Snapper is available (which is rare on a menu) - one of the best tasting fish I've ever eaten. Splurge on the dry aged steaks so worth it.

Appreciated the owner coming out and speaking to us - We will be back!

• Visited July 2014

Been to Jesse's Restaurant? Share your experiences!