“The Mentone Inn has changed” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mentone Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mentone
Mentone Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Mentone B&B and Inns
muscle shoals, alabama
“The Mentone Inn has changed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2007

My husband and I chose Mentone for our special getaway place back several years ago. We stayed at the Mentone Inn several times, for when we first started visiting Mentone the Hotel was not open and we wanted to stay right at the crossroads. The Inn was great until the new owners took over. The last time we stayed there the rooms were unclean, we had to make our own beds, there was no hot water and no room keys. We had some items stolen and the breakfast was not good at all. In the middle of our stay the Innkeeper, Gloria, decided to leave and she did not show up again during our stay. In fact we were told one morning that we would have to go across the street for breakfast and since they didn't open til ten o'clock we were starved and nearly ready for lunch. The young man who helps run the place played rock and roll music very loudly right on the front porch and when we turned the volume down he came and turned it back up! Also, it is too costly to stay there when there are better, cleaner rooms across the street where the food is top of the line, the music is soft and lovely, and you don't have to make your own bed!! I would suggest going across the street to the Mentone Springs Hotel for a stay with Andy and Marc.

• Liked — The Inn itself
  • Disliked — The atitude of the people who run the place
  • Stayed May 2006, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
thementoneinn, Innkeeper at Mentone Inn, responded to this review, 4 April 2007
Sometimes, I have learned in the year since I first leased the Mentone Inn that some guests come looking for something to complain about and would remain unsatisfied no matter what you do. At first this disturbed me to great length but soon, I learned that these people need to plan on staying elsewhere because they cannot be expected to accept the open, honest way we operate the Inn nor the fact that it is our policy to treat all of our guests like family and only on two occasions did I ever leave or send my guests with a voucher for breakfast and that was the morning my 94 year old mother took a final turn for the worst!
We wish to thank all of our return customers for their support, thanks to Google for our high ranking and the staff and health dept. for our rating of "100" on the kitchen and rooms...

hope to see you soon...Miss g

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2006

We were looking foward to staying in an old bed and breakfast. We thought the $145.00 was high, but thought it would be fun. The room wouldn't cool off and we were told after we arrived that we would need to go next door for breakfast the next morning. We went next door and breakfast wasn't served until 10:00am and we had to leave before that. We didn't see the owner that morning, so we just left. We learned later that our friends stayed there the day before and were locked out of the inn a good part of the morning. They sat on the front porch for quite a while waiting to get in. They were also very hot with uncomfortable beds. They were also sent next door for breakfast. I'm sad to give this review, but I think folks need to know. We did love the Wildflower Grill while in town!

Stayed July 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2004

Everything from my first check-in to the last moment I stayed at The Mentone Inn was nothing short of exceptional. Upon entering the Inn, there is a sign-up sheet for meals which includes your personal preferences and requests (which are adhered to strictly), and a reservation sheet for lunch (when provided) and dinner. I highly suggest making a reservation for dinner!
The entire Inn feels like the home we wish we would have, or our beloved grandmother's home. It is warm, inviting, cozy and a very relaxing place at the end of the day.
The rooms are beautifully furnished in "period style".
There are no phones or TV's in the rooms, so this is a perfect place to get away.
I cannot recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed February 2004
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2003

My wife and I love retreating from the city to the Mentone Inn, which sits atop a mountain. It's a historic hotel with beautiful wood floors, huge porches, and a great fireplace. Moreover, the hotel has a first-class restaurant. The innkeepers are professional at their work and should be commended.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mentone
Hampton Inn Fort Payne
Hampton Inn Fort Payne
#2 of 7 in Fort Payne
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Payne
Econo Lodge Ft. Payne
Econo Lodge Ft. Payne
#5 of 7 in Fort Payne

Been to Mentone Inn? Share your experiences!