“Quiet beauty”
Review of Raven Haven

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mentone
Raven Haven
Ranked #1 of 5 Mentone B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Recently my husband stayed here while attending a wedding. It was really very nice. The rooms are super clean and well decorated. Very comfortable, great breakfast and very gracious and interesting hosts. The grounds are so pretty. I took more pics here than I took at the wedding! A very special place...peaceful and restful.. If I ever need to get away from everyday stress, this place will come to mind.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fountain2

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Tony and Eleanor made me feel thoroughly at home here and I would have loved to stay more than one night. The place itself is very peaceful and secluded yet in easy reach of Mentone and other areas on Lookout Mountain. I was looked after really well and can thoroughly recommend this place to anybody travelling in the area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ully J
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I recently stayed at Raven Haven with my better half, and I really can't imagine a better B&B experience. Tony and Eleanor were a lovely couple, whose warm hospitality turned what was intended to be just a night's rest from the road in Mentone en route to the Appalachians a highlight of our vacation. Their garden, an inspiring labor of love, was top notch and a great place to unwind with a glass of wine for the weary. Anyone that appreciates epicurean gourmet delicacies will no doubt be pleased with Eleanor's breakfast, which was a fantastic way to return to our journey. However, it was their thoughtful touches during our visit to their home that truly put this experience over the top for us and made the conversation of where to stay upon our future return to Mentone not up for debate. We will be staying at Raven Haven and encourage others to do the same.

Room Tip: Prairie Room and Nautical Room have their own entrance.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 81RYE
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed one night at Raven Haven this past weekend. Tony and Elanor are such pleasant hosts. Tony recommended a great restaurant for dinner and made a reservation for me before I even arrived. The house is impeccably clean, dessert after coming back from dinner was a nice touch, and breakfast the next morning was very good. The house is off the beaten path, but if you're looking for a place to stay with a homey feel near Mentone, I can certainly recommend Raven Haven.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank mb30064
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We have stayed in several great B&Bs but Raven Haven takes the cake in the attention to detail and hospitality. Tony and Eleanor were very gracious hosts that made us feel at home from the get go. We stayed in the Nautical Room, which was very fun and detailed. Everything was very clean and we even had dessert waiting for us in the fridge. The breakfast was spectacular. It was prepared buffet style so that you'll be free to have seconds or thirds. I especially loved the stuffed mushrooms and the homemade orange sauce for the french toast. The coffee was just the way I like it! Mentone and its surrounding natural attractions are great but staying at Raven Haven was what really made our stay memorable. I really hope to visit again.

Room Tip: The Nautical room has a hammock and port holes! Should be lots of fun for kids especially.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank American_Cobra
Reviewed 8 October 2013

As soon as you are welcomed on the porch by Tony and Eleanor you know you're in for a great stay. We had the Nautical room ( and yes did try the Hammock and fall out of it !!) , Tony showed us all the others and any one would have done !
Eleanor's garden is absolutely stunning, shows her British roots! Very relaxing place to sit and enjoy the sunshine.
Eleanor makes dessert each night, which is left in the fridge for you on your return from dinner, leave your diets at the door here.The breakfasts are amazing ( buffet style so you don't feel as if you're being force fed as in some B&B's) and they both join you and the other guests for coffee and conversation. The house has a real homely friendly feel about it.

Mentone was also an experience for 2 English folk. Everyone was so friendly and couldn't understand why we had chosen their town for our short 2 night stay . But we were at the end of our trip on the way back to Atlanta Airport and found the B&B first. The quaint wood shack shops. and restaurants are well worth a visit.

It is 3 miles or so out of Mentone in the country, very quiet and peaceful.
Highly Recommended !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sylviaYorkshireDales
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Wonderful hosts! Very clean! Very relaxing! Very good food! Stayed in the Nautical room. Comfortable beds. My first B&B. Loved the gardens and the wildlife here. Breakfast was fantastic. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 40jw

Been to Raven Haven? Share your experiences!