“Beginner Ski Evening”

Cloudmont Ski Resort
Ranked #3 of 7 things to do in Mentone
More attraction details
Owner description: This mountainous ski and golf resort is also home to a dude ranch.
Tallahassee, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beginner Ski Evening”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

My family visited Cloudmont while on a quick "try something you haven't experienced" break before Christmas. My three adult daughters and I took an hour long beginner ski lesson, included with our rental and lift fee, and then skied for another two hours during a Thursday night session. The conditions were perfect for us. No lift line (just a pull to the top), no crowd, not too cold, and a small enough hill that we never got in over our heads. The instructor, Joe, was easy to understand and corrected our mistakes individually. By the end of the night, we were feeling pretty confident. Some advanced skiers and snowboarders showed up and were fun to watch, but I would say that for the most part, this is a place that locals and southerners like us would use but is too small and weather dependent for serious skiers from outside the area. The staff was friendly and the night was inexpensive compared to other venues we could have chosen. All in all, a great time.

Visited December 2013
6 Thank Jayne J

Atlanta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We have visited Cloudmont numerous times as a family. We take our kids and their friends at least once every year. It is affordable, the kids and adults love it, and it's great for some good laughs! Bring a lawn chair and a cooler with food and drinks!

Visited November 2012
6 Thank Dixielba
Rossville, Tennessee
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“All my winter Friday nights are spent here”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This place is about 45-50 minutes from my house in Flintstone, GA. (cloudmont would be about an hour from Chattanooga). In the winter when its cold enough You can find me here every Friday night. I love this place. If you have all your equipment a quick $20 bill gets you a 6-10 night session with about 10-15 people total on the slopes. What more could you want? I absolutely love cloudmont and the staff.

Visited December 2012
5 Thank sonnyvick
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Mentone's BEST kept secret!”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

My son wanted to go skiing and for a family of five, that was quite a feat. So we bagan researching resorts closest to our home state of Louisiana. This one popped up and I thought I had read the search wrong! After reviewing the website, I couldn't believe everything the resort had to offer! I decided to call and recieved the warmest welcome. Upon arriving, our chalet was just darling and the area is just gorgeous. We went on horseback rides, visited Desoto Falls, toured Cathedral Caverns, and finally on our last day; we were granted the white slopes by the snow gods! When we left, we felt like family. Best bang for the buck. Can't wait to go back!

18 Thank Kristiskloset
Summerville, Georgia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“amazing scene!!”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

My husband & I went to the ski resort to just watch the skiers.. The man made snow was being made and blown all over.. I fould it to be just beautiful and so romantic to stand under the little snow flakes that were falling.. also we went into the ski rental shop and there was a huge fire pit!! that was just so sweet for my husband and I to set around and just get warm.. I had an amazing time, even though I didnt ski.. sometimes it is the little things that count!!

Visited January 2013