“CLOSED - No longer here, it burned down”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
White Elephant Antiques Gallery
Fort Payne, Alabama
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“CLOSED - No longer here, it burned down”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This old treasure burned down March 1, 2014 and was not rebuilt. The Mentone Springs Hotel was also destroyed.

Visited March 2014

Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited White Elephant Antiques during our recent visit to Mentone. It is next door to the Mentone Springs Hotel (Another wonderful place to visit). We had a great time and found all kinds of cool and wonderful items. It is a MUST place to shop and explore when you are anywhere close to Mentone! Kathy, went our of her way to help us. She was knowledgeable and an absolute delight to work with. We will definitely be shopping there again soon.

Visited October 2013
Ozone Park, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Antique Holy Grail!! Where to look 1st!!!”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

The White Elephant is my type of Retail Therapy!! There are rooms & rooms & more rooms LOADED with Antiquities of every sort. & a Second floor with more of the same, & even a Bargain Room ;0) I could & Have, spent many hours browsing & feasting my eyes on lovely objects from days gone by. What a splendid History Lesson, indeed! You must go & experience this gem yourself as we do every time we go to Mentone. The prices are mostly very fair. Staff knowledgeable. Next door to the Mentone Springs Hotel, which is another Must See!!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank hippieprincess
Eastaboga
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Lots of variety! Great use of an Historic Building”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

They had great antiques and a variety of items. I love the fact that they used an old Historic Building. The Mentone Springs Hotel and the Mentone Inn, both beautiful Historic Buildings are right next door to the White Elephant. They have a large selection of antique glass items, and they have a 50% off room upstairs!! The staff are very frienldy and my husband and I enjoy shopping there everytime we are in Mentone, AL.

Visited March 2013