“Not what you expect from the pictures”
Review of The Cliffs Lodge

The Cliffs Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mentone
The Cliffs Lodge
Alabama
“Not what you expect from the pictures”
Reviewed 18 March 2008

I made a reservation but when I arrived it was nothing like I expected from the pictures and articles on the internet. The rooms did seem very nice but the main room looks nothing like what the picture indicates. There was not a good walk way from the car and no way to get your luggage in except over rocks, etc. I never did see the porch that they were talking about or anywhere to sit outside and enjoy the air. I was told on the phone that they did not have rockers, etc. to sit in but there were some chairs. As the other poster said there was not really a view to look at and was not what I wanted. The main room that I saw was filled with a heavy smoke smell from the fire in the fireplace and I could not handle this because of breathing problems. I did not stay but traveled on to another place.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — totally undesirable
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank ggfor4

Business
Greenville, SC
Reviewed 17 July 2007

We chose the Lodge because it was so close to Alpine Camp for Boys where our son was a counsilor. It is a clean place with about six total rooms. There's a great room in the center with a nice area to relax.

Outside there's a nice deck that over looks the 'brow'. Not a spectacular view, but very pleasent (or at least during the time we were there.

Breakfast was exceptional including: fresh local fruit, homemade quiche, rolls and sausage.

The rooms were very clean and the furniture is fairly new. I understand they've only been operating the Lodge as a B&B for about 2-years.

In summary: Unique location in the woods on the edge of the 'brow'. It has a decent view and clean rooms with almost new furniture. Food was better than most B&B's that I've stayed in. The inn keeper is a very nice lady who seems to want to make sure everyone one leaves happy!

• Liked — The breakfast on the deck
  • Disliked — No internet access, little information on the hotel prior to the trip
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank poptop

Been to The Cliffs Lodge? Share your experiences!