Laguna Anjuna
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Spazio Leisure Resort(Anjuna)(Great Value!)
US$36
Hotels.com
US$47
US$45
  • Breakfast included
The Banyan Soul(Anjuna)(Great Value!)
US$23
Villa Anjuna(Anjuna)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$33
  • Pool
Annapurna Vishram Dhaam(Anjuna)(Great Value!)
US$35
TripAdvisor
OYO 3628 Vagator(Anjuna)(Great Value!)
US$32
TripAdvisor
All reviewslaid backliving roomrustic charmthe ownerrooms are hugepool tablelovely resortminute walk to the beachin housegroup of friendsnorth goadomegreenerygoanscooterlorrainebathtub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Our last vacation (March 2012) at Goa at Laguna Anjuna was very good. Absolutely loved the place, the ambiance, cottage rooms and great food. Looking forward to spend our next vacation at this great place.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
FarrokhManeckshaw, Owner at Laguna Anjuna, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Many thanks for the review, and look forward to sharing more happy times with you!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed here for 10 ngt in feb 2014. Very nice place with big pool very helpful and pleasant staff, food is lovely, rooms are really big. could do with more sunbeds. But on the whole would recommend. Hotel manager even waited up to say good bye as we left at 11pm witch was a lovely touch. A*

Room Tip: We stayed in room m. Was lovely and big with mini bar and air con
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
FarrokhManeckshaw, Owner at Laguna Anjuna, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thanks very much for the review, and glad that you enjoyed your 10 day stay-greetings from all of us here!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I don't think I will ever understand how Laguna Anjuna could have any positive reviews. I stayed there for three nights in 2013 over the New Year's eve holiday and I was aghast with how horrible this place was- especially for the incredible price we were paying of about $140 US/night. Laguna Anjuna is a glorified hostel and guests should be charged accordingly. It would be generous to even refer to it as a hotel, as it is not.

The only reason I booked Laguna Anjuna was because our friends had planned a trip to Goa that we were tagging along for. Most accommodations were fully booked, so Laguna Anjuna was the only option in North Goa. Because Laguna Anjuna is recommended in the Fodor's Essential India guide book, I figured it would be okay. I was mistaken.

Here is a non-exhaustive list of things that disappointed me during my three night stay:
The power went out every thirty minutes on day 1.
The room smelled.
The cold breakfast was pitiful .
The internet barely worked, if at all.
No phones, safes, hair dryers or irons in the room (that is why this is not a hotel).
Our room was very dimly lit. It was depressing. I couldn't even read in my room if I wanted to, the light was that bad.
The "mattress" was essentially a piece of plywood with cotton over it. I slept so horribly from this terrible mattress that my arms would go numb in the night and I would wake up from extreme discomfort.
The pillows are as hard as the mattress.
There were only two bath towels and no hand towels, which is not acceptable when there are two guests in a room.
The mosquito net over the bed had holes in it.
The air conditioner was very loud.
The pool area was also pitiful and strewn with garbage. The chaise lounge chairs were all broken and dirty towels were hanging everywhere.
I found the staff to be unhelpful and unfriendly.

I honestly could not wait to leave this property. This was the hugest waste of money and I deeply regret giving my business to Laguna Anjuna. It should be clear to anyone going to Goa that 1) You should steer clear of Anjuna Beach because it is an ugly and dirty town 2) Laguna Anjuna is not a hotel and if you are looking for any type of comfort on your vacation, you should go somewhere else. Our friends stayed up in Mandrem Beach, which was quite charming and lovely. Our other friends stayed at Spazio in Anjuna and they were equally disappointed with both their accommodations and the town of Anjuna itself.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moana C

Sorry you were unhappy with Laguna Anjuna and Anjuna, wish you happier times and travels.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I only stayed here 1 night but was very impressed with the place.
The staff were very friendly, the place is clean and well managed in the style of a traditional Goa villa.
The swimming pool was clean though there weren't so many sun beds and only other option is to lay your towel down on the grass... No problem for me.
Breakfast was included and was a pretty basic breakfast.. nothing special. Coffee and tea out of a flask on the serving table. The other food I ordered during the day was also just 'fair'
It is set in beautiful surroundings so is great if you want to keep away from the bustle of the beach.
My room was enormous with a large bed with mosquito net, there were lovely touches too in the room like a fully stocked fridge, large candles for a romantic evening (unfortunately I was on my own) a TV, settee and just loads of space.... Totally great!
A really relaxing getaway place.
There seemed to be lots of families with children around the pool all having fun so it's a great place if you have children too....
Overall a unique place well kept and well run

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
FarrokhManeckshaw, Owner at Laguna Anjuna, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thanks for the review and photos. Hope to see you again, and share more of Laguna Anjuna and Anjuna!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

3rd stay in the last 4 years and still no complaints. Great spacy rooms, lovely staff, beautiful pool. Only notable downside, the food is not a sgod as it used to be but there are so many eating options nearby that it is no major drama.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
FarrokhManeckshaw, Owner at Laguna Anjuna, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Thanks very much for the kind words! We look forward to your next visit.