“Nice antique treasure”
Review of Palacete Rodrigues

Palacete Rodrigues
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Anjuna
Reviewed 8 June 2013

It is very nice clean and calm place with antique things within. Take pleasure of antique things like visit to museum. My children enjoys in swimimng pool. Food is very good but had different taste of tea.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank pradnyesh

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Palacete Rodrigues is beautiful, and stuffed with great antiques, but my partner and I felt rather unwelcome there. As the gates are locked at 10pm every night, when we wanted to stay out and enjoy the local night life, we were made to feel as though we were doing something wrong. There was a lot of awkwardness about not giving us our passports back until a full room inspection had been carried out, and we were very much made to feel that the pool was not for our use. They tried to charge us for two extra breakfasts because we'd asked for toast, too.
Our room smelled damp and musty, too, and the beach is a good half hour's walk away. We decided to extend our stay in Anjuna after our time at PR was up, but opted for different accommodation.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lulamae_Barnes
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Upgraded to a room in the house, and what a good nights sleep so comfortable in the the 4 poster bed. Didn't spend long here but staff were helpfull and breakfast good. A little away from the beach but a nice walk passing lots of restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pete_n_pat
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I wish nobody ever opt for this place. The complementary breakfast was just one item to select from(Roti sabji or poha or bread omelette). the lady owner did not allow to take any photograph. The room were old with beautiful old furniture and stinky. poolside was just to sit. We never ordered any food there as in Goa the food it awesome. I remember her scolding other people. So do stay away from this plcae. We paid nearly 4k per night in pick season . So it was not at all worth.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2013

During my last travel to Goa, I stayed at this place. The place was quite like I thought it would be.. It was situated near to Anjuna beach on Anjuna - Mapusa main Road.. To reach the place, ask directions for Dominoz Pizza on Anjuna -Mapusa road and from there it is just 2 minutes walk. But i did not quite like the room we were given. I thought i booked for AC suite but I got only a AC double room as mentioned in the voucher. Staff was very helpful and attentive to our needs and even helped us to keep our belongings for some extra time after our checkout.. If you are antique lover, you should visit this place which was built centuries ago and enjoy the antique furnitures and other things on show there. Breakfast, unlike mentioned in some other review though lacking choices, was good. Check for the flush tanks, the room in which i was staying had a problem with efficient flushing.. I would surely visit this place back at the same prices..

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
8  Thank NickAng
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Palacete Rodrigues, about a few furlongs away from the Anjuna beach is a beautiful ancient palace/museum sort of a structure with European style rooms and serene huts in an exquisite garden. There is also a pool and poolside tables, hammock and benches to sit around with friends and chat up, basking in the moonlight till wee hours.

This place has great service and good food for the prices specified. The staff was helpful and friendly.

This place is located closer to shops, ATMs and at a walkable distance to the beach. So, accessibility to all sides of Anjuna were convenient and it was completely worth the money and added a lot more to our frolic stay in Goa.

Room Tip: Choose the Garden view huts for privacy.
6  Thank TraveFreak
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I'd like to start of by saying, this is the 1st review I've been provoked to write and the title really sums up why.

While I haven't actually stayed at the hotel besides putting up there for one night two years ago
I have utilized one of the bungalows they offer in Vagator a couple of times now, meaning that I've come back and forth from the Palacette several times in the past few years even occasionally visiting them when I'm not staying there. Given that there are particular times that water works in the bungalow one may have to make frequent trips up and down from the hotel.

While the Goan family that owns the place are always up for a chat and short tour and as 693 Domldd put it "can do" people, I sensed a good deal of resentment for domestic travellers this time I visited. Now I'm sure many of us are aware that this attitude exists in Goa (and often with good reason). But I felt that as a returning customer who had been nothing but professional in my dealings with them I was mistreated.

Just because we're in a group of 5 and mostly twenty-somethings gives no right to anyone to treat us like second-rate travellers.

To cut to the chase- my criticism is centered especially around two of the staff- Babloo and Krishna. I hadn't seen them around the past few times, and assume they are relatively new hires. These two intentionally held back my Voter ID that I'd handed to them as security up until 1 and a half hours before my flight! Vagator remember is an hour away from the airport on a good day. Ensuring that I had the most stressful cab ride of my life. They held back my ID citing the need to "inspect" the property they had seen just yesterday in perfectly fine condition. After a painful, waste-of-time half an hour they informed I was free to go.

The small things I can overlook- carpenter renovating and hammering through the afternoons (I mean we come to GOA to get away from the same), the huge bungle on our scooties (leaving us scooty-less on the 1st day after having promised us) and the lack of water between 10 AM-5 PM. But the general attitude of having to "manage" their younger guests has really gotten to me on this last trip.

That being said, I partially knew what I was getting into. The bungalow is serene and beautiful and we were all aware that electricity and water problems were more-than-likely.It was a trade-off we were ready to make for the privacy and calm that the bungalow offers. The people however make the place. And sadly the people in this case have ensured that I will not be returning to one of my favorite spots in Goa.

To all doubting our intentions/age we were 5 people. 3 guys and 2 girls. All working, all well-to-do. Two of us working in one of the biggest NGOs in the country, one in Flipkart and one in a bank in Dubai (RAKBANK) for pete's sake. We just returned from our trip last week.

P.S. A meek apology and rushing me into my cab was the last I heard from both Babloo and Krishna. Our cab guy ended up Schumacher-ing us to the airport in 50 minutes! Where the lady at the counter (to my immense relief) informed me the flight was delayed an hour. I like to believe it was the pilot taking a siesta (when in Goa) that saved us! Hehe.

What I can tell you for certain is my mindset in Goa this time was far from "Sussegado."

2  Thank Icegate