“Being a Member experienced a horrible exp”

The Country Club De Goa Resort
Ranked #59 of 104 Hotels in Bardez
Pune, India
“Being a Member experienced a horrible exp”
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I was on my honeymoon to Country Club, Goa for which specially i had taken membership. But when i reached Country club, i experienced terrible experiences. although being a member, i have been treated as a Non member. I have been kept waiting for almost 2 hrs to get a room eventhough i had gone there in Non seasonal months.
I suggest all, not to take membership of CCIL, as they only give false promises during enrolment and then its all over.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
29 Thank swapnil_dikholkar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 16 December 2011

the hotel is a nice property very close to anjuna .. about 5 minutes walking from there.. just a little towards the inside so hence more secluded.. ehat i loved about the hotel was the pool and the area around it ... the pool is very well maintained.. and the area which they have created on a raised level is beautiful.. the rooms are pleasant for the price we paid .. the staff couldve been a little more helpful butoveral a good experience.. but please hire your own bikes directly from the beach starting point.. itll be cheaper.. overall the hotel was decent .. but the pool was the best part .. hence the very good rating

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank sidd107
Mangalore, India
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I stayed in this resort for 4 nights and 5 days. During check in we were assigned a room just above the kitchen area. We were not happy with this room as I saw stained pillow covers and the entrance of the room itself was very filthy. When we told the bell boy about it, he immediately informed the reception and assigned us another room in other block. Although this room looked OK at first, the AC stopped functioning the second day and we had shift to another room.

The towels provided though looked clean were very old. Restaurant is not up to the mark and buffet breakfast will not be ready until 08:30 am. On the last day of our stay we noticed that the resort staff were protesting against the management for some reason...

Overall its not the worth of money we paid towards our membership!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
11 Thank reenacorda

Travellers are raving about these Bardez hotels

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 14 November 2011

i visit to goa for my diwali vacation with my family and stay at country club . it is situated at good location in goa near anjuna beach , food package is liitle bit expensive here in short if you are getting offer of 3 night and 4 days stay in just rs 2000 it is worth to sray here

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
18 Thank rakeshpareek
India
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I visited Country Club Goa in the first week of November and my experience was terrible. I don't know how come someone has rate this a 4 Star property.

Room: Ok, but not at all a 3/4 star Category.
Swimming pool: It was properly maintained.

Restaurant: this was my worst experience ever in my life. On the first day when I reached Goa, I was tired and reach their late at around 9:00 PM so was not in condition to go out for dinner. We thought to have food at their restaurant and that was our first mistake. They denied to server Ala-carte and asked to take only buffet.

It took more than 1 hour 30 mins for us to complete our dinner as we have to wait for Breads (Naan/roti) for 40 mins in middle of dinner and than 15-20 mins for the vegetables (daal/Aaalu). None of the waiters are ready to listen. Its totally unmanaged even though their was no crowd. We met few Gujarati Families who were taking their last dinner and they also facing same concern/miss management from their day one. It was their bad luck than they have opted for the MAP plan so they have no option to eat same, but we were Lucky in this case.

Their was nothing interesting or much options in buffet, it was very simple food that you normally had at home but don't doesn't tastes like that.

If you order food for Room Service it will take more than an hour server even if you order in advance/early.

One day I ordered evening snacks they confirmed that food will be servers in 20 mins, after 30 mins when i called again as nothing has came they said it will come in 10 mins and when i called third time after 15 mins they said their is no order from my room. Then after another 25-30 mins someone called and said that their was some mistake happened at their end and we will get our food in another 20-30 mins.... :)

It was hike of mismanagement and seems resort manager is not at all bother about reputation and comfort of their Guests even though almost every customer was complaining about same thing.

I took Country Club membership two years back and that time also I was cheated as sales person committed few thing and were never done. Even after many escalations no one has responded and stop taking calls.

After Two years somehow I planned to try the service first time as i have paid for it, but this time also I was very much disappointed and felt cheated.

Room Tip: Must take hotel in Baga an Calangute area.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
32 Thank SS0019
National Capital Territory of Delhi, India
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Ok, here's the complete review. Stayed here for 3 nights and 4 days.
Rooms are average and as earlier pointed out, go there to sleep only.
Room service is slow and not upto the mark; for example: with three different hot beverages that I ordered, I got only one tea spoon; ordered a tea and coffee and it took 55 minutes to reach; was charged for stuff not consumed etc.
Cleanliness: During check-in, we could smell the restroom at reception...so much that my 7 year old complained loudly...receptionist just smiled and gave a vague answer and did not call up housekeeping. Stairs to the room were always smelling...irrespective of the day. Stairs also had dirty linen on them each day, along with broken bottles.
Restaurant: takes 45 minutes to get a grilled coleslaw s/w, fries and a fresh juice. BTW, coleslaw here means cucumber and tomato slices.
Pool: small but alright for fun.
Nearby places: @ Anjuna beach: Cafe SeaBreeze...especially on Wednesday. Don't go to Curlees pls...terrible food.
@ Baga: InkCraft at Brittos for tattoo. No shack recommended for food here. Infact, staff at Brittos and the place before that was rude. You may want to have dinner at beach with candlelight...I only wish they had placed the tables more away from each other.
@ Calingute: have food at Souza Lobo. Rest is same as Baga.
Water sports both at Baga and Calingute. You can rent beach chairs and get foot massage as well.

• Stayed November 2011
7 Thank CountryClubMember
National Capital Territory of Delhi, India
Reviewed 30 October 2011

My booking is in Nov 11...tried to tell my room preference to the person on phone...turns out he is a bell boy and can't do Anything except to tell you to call at some other time...also when asked for manager's contact number...was unable to provide it...Imagine a hotel run by bell boys...imagine who will you contact in case of any complaint...who will you contact in case of any emergency...this is Country Club for you...

• Stayed October 2011
11 Thank CountryClubMember
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bardez
No photo provided
#7 of 64 in Candolim
Aldeia Santa Rita
Aldeia Santa Rita
#19 of 64 in Candolim

Been to The Country Club De Goa Resort? Share your experiences!