All reviews garden restaurant reception staff swimming pool memorable stay restaurant manager special thanks live music house keeping the general manager seafood great holiday special mention awesome stay front office his team shuttle service nice experience
Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

Overall a widespread property with some privately owned bungalows in between.. Didn't find d service good.. Probably coz it was full but man I paid my money u need to serve if u r taking bookings ..
Bed Linen wasnt good. Blanket in ac room was provided only when asked dat also wid out a bedsheets or a cover ....
Towels etc provided were also pretty worn out.. Toiletries were of average quality

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank vishaaal_21
joecons, General Manager at Joecons Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time to review our services on trip advisor. I am disappointed to note that we could not match up on your expectation this time..your feedback is very valuable and your words means a lot for us and gives us an opportunity to review our service standards and its our continuous endeavor to offer best product and services to our valuable guest like you. my team joins me in thanking you and look forward to welcome you back to Joecons for your next trip to Goa to experience the Joecons hospitality.

Reviewed 14 November 2015

Situated just a km away from the beach s a perfect place to hang out, be it with either friends or family. Apart from its superb location, it also offers delightful food and all modern day amenities! The resort has 2 pools and a game center for all your entertainment cravings. the rooms are perfectly maintained and are spacious. the atmosphere of the resort overall is very soothing and comforting. The hotel staff is helpful as well.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time to review our services on trip advisor. I am delighted to note that you had a pleasant stay with us.your feedback is very valuable and your words means a lot for us and gives us an opportunity to review our service standards and its our continuous endeavor to offer best product and services to our valuable guest like you. my team joins me in thanking you and look forward to welcome you back to Joecons for your next trip to Goa.

Reviewed 12 November 2015

Tripadvisor is one of my absolutely favourite website and I refer to it a lots prior to my travels and my family loves to travel.
That being said I must admit that while I was born and brought up in Mumbai, I traditionally hail from Goa. Joecons was started and is still owned and run by a Goan family. So even before I checked in I guess some part of me really wanted to be biased and rate the place 5 stars to promote it.
But after my 2 nights stay there with my family (wife, 1 kid @ 4 years, 1 infant @ 4 months) I was really disheartened and would wish to leave a honest heartfelt review on Tripadvisor.

So here goes:-
Check In - Did not take long: In less than 10 mins post arrival at hotel we were in our room.
Room - Decent and clean: No complains
Food - Average & Expensive: Had lunch on 1st day here and while it is ok there are much better options if you are willing to drive towards cavellosim.
Staff friendliness - OK: Few rotten apples spoilt it.

Issue 1:
Pool - Good clean pool. Immediately on checking into the hotel we went to the room changed and headed for the pool. I ordered a drink and french fries and requested for pool towels. The drink arrived promptly and the family and me were enjoying in the pool. I reminded for the pool towels 2-3 times. Then post 40 mins we needed to get out of the pool and realised the french fries too had not arrived, neither had the pool towels.
So I called the on duty manager and reported this - Shockingly his reply was "There is a birthday function on and hence most of the staff are busy there!!!" Wow... Brilliant excuse.. Anyways we cancelled the order of the fries and walked to our room dripping wet - 2 adults, 1 kid and 1 infant.

Issue 2:
Buffet Bfast - Average: The spread was strictly average, nothing too great. Clearly a divide between the service level for the foreigners and the Indians with waiters swarming around them like bees ready to help and we Indians were left to fend for ourselves. I remember telling the waiter that the tea pot kept at the buffet was over and needs to be filled. While I waited for over 10 mins for my cup of tea the waiters were serving the foreigners with individual tea - pots. BTW I left without the tea. The on duty manager was the same "staff too busy" guy from the pool the previous day. He blatantly ignored me so I did not even try to inform him of the tea.

Issue 3:
We spent most of our time outside the property not wanting to ruin our holiday and ate at some wonderful restaurants outside. We used the property only to have a shower and sleep at night.
So on check out I left an honest feedback and left the place at about 11.30 am. Our flight back home was at 5 pm and we had decided to check out early and have our lunch outside.
When we were having our lunch I just happened to check our tickets and then realised that my wife's and my ID proof given to the hotel during checkin 2 days prior had not been returned to us. Without these ID proofs we would not be allowed to enter the airport. So I left my family at the restaurant and rushed back towards Joecons. On route I called them and informed them of the same. The lady on the phone immediately took a defensive stand and said it is not possible as all ID proofs are returned back immediately to the guests. That is when I lost my cool and started speaking sternly to her. Next I was put on hold and after about 30 seconds she came back online and informed me that yes the id proofs were there. So I rushed back there... quitely took my ID proofs... and rushed back to the family waiting at the restaurant.. and then onwards towards the airport... luckily we made it in time for the flight...

So you see dear reader... while the heart wants to rate this place higher.. the mind will not do it... So Long Joecons... I wont be returning back...

Date of stay: November 2015
6  Thank sidneydsouza
joecons, General Manager at Joecons Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valuable time taken to put your feedback on Trip Advisor. i am disappointed to note that your stay was not as you had expected at Joecons. I can assure you that its not what joecons is known for and i fully agree with you this hotel is run by Goan family with a Goan heart and hospitality. i sincerely apologize that oneor two of the team member did not handle your requests appropriately. i am going to look in to it personally and ensure that those team members are counselled and trained to handle guest request in a quick and modest manner.I thank you for your patronage and would love to have you with us for your next holidays to prove real worth of Joecons.

Reviewed 1 November 2015

very good resort. we had attend business meet for 3 days. we enjoyed lot here. Good atmosphere, food was so good specially sea food. swimming pool, Room service, servants all are helpful..super view from my room.

Date of stay: April 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valuable time taken to put your feedback on Trip Advisor. i am delighted to note that you had a wonderful stay with us. I thank you for your patronage and look forward to welcome you back for your next holidays.

Reviewed 30 October 2015

No faults for this hotel really, it is 5 mins from the beach. the rooms are clean and maybe a little dated but perfectly fine.
The pool area is great - good size and the restaurant nearby is lovely.
Staff were friendly and helpful.
I went with friends but it would be perfect for couples and families. Never felt crowded and large gardens offer lots to explore.

Date of stay: March 2015