“Important - BE AWARE” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Benaulim
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Important - BE AWARE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I would like to start up saying that I was targeted by the marketing team that called me several times for the 7 nights offer for a bargain (free, I must say). I should have smelled something fishy. However I went for the offer and I dread my decision till date.

I was shown room after room and they were one worse then the other.

1. The reception area was absolutely not welcoming. It looked like a makeshift office. Half the people at the counter were not aware of the procedures and phone numbers of people to contact in case of issues. I know the local language and I understood exactly what they spoke and thought about me and my family (I cannot expect something better from staff whose managers are of the sort I saw and experienced)
2. The rooms that I was sown were dirty (I do not mean not cleaned). The closets had dirt marks, the crockery seemed to be used for ages, the TVs were of ancient age, the fridges doors were cracked (I dare not open any fridge).
3. One of the last rooms that I was told was recently upgraded to a 4 star level (as mentioned by your site manager) had metal beds with a plywood placed on top on which the mattress was placed. The plywood was so prominent.. if this was thier definition of upgraded one can only imagine the rest….
4. One can imagine the quality of food and cleanness at the restaurants.. and other facilities..
5. The quality of the towels at the swimming pool is a must see….
6. And lots more….

Result, I did not check-in. I booked Grand Hyatt in Bambolim and left. I was told that my deposit of USD 172.00 will not be refunded... for USD 172.00 I could not put my family into such a ordeal. I have raised the issue to the management. but the reply seems to be the same (no refund).

My advice to RGBC - target the right kind of people that will appreciate what you have to offer.. not everybody will....

Room Tip: None are good....
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
13 Thank BLodaya
Royal_Resorts_India, General Manager at Karma Royal Palms, responded to this review, 6 October 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at Royal Palms and sharing such a positive review.
The location of the resort is in fact outstanding with just a 10 minute walk to the beach with numerous shops in the vicinity and car and bike rentals at reasonable rates.
We are glad you found the accommodation spacious, clean and pleasant and all unit amenities useful.
Also great to hear that you found the swimming pool well maintained and enjoyed the other resort facilities like Gym, Grocery shop , recreation room.
I am delighted that you found the services nice and the front office and house keeping team friendly and helpful and you had a nice and memorable stay!
I will certainly pass on your appreciation for Umar and Wilma in the sales and marketing team.

We do hope too welcome you back for another memorable family holiday!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Bengaluru, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

the call centre assured when you reach, will be given alternate accommodation till your allotted flat is made available was absurd, as they put us in room which was shared with other guests, room needed to be open all the time and even if there were no other guest, was harshly told not to lie down.After a long train travel from bangalore , reaching early morning, waiting in the alternate guest room was horrible experience. we went for breakfast till the rooms get ready, the rates were insanely high..like 3 star, I will not even give 1 star to this royal palms, the 1 bedroom flat was very small, living area could either have the sofa open or dining table used. the only good thing was gas and utensils in the kitchen. there was no arrangement for tea/sugar in the kitchen. the bathroom supplies was just given on first day. Room cleaning service needed to be called every time we had to get it cleaned. Pool usage had special rules for different guests, I was told to go only in swim suit and not in Tshirt/shorts; where as we saw women in burka , covered on head too ; in the pool. We had go and get water, few blocks away and was given with just one bottle.

Call center also assured there will be no extra charges for kid, which was rudely denied by the reception so had to pay extra for kid, which gave us just a mattress. Taxi charges was insainly high, if you walk a bit and try to hire other taxies, then u had to leave it few blocks before due to the TAXI mafia .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank 958m_s
Royal_Resorts_India, General Manager at Karma Royal Palms, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear Guest
We sincerely regret the inconveniece caused to you which was not intential.
You were accomodated in general waiting room till your room is ready since you arrived early.
Our standard checkin time is 4.00 pm in the evening.
Our restaurant pricing on par with any three star property in India.
We certainly do follow very strick rules in the swimming pool however they are instances where some guests do snick into the pool without registing and we then have to ask them to dress in proper pool attire.
Regards
John Peter

water, few blocks away and was given with just one bottle.
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

This resort is great place to spend your vacations at a reasonable amount. Benaulim beach is around a half a km far from the Royal resorts . The attached kitchens makes your vacation more comfortable and all the neccessity shops are nearby .
The biggest but with these resorts are they'll make you watch a presentation featuring there various resorts at different place and will offer you their membership. They'll invite you to their resorts 2-3 times , offer you good discounts to make up ur mind inorder to sell their membership.They talk in a diplomatic way on one side they'll say u r to say No on the other hand they'll talk some stuffs which will hurt ur self esteem eventually you end up buying their membership . Their membership is just a big waste of money , Other than Goa they hardly have any resorts in India. Although after buying the membership also , they become unresponsive and every year you have to pay 10k just a maintaince charge.
Other than their membership stuff , this resort is great and soothing place to spend your vacations.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank shreyadixit
Royal_Resorts_India, General Manager at Karma Royal Palms, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Greetings from Royal Palms

We are glad that you have enjoyed your vocation,our hospitality and the facilities in and around our resort.

We being a time share resort, maintenance charges are applicable and guest do enjoy a edge over staying in a normal resort without kitchenette facilities.

Thanking you for reviewing our resort.

Regards and Best Wishes.

Bathinda, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

The rsort cum hotel is well placed near Maria hall, making it well connected to rest of the Goa by public transport. The beach is walking distance and the happening Colva beach is well within reach....Gr8 place to be with family as there are lots of inhouse activities...The resort could add on some more good swings,slids etc for small kids. WORTH A STAY...

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank preetman9
Royal_Resorts_India, General Manager at Karma Royal Palms, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear Guest

Greetings from the Royal Palms.

We are glad that you enjoyed our resort and its ideal location enabling you to have a nice holiday with us.

We will consider your valuable suggestion of adding some water games for the kids in the pool area.

Thanking you for reviewing us.

Bengaluru, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

There are some good things about the hotel, but there is a big 'if'. Do not even think about it if you are offered at a bargain on the conditional 'mandatory preview' as they say it. It's basically a program to lure into buying a timeshare account, where they waste lot of your time. They start by saying you are free to say 'no' and walk away from the presentation, but what you won't know is the treatment they will meat you out when you say 'no'. They will keep bringing down the price to unbelievable levels and if you still say no, they will treat you with no respect whatsoever.

However, the facility provided itself was nice, though it's more than a KM from the beach.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank prakash_ajp
Royal_Resorts_India, General Manager at Karma Royal Palms, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Greetings from Royal.

Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences caused to you, it is certainly not our policy to offend our customers.

We will be dealing with this very seriously.

Thanking you

Regards

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

It is a reasonably good property, Benaulim beach is less than half a km from the resort.There are close by all the shops where you will get all the stuff which you need for cooking your food,there is kitchen which is provided in the resort.Good reasonably priced food is available outside the resort.Resort has a good restaurant,There is nice swimming pool and they have good activities for the occupants to keep them busy.We regularly stay at this place.Convenient location,nearby beach,good food available,kitchen facilities available,good swimming pool all in all a nice package for entire family.

Room Tip: better select a room / suite on ground floor, facing the swimming pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BHARATO
Royal_Resorts_India, General Manager at Karma Royal Palms, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Greetings from Royal Palms

We are indeed glad to hear that you enjoyed your holidays at the resort.

Our concept of service apartments is very much appreciated by many of our guests like you who love to return back again and again.

Thanking you for the time spent to review us.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I read a couple of cpomments who had rated their experience as horrible at Royal Goan Beach Resorts (I was NOT at the Club). However, as my one month long stay is nearing the end, I am loathe to give up the palce and go back to my 2 room apaprtment at Bangalore. Firstly, the stay was on special rate because of Goan rainy season. Second, not much scope for sightseeing as it rained all days and anyways, I have seen Goa several times over. My purpose was to relax and that was fulfilled amply. The staff at both reception and guest relations were very friendly and helpful contrary to what Danielphoto had warned. The cleaning staff were efficient, fast and listened to my several odd requests and carried out those without any arguement. The restaurant food was excellent, very tasty but tad expensive. I rather was more delighted to use the kitchenette which had double induction cooker, a variety of utensils and crockeries to take care of all my preparations. The largish drawing cum dining room was adequate for me. Only grievance I had with the poor quality of cable feed which did a disservice to the 36" (possibly) LCD Tv's capabilities. Both the ACs at the drawing room and bedroom were relatively new and had turbo cooling which would cool up the rooms in minutes. The fact that Goa was not very warm because of the rains also must have helped. What was delightful was the beds - very thick yet supportive mattress with clean sheets which were changed frequently. Going to bed at night was an inviting thought. The complex - the largest such at Benaulim - some 7 kms frm Margao town - had literally scores of 3 and few 4 storied buildings. Painted white with cobalt blue for highlights, the complex looked serene. The security was quite strict and efficient and I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the local taxi drivers are not allowed entry into the complex as they could be very pestering. The Taxi Association has fixed rates of R 1500 and R 1800 for South and North Goa trips but one can negotiate deals with taxi owners outside the association too. But I doubt during season there would be any concessions. There are few restaurants around but in the rainy seasons most were closed or were running on reduced capacity and hence food was not good. As at this period fishing is banned the price of fished had gone up substantially. Crabs were either too costly or not available at all. Prawns were available though at last years price but same as in Bangalore. There are 2 'supermarkets' nearby plus the complex had its own small kinara shop. And as always there are several wine shops around. One could walk down to Benaulim beach or could take the local bus to go to Mobor and see the beaches there Or go to Margaon from where local buses are available for several nearby beaches as well as the capital town Panjim. Taxis were expensive and autos were likely to take you for a ride. Colva beach is als nearby and a 10 mnt bus ride if you can walk down for 5-6 minites to the bus stop at Maria Hall.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank sharebaba
Royal_Resorts_India, General Manager at Karma Royal Palms, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Greetings from Royal

We are indeed glad that you enjoyed the monsoons along with our hospitality.

Yes we agree that the taxis in Goa are expensive and if one can drive down with their own vehicle nothing like it.

Thanking you for comments on our resort.

We look forward to serving you once again.

John Peter

Also consider these accommodations in or near Benaulim
Taj Exotica Goa
Baywatch Beach Resort
Beleza...by the beach
Beleza...by the beach
#2 of 5 in Betalbatim

Been to Karma Royal Palms? Share your experiences!