I would like to start up saying that I was targeted by the marketing team that called me several times for the 7 nights offer for a bargain (free, I must say). I should have smelled something fishy. However I went for the offer and I dread my decision till date.
I was shown room after room and they were one worse then the other.
1. The reception area was absolutely not welcoming. It looked like a makeshift office. Half the people at the counter were not aware of the procedures and phone numbers of people to contact in case of issues. I know the local language and I understood exactly what they spoke and thought about me and my family (I cannot expect something better from staff whose managers are of the sort I saw and experienced)
2. The rooms that I was sown were dirty (I do not mean not cleaned). The closets had dirt marks, the crockery seemed to be used for ages, the TVs were of ancient age, the fridges doors were cracked (I dare not open any fridge).
3. One of the last rooms that I was told was recently upgraded to a 4 star level (as mentioned by your site manager) had metal beds with a plywood placed on top on which the mattress was placed. The plywood was so prominent.. if this was thier definition of upgraded one can only imagine the rest….
4. One can imagine the quality of food and cleanness at the restaurants.. and other facilities..
5. The quality of the towels at the swimming pool is a must see….
6. And lots more….
Result, I did not check-in. I booked Grand Hyatt in Bambolim and left. I was told that my deposit of USD 172.00 will not be refunded... for USD 172.00 I could not put my family into such a ordeal. I have raised the issue to the management. but the reply seems to be the same (no refund).
My advice to RGBC - target the right kind of people that will appreciate what you have to offer.. not everybody will....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Karma Royal Palms is a beautiful time share resort with a selection of studios, one and two bedroom apartments. Landscaped with lovely gardens that also feature the palm trees that give the resort its name, this resort is just a ten minute walk to Benaulim beach. The Karma Royal Palms offers you the whole range of holiday amenities to help you have that complete vacation that you deserve. The 24 hour reception, gymnasium and children's activity programme all contribute to making your holiday as comfortable as possible while giving you the opportunity to discover the joys of Goan culture. Margao city the commercial hub of South Goa is just a 10 minute drive away if you like bustling markets and a spot of bargaining. You can also liven up your holiday with water sports, excursions and trips all organized by the travel desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Karma Royal Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Goan Beach Club At Royal Palms Hotel Benaulim
- Royal Goan Beach Hotel
- Royal Goan Beach Resort
- Royal Goan Beach Benaulim
- Karma Royal Palms Goa/Benaulim