This is my 3rd Stay in this Resort, but not happy this time.
I purchased the RGBC membership after my 1st visit here a few years ago as I had a great time at the resort. This time, while I was in touch with the booking department nearly 3 months before my travel dates, but they still could not provide me the accommodation that I had requested. Strangely, the marketing division called me up (unsuspecting that I was already a member) and offered me my requested accommodation on the same dates.
The room that we got 74 in tower B was below average as compared to my previous stays. Yes it did have the necessary and promised bits, but the lighting was quite poor. The ventilation and lighting in the bathroom was even worse.
There was no mobile signal in or around my room (though this is not the management's problem, but it was a downer as there are other rooms very the connectivity is fine).
Wi-fi is available, but difficult to connect at times. The manager explained that a maximum of 2 devices (mobile phones/laptops/i-pads) can be connected for every room at any given point of time, but at times only 1 would work and at times none.
I did not try the food this time as I did not have a very positive experience during my last stay, but no qualms about that, as I was prepared for the same. There are plenty of other eating options around the resort and I would rather eat out on the beach or a recommended restaurant rather than the resort.
The beach is a short 10 minute walk and if you don't want to walk there are taxis and auto-rickshaws (tuk-tuk) available nearby. There are places to rent cars/bikes/cycles right outside the resort.
Benaulim beach area is a good area to stay, not overly crowded, but not too pricey or isolated as some of the other South Goa locations.
So while I do like the area and the beach, but note sure whether I would like to stay again at Royal Palms. Will prefer to stay at their other property next time - Haathi Mahal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Karma Royal Palms is a beautiful time share resort with a selection of studios, one and two bedroom apartments. Landscaped with lovely gardens that also feature the palm trees that give the resort its name, this resort is just a ten minute walk to Benaulim beach. The Karma Royal Palms offers you the whole range of holiday amenities to help you have that complete vacation that you deserve. The 24 hour reception, gymnasium and children's activity programme all contribute to making your holiday as comfortable as possible while giving you the opportunity to discover the joys of Goan culture. Margao city the commercial hub of South Goa is just a 10 minute drive away if you like bustling markets and a spot of bargaining. You can also liven up your holiday with water sports, excursions and trips all organized by the travel desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Karma Royal Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Goan Beach Club At Royal Palms Hotel Benaulim
- Royal Goan Beach Hotel
- Royal Goan Beach Resort
- Royal Goan Beach Benaulim
- Karma Royal Palms Goa/Benaulim