“Average Resort”
Review of Karma Royal Palms

Karma Royal Palms
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Benaulim
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed at the resort from 25th of Dec 2014 to 01st of Jan 2014, the rooms were not good just average, toilet was in bad state, otherwise stay was ok. We had bad experience on arrival and our checkin was very bad it took 3 hours to checkin and no tea or water was offered.

1  Thank vivek127128
Royal_Resorts_India, General Manager at Karma Royal Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Vivek,

Greetings from Royal Palms!

I remember when you arrived late evening on 25th December from Delhi with your family, you didn't have a confirmed reservation at the resort. There was a mix up and your agent had not confirmed the booking here at the resort.
Despite the fact we were fully booked and you didn't have a reservation we accommodated your family in the last unit which had just become available since we had a departure right then, time was needed to clean up the room hence the wait.

In fact while you were waiting for your room to be ready, as a gesture of goodwill we offered a complementary meal for your group at our Christmas gala dinner.

The review is a bit unfair as the team went out of their way to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.

Warm Regards!

There are newer reviews for Karma Royal Palms

Reviewed 21 January 2014

The resort is average at best. There are 2 Royal Resorts in Goa and this is the older one. Be aware it is a minimum 10 minute walk to the beach which we didn't mind as some exercise is good but others may not like. It has a number of excellent features but sadly it has too many poor factors that make the overall experience very disappointing. Good points are a good pool area, UV treated water outlets where fresh safe drinking water was available, weekly fogging to reduce mosquitos, daily cleaning (including fresh towels), a backup power generator (power was constantly failing), and in our apartment (a 2 bedroom) 3 split system air conditioners (other units had the old window rattlers) and new wall tiles in the bathroom along with new floor tiles throughout. The bad points are the spa walls stop short of the ceiling so all the pool noise stops the massage from being relaxing, our apartment had wall paint peeling off in numerous areas, the fridge was barely effective and in desperate needing of defrosting, the bathroom windows were horrendous and covered in mould, the doors leading to the balcony did not seal with the door frames and light, wind, rain could easily enter, the deadbolt on one door was useless as the hole for it to slide into was blocked and no longer aligned, the master bedroom has a very high window with no curtain so the morning light shines straight in, and lastly the service from reception is well below standard. For example while washing a drinking glass it shattered in my hand (the glasses are so thin) and cut me in 4 places. I advised the reception of the accident, (showing the bandages on my hand) so housekeeping could take extra care. The lady at reception did ring housekeeping but never enquired if I was ok. Then on the day we checked out (after being nagged by reception to pay the account the previous night which we did) they state I broke a glass and must pay 25 Rupees !!! The glass was worth 5 Rupees at most. This is not good customer relations. A last example was when the resort manager, Mirguel, asked me what I thought of the resort and I replied it needed maintenance and was happy to advise (not complain) of the room problems so he could ensure they were fixed for the next occupants but he just turned away and was not interested.

We did find an excellent restaurant opposite the resort - the Sky Roof Top. The food is great and the service is excellent which is why is was very busy every night.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Greetings from Royal Palms!

Firstly thank you for appreciating the good features of the resort and your feedback on the facilities.

I would like to update you that we have recently completed phase I of our refurbishment where over 50 apartments have been upgraded. We will be starting our second phase in coming June where the remaining apartments will be refurbished and should finish by December 2014.

Vis-à-vis the Spa, we are actually planning to conceal the ceilings so that guests are not disturbed with the outside noise. We also have in plan some new features for the Spa. Will keep you posted on this.

Please do accept my heartiest apologies on the glass breakage incident. We have investigated on this and have taken corrective measures to ensure this never happens again.

Am surprised on the feedback about our front office manager Mr. Miguel, as he is one of the best and most efficient team members, and has received many positive feedback from our guests.

We would love to have you back at Royal Palms next year when the entire resort is completely refurbished.

We are sure you will enjoy your stay and have a memorable holiday with us.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Reached on 28/12/13 along with my wife Poornima and second son Yugandar for one week stay to enjoy New year 2014!!!!. We were greeted with self served unlimited strawberry Non-alcholic drinks on arrival and within a fraction of minutes, they allocated us room after quick check-in formalities, all because of Mirguel Fernandis-Front office manager and Ms Betty's recognizing our family being our 7th visit and showing are concern with heart and self interest on helping us to get into room was more impressed and appreciable..The single bed room was well refurbishment with all innovative fittings such as A/c in both dinning hall and bed room, induction stove with full fledged respective utensils fit to Induction stove, decorative fittings in bath room was fabulous and enjoyable holiday beginning for us.The New designed Reception was new highlight for resort and had given extra mileage to the resort and found more decent and relaxed place when you are tired. We congratulate the team who did this and it is my wish to apply at other places wherever scope of improvement is required such as Holiday activities... If bored to having food at Resort-Trattoria, at our room kitchen, continuously, 3-4 restaurants just outside the resort having bit quality food served with free wi fi equivalent to our resort found more enjoyable.
Kids Play area and well maintained 2- swimming pools( main and baby pool) made our kids full time enjoyment with more safe and well care from dept staff. Enjoyed shuttle cock play whenever we want physical exercise.
On the downside, House keeping staff are to be still trained with skill which in turn made us to keep telling them to do clean the area in and around room and tables except few staff like Shelton Fernandis
Being this my 7th visit to my Family resort @ Royal Palms, we would full heartedly appreciate all staff like Judas, to make our family, Holidays a memorable week to begin 1st phase of 2014. I would thank all of you ...... staff best..... best place and my special appreciation to Dynamic lady General Manager Ms Neha sharma, who I never seen ever in such places being closely, friendly moving with members with members and full time available through out resort collecting on line feedback, in view of bringing this resort equivalent to other RGBC in Goa meeting to RCI and trip adviser Appreciation.
My best wishes to Ms Neha Sharma to achieve her Goal and vision and I advice all team members to join with her. Ms Sharma's involvement made my mind that I am worth of being member to RGBC anticipating great miracle changes in future.

SEE YOU ALL again for coming holidays soon and please keep it up your service further to what members really like. Long Live RGBC!!!!!

With warm regards

MC Ashok and Poornima.
Bangalore

Room Tip: New Refurbishment Rooms
2  Thank ash297628
Royal_Resorts_India, General Manager at Karma Royal Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Ashok,

Firstly really appreciate that you took the time out to write this wonderful review.

We strive to ensure all our members/guests have a truly memorable vacation, and when we get reviews like this we know our job is done and it only motivates us further to improve.

As a member your feedback is especially valuable as basis that we can take corrective measure for example our house keeping staff is being re trained to ensure all rooms are clean.

Again on behalf of the entire team we are thankful and glad that you had a marvelous holiday and I will most certainly convey your appreciation to Miguel, Judas, Betty and Shelton.

Also its good to know that you liked the new reception and our refurbished apartment and we hope to keep improving year on year.

We look forward to having you here again soon and ensure you have an enjoyable stay with us.

Wishing you many more memorable vacations with RGBC!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

This is my 3rd Stay in this Resort, but not happy this time.

I purchased the RGBC membership after my 1st visit here a few years ago as I had a great time at the resort. This time, while I was in touch with the booking department nearly 3 months before my travel dates, but they still could not provide me the accommodation that I had requested. Strangely, the marketing division called me up (unsuspecting that I was already a member) and offered me my requested accommodation on the same dates.

The room that we got 74 in tower B was below average as compared to my previous stays. Yes it did have the necessary and promised bits, but the lighting was quite poor. The ventilation and lighting in the bathroom was even worse.

There was no mobile signal in or around my room (though this is not the management's problem, but it was a downer as there are other rooms very the connectivity is fine).
Wi-fi is available, but difficult to connect at times. The manager explained that a maximum of 2 devices (mobile phones/laptops/i-pads) can be connected for every room at any given point of time, but at times only 1 would work and at times none.

I did not try the food this time as I did not have a very positive experience during my last stay, but no qualms about that, as I was prepared for the same. There are plenty of other eating options around the resort and I would rather eat out on the beach or a recommended restaurant rather than the resort.

The beach is a short 10 minute walk and if you don't want to walk there are taxis and auto-rickshaws (tuk-tuk) available nearby. There are places to rent cars/bikes/cycles right outside the resort.

Benaulim beach area is a good area to stay, not overly crowded, but not too pricey or isolated as some of the other South Goa locations.

So while I do like the area and the beach, but note sure whether I would like to stay again at Royal Palms. Will prefer to stay at their other property next time - Haathi Mahal

Room Tip: Get a room near the pool for wifi and mobile connectivity.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was disappointing this time.

I would just like to apprise you on the new developments at Royal Palms. Over 50 apartments have been refurbished to a high standard and we intend to continue with the improvements to the resort this year. On your next visit am sure that you will appreciate and enjoy the new apartments.

With regard to mobile connectivity, yes we do have network issues in certain areas of the resort which could be solved by putting up a tower, however the local government wouldn't allow us to do so.
WiFi is available in all the units and the connectivity is limited to two user’s basis the size of the resort and the available internet bandwidth. Increasing the users per unit would result in slow speed connections.

I understand that your experience with food last time was not so great, but I do wish that you had tried the food this time especially the Italian section; you would have certainly enjoyed it.

We do hope you visit Royal Palms again and will ensure you have a memorable vacation!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I went to this place on some exchange of points . So i got it at a good price . But you will have to spend half your day listening to the marketing of buying membership with RGBC.
Ok Back to the hotel. We stayed at the 1bhk not facing the pool which we were anyways not interested in.
The beach is around 2 kms away. So if you love the goa beaches and wanna frequent it then think about it.
The cleanliness is great . Service also is likable. We got prompt delivery of room service orders.
The car park is not within the resort. So if you are driving there you have to face lot of inconvenience. Was a bit disappointing to see the tone of some staff members as well . They were pretty rude. "Mam you will have to pay for misusing the property" And what was that . A saucer had chipped a bit and when confronted we realized that it was not us.

We did not avail any other services or the resort as we were more interested in the beach. But being Christmas time there was a lot going on in the resort

3  Thank Prashdsouza
Royal_Resorts_India, General Manager at Karma Royal Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Royal Palms!

Firstly just so you know, we do like to invite our guests to come and hear about the benefits of being an RGBC owner, however it is not mandatory to attend the presentation.

We are glad to hear that you found are services likable and prompt. The team does put in their best efforts to ensure best possible service delivery. And appreciation like this does motivate the team further.

With regard to the parking we do have 2 parking lots right outside the resort which can accommodate about 50 vehicles. When the parking slots outside are full, we do allow cars to be parked inside the resort at designated places.

Lastly please accept my heartiest apologies if any member of my staff was rude, will most certainly investigate into the matter.

We hope to see you back at Royal Palms soon!

Best Wishes and a great year ahead!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Four of us stayed in a 1BR apartment, which was having a kitchenette.All facilities required were available. The best thing was the for some weird reasons our phones didnt get much range which was kind of a blessing in disguise for us, as all have a hectic work schedule. Over all a nice place to chill and relax.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank MithunNair
Royal_Resorts_India, General Manager at Karma Royal Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear Mithun

Thanks for the review!

We are happy to know your stay was Nice and Cosy with us here.

Regarding the mobile network range, we do have limited connectivity here. We have been trying to put up a tower for better connectivity but the local government wouldn't allow it.

Yes it is a blessing in disguise and one can have a truly peaceful vacation.

We look forward to having you back with us here.

Wishing you many more memorable holidays to come!

Best Wishes

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Nice, clean and conveniently located. We stayed in 1 bedroom, plenty of shops nearby, hardly a 1KM walk to Benaulim beach. Location is pretty central to South Goa, good for comfortable day trip to North or further South Goa

Room Tip: Choose room near lobby to get WiFi in the room
1  Thank Gautam J
Royal_Resorts_India, General Manager at Karma Royal Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Greetings from Royal Palms!

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay here with us!

Royal Palms indeed has a great location.

With regard to the WiFi facility, it is is available in all our units not just around the lobby.

We do hope to see you back again.

Wishing you many more memorable holidays to come.

Best Wishes!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Benaulim
Karma Royal Haathi Mahal
#1 of 5 in Betalbatim
Jasminn by Mango Hotels
Jasminn by Mango Hotels
#2 of 5 in Betalbatim

Been to Karma Royal Palms? Share your experiences!