“Excellent property and hospitality”

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Benaulim
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We had a wonderful stay here. It is the most comfortable property specially with kids. The beach access is also very approachable.all the restaurants have excellent food and the hotel provides one with good shoppin options also. The spa service is also worth experiencing.
1524-87683- jet privilege no.

• Stayed: July 2013
TajExoticaGoa, Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am glad to note you enjoyed your stay at the resort and experienced the facilities the resort has to offer.

There are newer reviews for Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed here only for one night and traveled most of the day, which is perhaps why the hotel did not register much. It is certainly highly priced and for a modest, albiet sea facing room, we got to sleep in small and dated rooms. I really liked the balconies and the room service and food were indeed excellent.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ArchitectnMuse

I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am glad to note you had a comfortable stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Taj Exotica Goa in the near future for a longer stay.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

My wife and i have just had the most enjoyable stay at the taj. We were here for 2 weeks and cannot praise the managers and staff highly enough. We stayed in a deluxe room with sea view and were fortunate to be offered an upgrade to a pool villa for our final 4 days. We had meals at the Lobster Shack, Goan restaurant but best of all head and shoulders above was the Italian. Service and quality of food was first class through out the Taj.
We used the spa and gym and again our experience was first class. The gardens are beautiful and manicured to a very high standard. The golf course i enjoyed and 9 holes takes under an hour which is probably why i had 4 or 5 games.
We were also lucky enough to watch an indian wedding within the Taj grounds-fascinating..
We have stayed in 5 star resorts in South Goa previously but our overall experience places Taj at the top.
If visiting any of the shacks on the beach then turn left as you leave the Taj and visit the Zumbrai Shack which is owned by a goan family. Food,service and cleanlieness were excellent.
Thanks everyone for your excellent service and attention to detail.

Room Tip: Deluxe room in the main hotel was very nice and spacious however if you can the pool villa was fab.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

I would like to thank you for your feedback. I am glad to note you enjoyed your stay at the resort and we exceeded your expectations.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I choose the Taj mostly because of the glowing reviews on here - having been to Goa once before and stayed at the Leela, i have something to compare the Taj to.

Firstly, the gardens and grounds are expansive and very well maintained
The rooms i found a bit dated and not to my taste - the bathroom probably needed a refurb as they are pretty dated - old style tiles and stained wooden/marble fixtures. The shower leaked all over the floor and created a slick around the back of the toilet/bidet and around to the bath which we constantly had to mop up with towels
The main room, again to me dated style of furniture And bright yellow walls. Having said that, the rooms were clean and comfortable.
The service i found overbearing - way too over the top for me - showing me the label of a bottle of kingfisher beer like it was a fine vintage wine, asking if the food was good in the restaurant 3 times by 3 different people in the space of 2mins whilst we were eating. Insisting on Silver service when we were down to the last few mouthfuls of food on the place - some people may find this nice but i find it fairly intrusive.
Buffet breakfast is good.
I dislike that they charge daily for wireless internet and dont have any free access even in the common areas of the hotel - seriously - for the amount you pay for the rooms, they should add this in as an included service - most hotels now offer free wifi as standard. If they cant do this then add some rupees to the room rate instead of having this as an extra charge. I also found the wifi terribly intermittent, they boast its spans the whole resort - well it kept dropping all the time in our room and by our plunge pool and as we walked around the resort we noticed it wasnt available consistently.
I think compared to the Leela, i prefer the leela for the style decor of rooms and the common parts of the hotel but pretty much on a par for service and restaurants.

Room Tip: IF you can afford it, the villa with private plunge pool is def worth it! Go outside to the beach...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GavT_London

I would like to thank you for your feedback. I also take this opportunity to inform you that the hotel is scheduled to undergo renovation and the master plan is currently being finalized.

I have also made a note of your feedback regarding the service at the restaurant and have taken this up with the concerned manager.

With regards to your feedback regarding the wifi charges at the hotel, this is already being reviewed by the Senior Leadership at the Taj Group.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Just sent in an email intimating about our visit and was blown away by the sheer level of awesomeness of the services received. Personal attention given to upon arriving. Examples: excellent sea view room, chocolate cake and flowers waiting for us on entering the room, chocolates and a photo frame (also made of chocolate the next day with our pics printed on them!).

I had been to the holiday village few years back and that too was one of fav holidays, this time taj exceeded my expectations again.

The property is laid back and away from the usual hustle of Goa in season with a beautiful beach and good water sports facilities(these are outsourced so be ready to bargain). In the night the beach is too dark but great for sitting and taking a stroll(would recommend taj to install some floodlights).

Had food at almost all it's restaurants all of which are simply superb! Especially loved the Goan food festival and gourmet demonstration from Chef Rego in the lawns on our first night! Also must try is the la bai (Goan and Chinese rest.) where Chef Robin doles out some of the most delectable seafood. Lobster Shack which is right on sea front is nice too, though IMO has a limited menu(maybe due to it being on the beach).

All in all my stay seemed too short even just for the 4 days I was in Taj Exotica lol! I hope to stay for at least a week next Time I'm here as missed out on the jiva spa services.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 December 2013

A superb hotel set in 56 acres of immaculately kept gardens. A nine hole golf course and three hole pitch and putt course. Egrets on the lawns and fish eagles occasionally hovering over the sea.
What a lobby - so spacious and peaceful. Five restaurants with great food. Good sized rooms with everything you need. All so peaceful and tranquil. Large, sandy, clean beach. Warm sea - just a shame it isn't more blue - the colour is more like the sea around the UK.. But, the beach is great and ideal for long walks.

We have had warm welcomes at several Indian hotels but this surpassed all of those. The satff are amazing - nothing is too much trouble. All are so friendly and obliging.

Another couple we met suggested this is the best hotel in India. Some claim but they could just be right!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AdventurerCambridge

I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am glad to note you enjoyed your stay at the resort.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

It was my 7th stay at the hotel and my family and I still love going back to the place. Everything is great. However, I have noticed that certain things are not there anymore e.g, welcome wine bottle and cookies/nuts in the room, dance classes, cocktail/mocktail lessons. Even though we are from Goa, our holiday is incomplete without going to Taj Exotica. Before they opened, we used to stay at Fort Aguada, so overall, we have patronized Taj hotels with over 10 visits. Our next agenda is to go to lake palace, Udaipur.

Room Tip: Garden villa rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Taj Exotica Goa in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Benaulim
The Leela Goa
Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim Beach
Seashell Beach Suites
Seashell Beach Suites
#1 of 66 in Candolim

Been to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa? Share your experiences!