“jambo taj goa”

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Benaulim
Reviewed 3 April 2014

ambiance was good, rooms were clean but bathroom are not sparkling clean. vegetrian food not as per guju taste , breakfast well spread and full of juices and high proteins value added items for seniours

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
TajExoticaGoa, Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am glad to note you enjoyed your stay and all the facilities at the resort.

It is with concern I have made a note of your feedback regarding the cleanliness of your bathroom during your stay and I have taken this up with the concerned Head of Department.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Taj Exotica is an outstanding property in every way. The huge grounds and well kept lawns greet you upfront and set the tone for your stay. The resort is spread in 50 plus acres, and every nook and corner of the the property is well maintained. We stayed here during the month of March, goa was already sizzling hot by then but green surroundings of the resort made the heat a little more bearable.

We were a group of three families and the resort managed to accommodate the rooms near each other, so that was an auspicious start. We had small children in our group and the resort was very accommodating with our customized demands like bland food and additional cots in the room. The rooms were big and tastefully done, ours were garden facing. One may also opt for Sea view rooms however they are still quite a walk back from the sea. The Forest Essentials toiletries in the bathroom were a particular highlight for me. Housekeeping was efficient enough and they always inquired about a turn down service and a second cleaning in the evening. It was particularly helpful on days when walked in late from the beach.

The pool was adequate without being huge, I was disappointed to learn that there was no swim up bar in or near the pool. I expected as much from a top Five star resort. We once carried our bottle of wine from the room but the personnel, while allowing us to consume at the poolside, kept asking us to 'cover the bottle'! Other than that little hitch, most of our time around the pool was fun filled.

Food served at the restaurants is definitely worth a try. The breakfast spread is huge and varied although a bit repetitive. While some items were served everyday, others were alternated every other day. The hotel can do with some imagination in this regard although I'm really nitpicking here. For our meals other than the breakfast, it was a bit of hit and miss. Some really flavorful dishes mixed with some very average ones. There were two shacks on the hotel beach that we tried - Joecons and Sun & Moon and both were just strictly OK. I guess for some real Goan flavor, one has to drive up to north like we did most days.

The resort has a bunch of complementary activities for the guests. We tried archery one day and enjoyed it a lot. The kids were particularly enamored by the activity room called Tex-Kids. It has a huge play yard with slides and swings outdoors and an adjoining room for activities like dancing and Disney movies. The water sports are completely outsourced to people called Pele's on the beach who do a very average job of it. We have definitely experienced better in Goa in the past.

Overall, Taj Exotica is a great resort but it does not go that last mile. It won't give you too many reasons to complain but it won't win over your hearts either. Every one from the pick-up driver to the Reception in-charge and housekeeping staff was professional, courteous and efficient with his/her job. But we weren't wowed and felled by their attitude. Maybe I expected the moon from Taj Exotica, but I admit we atleast landed among the stars.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank VineetMalani

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I like the big balcony rooms and the service is fast and good ...and if u want to go to the beach its just 5 minutes walk in fact u can the sound of waves in UR balcony also overall its a value for money

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank berkishu

Reviewed 2 April 2014

One of the best properties in Goa , this resort has it all! Amenities are available for both kids and adults such as biking , TT Etc . It also has a gold course which Is pretty okay although the water sports and the beach cover up for it. The rooms are pretty spacious and cozy and the service is pretty quick. All in all is a classic Taj property.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Had been to this hotel for the first time and was truly amazed at the huge lobby and the warm welcome we received. Had been there with my family. It is a well spread out property and the chess board is simply amazing. The Seafood restaurant is too die for.

Room Tip: Beach Property Here's Where One Should Be
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
TajExoticaGoa, Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel is a delight for travelers like myself. Luxurious offerings and service par excellence. A must, stay if you do not mind shelling out higher rates at this hotel and the service more than compensate for the money spent. We stayed in the pool villa and have never experienced the comfort of having such a gorgeous villa to ourselves. Swim any time you want to, what more could we ask for. Very close to the beach which is clean and very quiet. The restaurants are great too. A must experience!

Room Tip: Upgrade yourself by paying extra to the pool villa.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Elite_traveler_927

Reviewed 30 March 2014

this is a great hotel to take a break from the business of the surrounding area, the beach is clean, and free of people trying to sell you things, helpful staff, clean modern room. excellent experience.

Room Tip: we were not aware that breakfast is only included if you are staying more than 2 days, we were infor...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Taj Exotica Goa in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Benaulim
The Leela Goa
#1 of 3 in Bambolim
Taj Holiday Village Resort & Spa
Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim Beach
The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa

Been to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa? Share your experiences!