“memorable experience”

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Benaulim
Reviewed 19 August 2014

visited Taj Exotica with my family and my 2.5 yr old daughter. Can definitely say one thing that the warmth and care which a person experiences in the Taj hotels are quite unique and different as compared to others... u can see that the warmth is genuine and not a forced gesture.

there was a welcome drink on arrival and a delicious cookie for the little one. We were shown to our room and it was neat and clean. We had taken the garden villa room and it was nice and spacious; the only drawback being that it had a twin bed and not a kingsize one. They joined both the beds together because with the toddler it was very much needed but as one can expect a joined twin bed will not have the same comfort as a double bed!

there were entertainment acts in the main lobby every evening and it was quite nice- a magic show one day, african acrobats another day and a dance another evening... all were worth seeing and well presented. The Tex kids centre also had activities chalked out for the kids everyday though in terms of toddler entertainment i think they can add in a few more things! The play area outside was also quite nice but due to the rains it was quite mucky and could not be used much.

The food was excellent... we tried a different restaurant each of the 3 nights we were there and were not all disappointed by any one... the hara masla paneer starter in the Eugenia coffee shop was outstanding and so was the baklava at the Miguel Arcanjo restaurant. The staff was very attentive and they even provided veg khichdi for the toddler.

The property is quite spread out and while booking rooms just ensure you are close to the main lobby else you end up being cart dependent for going there... the swimming pool was also clean and big and there was also a kiddies pool with a slide. The beach is just 5 mins away from the pool area and it sure is a must see... clear water and clean sand and u can really spend time there or even take a nice leisurely walk.

Toddlers are pampered by everyone and everyday there is a treat for them- my little one was spoiled by presents like a teddy bear on one day, a cushion cover with her name embroidered another day, a doll another time and chocolates and cookies...

there was a problem of ants near the tea-coffee maker area in our room. We told the house keeping about it and they took all measures to rectify it. Also one evening a lizard came in and my little one was petrified and was howling. Upon telling at the reception the manager met us and was quite apologetic.

i would say that the staff there is outstanding.... on the 2nd last day i misplaced my digital camera and did not remember about it till the next day when we were to check out... i immediately called up the front desk and they tried to find it but till we checked out it was not found... the head of security also came and did a room check but no luck... The manager Mr. Siddharth Jain was so kind that he told his staff to take a few pictures of us from their digital camera and he mailed it to us so that at least we would have memories of our trip... real sweet gesture on their part...

that was not all... on the way to the airport i received a call from the security head and he said that they had found my camera... he also went on to say that after getting the boarding pass please wait and do not do security check because they were immediately sending someone in another car to the airport to hand over my camera to me... what can i say... i was overjoyed and overwhelmed at the extent to which Taj extends their hospitality and care... within a short time the lady who had welcomed us at our arrival on the airport came and handed over the camera to me... wow i was thankful beyond words because more than the value of the camera it is the memories of my trip which i got back :)

overall a very pleasant and memorable stay and u feel so welcome and the entire staff right from the cart drivers to the waiters to the house keeping staff are so polite and courteous and well mannered that u feel like re-visiting it again and again. Thank u Mr Siddharth for all the warm gestures and care, it was a pleasure staying at Taj Exotica.

Room Tip: garden villa rooms mostly have twin beds.. if u are traveling as a family ensure u get a room with a...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank rachuqt
TajExoticaGoa, Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Taj Exotica Goa and for your feedback. I am glad to note you enjoyed your stay and all the facilities at the resort and our associates delighted you by finding and delivering your camera to the airport.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Taj Exotica Goa in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,259)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

between our sojourns in new delhi in the leela palace and taj mahal palace in mumbai- we spent 4 days in taj exotica and had such a wonderful stay. with completely another charm and another luxury touch that is without too much pomp or opulence of another two hotels, but with great elegance and not less beautiful- we could relax, indulge into wonderful world of yoga and ayurveda treatments in jiva spa- that was somehow even nicer than the same jiva spa in taj mahal palace- due to the exotic and meditative natural environment.
the consultation with the ayurveda doctor prior to the treatment was so competent and helpful and gave us many directions how to continue live and eat in order to preserve our health and stay fit.
we could walk on the beach, we were lucky with the weather, although it was monsoon season, it was mild and sunny. for golfer beginners it is sweet to be able to exercise pitch and putt right outdoors the hotel.
the breakfast choice was superb!
the goan dinner on friday evenings is not to be missed- excellent grill!
even shopping within the hotel proved to be pleasant and versatile.
we were given a specially embroidered pillow case with our names on it- this made us exceptionally happy- thank you for this unforgettable stay in taj exotica in goa!

Room Tip: all rooms have sea view- which is excellent!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Taj Exotica Goa and for your feedback. I am glad to note you enjoyed your stay and all the facilities at the resort specially the ayuvedic spa, yoga sessions and walks on the beach.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is yet another exotic Holiday cum business Hotel of Taj and the villas are quite as yet closer to the beach. Hot Coffee/Tea in E-bikes, best fitness center with Spa and Jacuzzi, courteous team of hosts and it was a memorable experience. Food Was good with varietal spread outs of goan specialities and tongue twisting deserts

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Taj Exotica Goa and for your feedback. I am glad to note you enjoyed your stay and all the facilities at the resort.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Though i have been to many beach Resorts worldwide but never been to any beach destination in india , so after much of planning i selected Taj exotica , as this was my first visit to Goa and i wanted to go to South Goa and i would say Taj exotica surpassed my expectations in terms of Hospitality. It was a family holiday with my wife and son. Everything from pickup at the airport , hotel check in was very precise and quick.The Villa was beautifully done in colonial style. Food was excellent and choice in vegetarian menu (Eugenia) was very tempting . We had booked for 4 days all meals inclusive and every meal on 4 days had some different cuisine and even in buffet the hotel staff was very prompt ( specially Sukhveer ) . Hotel pool is good and big and there all day activities kept my son busy throughout our stay . Everyday hotel had a entertainment program in the evening which was very good . Overall i would say Taj hospitality is great and persuaded me to write such a big review.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank buddy08438

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Its a great experience to be at Taj Exotica Goa.. Good property to spend vacation. Been there during this monsoon and its a great experience. Gud food.. Ambiance is fantastic.. Very calm and cool place..... Not polluted....

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are beautiful as they are sea facing and with good breeze always..
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Vivekanand2013

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had an amazing time at the Taj Exotica. The hotel has a lot to offer families with a lot of activities and great pool options. There was a shallow pool with water slide for young children and a very large pool with volleyball net for everyone. Even the large pool had large areas that were not very deep so young children could even feel comfortable there too.

We took a garden room with plunge pool which was great fun for all the family to splash lounge or float and relax in.

The cycle track with free bike hire was great for exploring the wide expanse of greenery beyond which you could see the beach. The grounds were large enough for a cricket pitch and pitch and putt golf. In addition, table tennis, tennis courts, chess, giant chess, pool tables and archery were also on offer so plenty of activities for all ages.

There was also entertainment on some of the evenings with live music, singing, dancing.

Aside from great restaurants within Taj you also have JoeCons and Cavatina just a 5 - 10min walk from the hotel.

The staff made us very welcome on arrival and as it was my wife's birthday during our stay we had a surprise on the day of the room decorated with balloons, a birthday cake, an edible chocolate photo frame with our welcome picture and cushions with our names embroidered, all complementary.

Room Tip: The plunge pool was great for getting carried away with fun and frolics with the kids.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank tombanerjee

I am glad to note you enjoyed your stay and all the facilities at the resort and that your wife had a memorable birthday during your stay.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We travelled to the hotel with 2 children,a 4 and 1 year old, and we were treated with such care.
We have travelled a fair amount around the world and would rate this hotel up with some of the best.
From the moment we landed in Goa - the airport pick up until we left (late since our flight was delayed) the staff took extra efforts to make sure we were comfortable.
The pool room was lovely.
The food was brilliant. Special mention to the staff, Shailesh and his team who made ensured that my one year old got exactly what she wanted.
This is a holiday that we are going to remember forever.
We want to thank Jabeen, Numrata, Sukhveer, Krishna, Wasim, Synthia, Peter, Dileep, Shailesh and everyone who went out of their way to make our three days there out of this world.

• Stayed: July 2014

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Taj Exotica Goa and for your feedback. I am glad to note you enjoyed your stay and all the facilities at the resort and our associates delighted you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Taj Exotica Goa in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Benaulim
The Leela Goa
Grand Hyatt Goa
Grand Hyatt Goa
#1 of 3 in Bambolim
Caravela Beach Resort

Been to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa? Share your experiences!