We first stayed at this place in 2007 and have come back several times since. The staff have largely remained the same and we have always got a warm welcome when we arrive; lovely people. The rooms are spacious and scrupulously clean but some are maybe a little dated for some tastes - though a recent replacement of mattresses has added hugely to the comfort level - but all have balconies overlooking the large mature garden, which is one of the features of Carina. This garden is where you have breakfast, which is a pretty decent one with eggs, cereal etc. Last time we were there I asked if I could have the same breakfast as the staff, puris and curry, and there was no difficulty about this, though I don't know what they'd say if a lot of people started asking for it.
There is a good sized swimming pool, which is cleaned daily, and we prefer using this to going to the beach. Fortunately most people prefer the beach so the pool is rarely, if ever, crowded. From our experience in India, it is very unusual for a hotel in this price range to have a decent pool.
One of the other reviews referred to the construction site next door - the pool is on that side of the garden - and while it is true that visually this new development has detracted somewhat from the charming appearance of the garden, we didn't find during two two week stays at the hotel at the beginning of this year that our enjoyment of the pool was significantly impaired.
We'll certainly be back there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Being around over two decades, Carina, a family run resort, set in the midst of lush green fields and tall swaying palms, in the village of BENAULIM, SOUTH GOA is an oasis of tranquility and relaxation, where time stands still and still a 8-min walk away from the unspoiled Benaulim beach. With a team of friendly and helpful staff committed to serve you, we are ideal for those on a budgeted holiday since we offer you value for your money. We are sensitive to your taste, your feelings and your preferences. After all we genuinely feel that every guest is very dear to us, not because we are in the hospitality business, but because we believe, this is our heritage. Amidst spacious and beautifully landscaped gardens and fruit orchards, the rooms along with our multi cuisine restaurant and large swimming pool add more spark to our popularity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Carina Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carina Beach Hotel Benaulim
- Carina Beach Resort Goa/Benaulim