“Poor Experience...”
Review of Resort Park Avenue

Resort Park Avenue
Ranked #96 of 116 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We got nice deal via Groupon and since the AC room price is similar to other Hotel's non AC room price. But after seeing the resort we really disappointed. The showed two rooms, one is adjacent to hospital(yes..one of the hotel room is rented out for hospital) and one is near to swimming pool(which means you cant even open the door as always more crowd will be there also we cant stay inside the room because of the smell and heat). The reason for the crowds most of the time there is no power and hotel management didnt arrange any alternative. So all the guests has to stay near by pool as it was very hot inside the rooms. Somehow i managed to stay away from the hotel for most of the time. The worst part is while vacating the room the hotel management checked the room and they found small blue patch int he bed sheet and asked me to pay 350 rs. Actually this is because of few water drops on the bedspread and mattress color mixed with bed color. This shows the quality of the items they had. Even after explaining they were eager to collect the money and i understood that this is another way of indirectly making money. Also there is no arrangement for parking two wheeler. Simply they said they cant help on that. If you plan for two/four wheeler rental then dont think about this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Anto_Step
There are newer reviews for Resort Park Avenue

Reviewed 20 October 2013

hi...folks this was 5th time to goa......we went through groupon...me,my wife and my daughter....when we landed to goa there were calls from azure ,very geniune guy edward who was very helpful...courteuos ,they guided through every point..the way they treated that was kinda i was felling special...the reviews i read earlier are nonsense..resort is in very good location...jst a mins to the beach...market aside....restaurtants everywere......very good trip....lovely exprience

Room Tip: choose rooms which hav view to pool try infantaria restauarant
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank yuvrajj11
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We went via Groupon so we got the rooms at a throwaway price. so out expectations were anyways low though the professional photos of the resort were pretty good.Later we learned that those rooms are only for members and on arrival we were given aver y basic suite. It had an ac and refrigerator and a balcony. we also had to attend a presentation which was basically a brainwash to become members.It took up our precious time(all afternoon) in goa and our lunch.

All in all you have to keep your expectation low if you are going at a discounted rates(Thanks to the travellers photos) but the location is very good and please skip the resort food and go for cafe infataria just 1 min. walk away, its simply awesome!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool and with balcony are a plus!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Aditi1984
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Good day, we went on vacation in goa. I happened to choose club Azure vacations ( park Avenue , Calangute) through Groupon which was discounted. Rooms are good as per a 2 star hotel, location is a bit far from the beach,food service doesnot exist, quality of food is ok.
We where forced to attend a seminar, for which we were not interested. Absolutely rude staff ( Shamina), if you don't attend the seminar then the hotel asks you to pay the regular amount. Even after there is no guarantee that you will not be compelled to attend the seminar which is for approximately 1hr and 30 mins. They had written it onthe voucher, but as we all know noone reads the small things written even on mutual funds documents, and then what if you are on vacation would you read? You feel unsafe as well.Henceforth no Groupon for sure, hotel with a good brand will be chosen.

• Stayed: September 2013
12  Thank ParagBhanu
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Please do not make the mistake to book with them. The rooms are really filthy...so is the loo...and they will not bother to clean it..the blankets stank and they refused to change it on account of not having any washed bed linen......despite repeated requests...Also there's this obnoxious lady from club azure called Shamina Fernandez who will force u to attend a 3 hour long presentation at the end of which they will try to pressurize you to join them....(they take a 3000 deposit and say its for one hour when its three)...this was the only downside of an otherwise wonderful trip..The rooms are nothing like what its like in the pic and dont be fooled by the swimming pool....baga has a lot better places 2 stay in...

Room Tip: Don't stay here or fall for club azure's spoof
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank vyassreenivas
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have been travelling around South India and have stayed in lots of different places. This is by far the worst one I have come across. I checked in at 7am and was told that I needed to pay 800R to stay for 3 hours as I needed to check out at 10am.

The staff were rude and the room looked as if it should be condemned (the only reason I stayed was because I was so tired I could have slept standing up).

Sleep though was impossible here as it was the noisiest place imaginable. The walls are paper thin and it sounds like people are going to wander into your room at any time.

The curtains were hanging off the rails and the sink had a load of rubbish in it.

Even if they offered me a free stay I would never go back there again.

After writing this review I never want to think about the place again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank KateBreed
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I originally booked for two nights but I was having such a great time I stayed for seven. The staff were great and I had lots of laughs with the manager Steven (who insists on you using his name, isn't that right mr manager) and bobby who speaks little English and I'm not really sure what he does but he always smiles. The reception staff were lovely and no request was too much. The only reason I did not give a five is that the rooms could do with a paint. I totally recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo