1. Location --- just two minutes from a beach stretch that's quieter than the disgustingly crowded main Calangute sands. An early morning/evening walk towards Candolim is recommended.
2. Tidy rooms, comfy beds, cosy balconies.
3. Smart, quick and efficient reception. Ms Sabrina handled my last-minute booking with clarity and efficiency rarely seen in even five-star front office staff.
4. A nice family feel to the pretty resort. The pool, though, smallish, is a great hangout place and the dynamo of the hotel. Have a evening drink by it.
1. Mediocre array of breakfast buffet. Needs smart contemporary tweak. And why the hell will you serve chilly chicken and roast chicken at 7.30am? Stick to sausages. I found the uttapam good, but the chutney was tasteless and sambar a sweet onion trash. The pasta my wife had one afternoon was a tasteless sludge doused in cream. My roast chicken that night had decent accompaniments, but the bird was a bit too underdone for Indian tastes. All in all, food is a weak point of this resort. We found that out quickly and had memorable meals at nearby La Fenice, Travel Bar, i95 and A Reverie.
2. Baby cockroaches in the bathroom. I found them on the rim of the pot, on my towel and on the walls. Call pest control asap.
3. The serpentine bylane leading to the resort is menacingly dark at night. The resort should put up halogens at least 100 metres from it.
Terra Paraiso gives everything you will get in a three-star resort. In fact, I have stayed in hotels in the same star category abroad, which had far smaller rooms and more spartan property. Terra’s kitchen pulls it down. It has to spruce up its menu, hire a new chef and infuse zing in its lethargic-looking waiters. Oh, and get rid of the roaches!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our seaside haven which is surrounded by fascinating Goan culture on one side and the blue seas on the other.Resort Terra Paraiso which is a stone throw away from the Beach is a unique boutique resort that welcomes you with everything you need to make your holiday special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Resort Terra Paraiso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort Terra Paraiso Hotel Calangute
- Hotel Terra Paraiso
- Boutique Hotel Terra Paraiso
- Terra Paraiso Hotel
- Resort Terra Paraiso Goa/Calangute