“Very good place to stay...Awesome location”

and 1 more site!
The Golden Nest - Serviced Apartments
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Golden nest hotel is a very good place to stay for the families, excellent place and nice location.
The rooms are quite clean with a lovely balcony. Definitely for the price of the room it's a worthy place!
One problem: The pillows are like a stones!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ignacio E
There are newer reviews for The Golden Nest - Serviced Apartments

Reviewed 4 December 2012

I booked this hotel just because of good reviews on trip advisor but it was a complete disappointment. I can safely say that this is the worst hotel I have ever been in my life. I understand this is a budget hotel and we didnt expect any luxury either but cleanliness and some basic amenities do not cost much.
1) I paid for Deluxe room to realise upon arrival that Deluxe room is just a hoax, its even worse than the standard room. The owner had no clue what I have booked, he just allots based on availability. DO NOT BOOK DELUXE ROOM, you may get the same room by booking standard room
2) The property needs a good maintenance, everything is either broken or out of place.
Cobwebs in the bed backrest, light switches and lights not working, toilet light almost hanging like it can fall anytime, Kitchen is almost like a store room, bed sheets were like you are living in jail
3) But what broke my patience is the condition of blankets. They didnt have the blankets fixed on the bed like other hotels instead they had army style raw blankets without cover in the cupboard. These blankets were as dirty as possible and semen stained.
4) THERE IS NOTHING IN THIS HOTEL AS SERVICE. There is a guy who stays in the chamber called reception from 10 am till 6-7 pm. He is all in all a cleaner, waiter, room service, and house keeping. No professionalism at all
5) For everything you have to call the owner who is some Mr Karanjeet (not Mr Lobo as written in some of the reviews). He is a guy who doesnt believe in customer service. A customer for him is just a way to make some quick money without providing some basic services.
6) Property is approx 2 KMs from Calangunte beach, not a bad location, the rooms are spacious and a good balcony.
7) Book standard rooms and insist on garden facing.
8) I stayed there for 3 nights and thought they can easily provide me a couple of hour delayed check out. To my utter surprise, the owner called me and said if you stay for more than 30 mins beyond check out time of 10.00 you will need to pay half a day rent and can stay till 1600 hrs which means the room will anyway go vacant after I leave!
Until and unless you have no other choice DONT BOOK THIS HOTEL. You can get plenty of alternative hotels with better service at the same price.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
7  Thank Prasenjit B
Reviewed 4 December 2012

We booked through cleartrip. Booking was for 2 rooms for 2 couple before 4 days of our trip to Goa. When we tried to locate the place, the phone given, was not reachable. After asking many people we finally reached the rooms. The rooms was big, but the bedsheets were dirty. Hot water was not available. There is a small kitchen and fridge inside it, but it was dirty and not maintained properly. There is nothing much of service in this apartment. I would suggest you to find any other good accomodation available near calangute.

Room Tip: You can get food from near resturant and its on the anjuna - calangute road.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2012

We visited last year to goa (ie in oct 2011)It was amazing that we got one of the best rooms in goa without any expectation.

We are lucky enough to get the room with garden facing balcony. The guest house was well maintained and we were greeted well by Mr Matias Lobo. Room is near to calangute and bhaaga beach

We are visiting this year as well on dec 08/09 -2012, the rooms are not yet booked in advance.

Hope we would get the same room again..

jithesh

Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2012

It has been a great experience for me and all my friends who stayed at The Golden Nest Apartments in Goa. The hospitality and the location of this hotel was amazing. Whether it was airport transfers or a bike rent..every small thing was taken care of by Mr. Taranjeet (Manager).

Hotel's location was also awesome. A 5 minute walk to calangute and a 5 minute drive from our scooty to baga beach was the best part about The Golden Nest. Other major beaches were also just 4-5 kms away,

Our rooms were BIG.. AC worked perfectly..Rooms were clean and we had a refrigerator to keep our beverages cold ;)
Satellite TV worked perfectly, LCD TV's were good and there were sofa's in the room to relax.

Overall my stay at the Golden Nest was awesome. We rented 2 rooms right next to each other and there was no reason to complain. INR 1200 per day was quiet affordable for such awesome location and BIG AC rooms.

Thanks for making my trip worth.
Raghav Chandra
18th-23rd October

Room Tip: Rooms should be close to Baga and Calangute. Coastal weather requires a AC room..Its a MUST.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We Landed in Calangute beach and the taxi driver took us to a dingy little hotel in Calangute on the beach, we insisted we wanted to see more hotels but the taxi driver took us to 4 other similar hotels in baga beach also, i thought he must be getting something while we were in the taxi i saw golden nest apartments sign, i insisted that the taxi driver stopped and went to the reception, the tariff was only 1200/- rupees per day for a fully furnished apartment with microwave, fridge and TV with a nice sitting arrangement in the room, my children had lots of fun and i also could cook some food for then although basic but great.
The owners are really kind and gave us all we needed so that we could have a memorable holiday, the apartment is clean and neat, and very close about 6 minutes walking to the beach.
we really enjoyed our stay in Golden Nest.
I will definitely come again here in calangute and stay in Hotel Golden Nest

Room Tip: The rooms are Lard and clean ...with a large bathroom, if you need a room facing the back side you g...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ValeryFernandes
Reviewed 26 July 2012

You must stay at this Serviced Apartment fully furnished with fridge, tv, Ac rooms large and very soft bed to sleep on, walking distance to the beach, I have a great stay at this hotel with my family for a month. the owners were really good and gave me great service, the maid who comes for rooms service really treats you like as at home.
this place is really safe and close to the beach, i made many friends out there.

Room Tip: THe room i stayed were garden facing, and i got a 30percent discount as i stayed in Hotel Golden Nes...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family