“SAD is the word! Do not go for your good!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Calangute
Sunshine Beach Resort
Ranked #87 of 116 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We had booked 2 rooms from 15th February Check In and 20th February Check Out. It was horrible and the worst experience I ever had in my life. It was my fault also because even after going through the negative reviews of the fellows here, I still went there. It is also the fault of travel portals like Make My Trip ( through which I booked) or Yatra which are so reputable and people trust these websites and they are promoting hotels like Sunshine Beach Resort (SBR). They should first be doing hygiene and security check of the hotel they are enlisting. The staff tells you on your face to check out and go and talk to Make My Trip.

SBR is not a resort, not a hotel, it is some kind of shady and dingy place. Do they know the meaning of Resort? The rooms were dirty, washrooms were more dirty than rooms, torn bed sheets, holes in mattress, ants, cockroaches, mosquitoes, fused lights, Super Deluxe Room with no TV, 3 inch of dirt across the room, rude staff ( take it or leave it attitude) , sad management, under the bed sheet was a food bill of some restaurant of other guests dated 04th February ( That means the room was not cleaned at all), worst pool, restaurant & rooms managed by two different owners, hence payment of everything on the spot even room service.

I CAN GO ON AND ON AND ON AND IT WILL BE LIKE A ESSAY. I WOULD REQUEST FOR YOUR OWN GOOD, DO NOT GO HERE. ONLY ONE GOOD THING, AMAZING LOCATION, RIGHT ON BAGA AND NEXT TO TITO'S.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
14  Thank NakulThakran

Reviewed 15 January 2012

Firstly this is not a resort and only a cheap small hotel with a small pool. This pool is also most of the time in shade due to the building of the hotel. I stayed there about 4 years back and never suspected of their bad intentions due to its good location. Tourists get trapped with this hotel because of its good location on Baga Beach. When you pay them advance and check in then you realize the mistake you have done. The problem is that the owner and the hotel management have no idea about tourism or hospitality. Their only intention is to cheat tourists who have by mistake booked a room with them. So they behave rudely with tourists and have no intention of providing any service to the tourists. They will not provide you any extra towels, bedsheets or pillows if you request them. I have personally seen the most offensive scene of a waiter throwing water from a glass used by a tourist into the swimming pool and then keeping the used glass as fresh glass on the restaurant table for another tourist. Avoid this hotel if possible for your own sake.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
12  Thank Akashbansal
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We had been to Sunshine Beach Resort on Dec 29 to 1 Jan 2012/
Worst experience we have ever had.
Worst Food - 0/5
Worst Management - 0/5
Worst Service - 0/5
All Worst

Finally cheating customers at its best.

Room Tip: I don't recommend it.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank Vinay18
Reviewed 15 April 2011

I did not managed to stay at this hotel, I was told by the management there is no more room after I transfer money to their account and till now was no news for refund. Please be careful of the transaction for this hotel!!!

Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank WeilekHo
Reviewed 15 April 2011

It was the worst experience i have ever had. First of all i had a good impression for this resort when i did see the pictures on-line, but when i went there, i was so disappointed.
The room i got was very dirty. AC was not working, remote was not provided for television. And there were lots of mosquito. As i have paid full amount for 4 days they were not even listening my complain, and answered me that i have paid to Make my trip so i have to complain there only. So i request every one that please don't choose this resort. There are lots of good resort nearby this location.

Room Tip: The worst resort and No 1 rascal staff in India.
  • Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank divyeshsuratwala
Reviewed 19 January 2011

We had been to Sunshine Beach Resort on 14th to 17th of Jan'11. Firstly the staff has cheated us by giving normal room instaed of giving us the Super Deluxe room. Upon complaining, they told me that, you can move out and check for other hotel. As I was with my family ( a 1 yr old child) I decided to stay there. There was no hot water available. Whenevr we ask for it, they say that there is problem in Gizer. There was also drainage problem. We had to take bath in some other room, instead of our own room. They also push people for sight seen. The staff was beahaving very rudely with all the members of my family including ladies. The facilities were WORST and can not be imagined.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank JigarSoni
Reviewed 19 December 2010

The only good thing about this hotel is its location, very near to Calangute beach. Room quality is poor, swimming pool is not maintained, indoor games is also not maintained. But provided the price for a night stay, its quality can be compromised. I will recommend this hotel to a group of friends want to stay together near a beach.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank bizjuned
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
Hotel Silver Sands Sunshine
Sea Shore Beach Resort
Sea Shore Beach Resort
#42 of 116 in Calangute
The Baga Beach Resort

Been to Sunshine Beach Resort? Share your experiences!