“Best Place to Stay in Goa - Divine!”
Review of Divine Guest House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Calangute
Divine Guest House
Ranked #42 of 110 Hotels in Calangute
Sydney, Australia
“Best Place to Stay in Goa - Divine!”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I have been staying at Divine Guest House for many years - every time I return to Goa. The Fernandez Family are beautiful people and wonderful hosts. The Guest House is always clean and the Family are always there to help out with anything you need. There are various types of rooms to choose from and they are all clean and comfortable, and will suit any budget. The area where the Guest House is is the BEST location in Baga. Close enough to be able to walk to the restaurants, beach and shops - and it is also only a short walk over the hill into Anjuna. The location of the Guest House is very private and quiet - which is great for your holiday. Lots of beautiful trees and green around, it is a very relaxing space to unwind. I have advised many friends to stay at Divine, which they have, and have also loved it very much. Sometimes I have traveled with friends, other times on my own. It is always a safe, clean and comfortable place to stay. Highly recommended Guest House to stay in Baga, Goa.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Mikela108
divinehome, Owner at Divine Guest House, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Dear Mikela,

Thank you for being our guest every time you visit Goa, its always been a pleasure to have you and are most welcome anytime. Thank you for the review on our property which I am sure will assist many travelers around the world to make their decision on their stay in the area. We wish you all the best and God bless.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Genoa, Italy
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I had in Divine Guest House some of the best holydays in my life.I hope coming in Divine a e lot of times.Annie Raymond and son and daughters are vero good family.DGH is vero nice place in tropicale gardens ,clean confortable friendly site.Good sleep and very fashionable open space fior relax.Ver good for some relax days in peace with yourselves.Religious spirituals peoples.Beautiful .

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lorenzo60470
divinehome, Owner at Divine Guest House, responded to this review, 16 March 2013
Dear Lorenzo,

Thank you for your review on the Divine guest house, Yes of course..its been wonderful to have you as guests every time you stay with us.... We would definitely want to have you back on your next stay with us ...Thank you for appreciating us at all times. All the best and God bless.
North Yorkshire
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Gill & I enjoyed our month long stay at Divine. I have just read through the one negative review it has received and I'm amazed - how could anyone say they were treat with rudeness (unless perhaps they were less than polite themselves?) - Nancy and her family were most welcoming and helpful and best of all they introduced us to beautiful Rose Tea and even gave us a bag each to take home when our holiday ended! The location is truly divine and the bird watching from the roof, especially in the early morning, is fantastic - a real birder's paradise.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank KarenSNorthYorkshire
Dear Karen,

We are so happy to know that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed watching the birds from the balcony. Yes, we remember the rose tea, glad to know that you and Gill loved it and hope you have some left. Thank you for being our guests for a month and we hope to have you back in the future, thanks very much for the review on us and am sure it would help many guests who are planning their stay in the area. Wish you and Gill all the best and God bless
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 6 March 2013

They keep the property impeccable, unlike some other budget hotels/guest houses. Our room was very well kept and had everything that we needed. Nice bed, hot water, cupboards. Felt like home, the best part is it is near to the most happening beach baga(5 mins walk) yet very peaceful and sweet. Divine by name and most certainly divine in truth. The family is very warm and friendly, Nancy was sheer perfection in advising where to go and hang out. It was pleasure meeting Nancy and staying at the guest house. I would love to stay here again.

Cheers!
Richa

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Richa B
divinehome, Owner at Divine Guest House, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Dear Richa,

It was great to see your review on us and thank you for your appreciation towards the room ad the service you received. We were happy to have you both as guests with us and look forward to have you back in the future. We wish you all the best and God bless
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 19 February 2013

On my first trip to India i was flying into Goa, the passenger next to me asked me if i had a place to stay, i said, No. She said, i'll take you to a place i think you'll like. She brought me to Divine Guest house. Needless, to say. I loved it and have been coming here every year for the past 10 years. I have traveled somewhat extensively in India. Only here at Divine is where i feel safe and at Home. The family is incredibly warm and down to earth. The rooms are VERY CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE. The Fernandes family embraced me and made me feel like a family member and i am humbled by their openness and warmth. Here at Divine the courtyard is walled by trees and plants that Annie ( one of the owners) so lovely care for. Animals, are everywhere. There's not much more i can say. If you're traveling and need a safe, CLEAN and comfortable place to stay, i highly recommend The Divine Guest House and pass that on to your friends.

Room Tip: I stay on the ground floor, but those that stay on a regular basis prefer the top area.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank 624Sharon
divinehome, Owner at Divine Guest House, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Dear Sharon,

Thank you for your review on us, its been really touching that you have written your personal review on how you really feel staying with us. I am sure this will further assist many guests to experience a homely touch. God bless you
Portimao, Portugal
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I felt in paradise ..the way i was received by Nancy and Annie. All family very kind and alwyas ready to serve.
Annie she is an incredible helpfull and hard worker lady that i had the pleasure to met.
The awakening in Divine was a therapy for me.
And I will never forget the way that they treat the animals....always on top.
GANDHI quote: The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated.
Definitely i will return..A place like home. Thank you Nancy, Annie and all family
Bless you*
Silvia Duarte

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank SilviaDuarte2000
divinehome, Owner at Divine Guest House, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your appreciation towards us. We are happy to know that you felt so Divine at our place. We would be glad to have your stay with us in the future. I am sure your experience would be greatly felt by other readers. God bless you and wish you all the best.
Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed 3 February 2013

From the first time I was in Divine Guest House I felt like Paradise. Annie is like a sister to me the most helpfull and strong little lady I ever met in the whole world. She work hard every day to serve all the guest in her place and clean so all the rooms are shinny. She look after her garden and it is so beautiful and the way she treat her dogs and cats, make you dream to be a little cat there. Raymond drive you on his scooter to the posthouse if you need and both the children of the house will do what ever to help you. In a way I am afraid to talk so much about the place because I would be afraid if I could not get a room there when I need it ha ha. I come back year after year, it is my second home. I would like to end my life there. I always have the same room the smallest, but I love it. And I love when Annie make me special food and when we have our talk late in the evenings, when Annie take a rest and sit down. Last year I stayded for 2 1/2 month
Love Susanne Denmark

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank langesus52
divinehome, Owner at Divine Guest House, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Dear Susanne,

Thank you so much for appreciating us all so very much, you are most welcome to Goa and stay with us at any time, only thing is please book in advance for your room.. I am sure travelers would find this review so personal and it means alot to us. God bless you always and keep you in good health is what we pray. Hope to have you soon with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
Baga Yotel
#12 of 206 in Calangute
Little India Beach Cottages
Little India Beach Cottages
#3 of 226 in Calangute

Been to Divine Guest House? Share your experiences!