“Best leisure hotel I have stayed in India”
Review of 10 Calangute

10 Calangute
Ranked #32 of 125 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed 1 February 2011

It was an outstanding experience staying in this hotel.Rooms are really really big, with comfortable bed and great furniture to match it with.Big washroom, bathtub, shower area made my stay really pleasant.It is a great place for a leisure visit with family.I appreciate Mr Subhankar Majumdar and his staff for the nice hospitality they have offered us.The hotel is exactly the same as it is potrayed in the picture and in their website.Just 5 mins walk from the beach, in between candolim and calangute makes it a quite place to stay.Those who need a quite place to stay, away from late night party noises on beach and , do not want noisy environment, I strongly recommend this hotel.Complimentary breakfast was nice, and the hotel also has a small rooftop swimming pool.Complimentary airport drop was much appreciated.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 January 2011

I was there in Dec 2010 for my honeymoon. Rooms are good no doubt but....this is not the only thing you should look for in a Hotel. Basic amenities does matter a lot.

1> Their all the staff was a trainee with no knowledge of customer service.
2> They spoiled my candle light dinner. They will offer you cold drink first and then soup. While serving the dinner they assume lot many thing and will surely spoil your mood.
3> They really do not understand what does honeymoon mean.
4> Room cleaning boy don't know how to clean a room.
5> I had to remind the hotel manager every day to provide me darjeeling tea bag instead of lemon tea bag.
6> They do not provide any room service before 0800 hrs. It was ridiculous.

My mistake was I choose this hotel based on the room pictures only. However my friends had suggested me to stay in "Whispering Palms" but it was my bad luck.

This is my request to all who are planning to go to Goa, please keep this hotel OUT from your list.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 007rajatg
Reviewed 5 December 2010

We had stayed at 10 Calangute starting 29Nov to 01st Dec'10.We had taken a superior room with terrace.the ambience,amenities of the room were excellent.Cosy and comfortable for couples.The terrace adjoining the room had sun beds to enjoy some relaxing moments.The service of staff were excellent.Shubhamkar the hotel manager and his team had ensured that we had a comfortable stay at their hotel.Thanks to their wonderful team, we really enjoyed our stay out there.The food was wholesome and very tasty.The hotel being a 3 star category hotel, offered great value for money by providing 5 star amenties in their room- the terrace room which we stayed.

All in all a pleasant stay, and definately we would like to come back again to experience the same great hospitality.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2010

I and my wife were planning for an vacation,and we were searching for an good Hotels in Goa,and we found one and it was 10 Calangute they offerred me a good package,The rooms are clean and spacious. The food option is limited on the menu however they are gracious enough to accomidate your request...The swimming pool was under renovation which was a let down. The staff is very cooperative and helpful.. they even arrnged a lovely cake sharp at 12:00 for my wife's b'day...By enlarge i througly enjoyed my stay here n it vl be the only choice for accomidation when i visit again....

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Hotel : Good, spacious rooms but hotel does not have proper swimming pool and no compound with garden. I thought I was a little overcharged by the Hotel (considering value for money). The building was right on the road and rates for packages charged were equivalent to 4-5 star hotels.
Rooms : Large rooms with LCD TV and terrace, but we felt low lighting, less air-conditioning, proper maintenance required. Bathroom bathing area - no shelf to keep soap and shampoo - handshower of WC was not working.
Service : Hassles started on booking and although Manager - Shubankar Majumdar was very reliable and helpful, I still have to get refund of Rs.2532/- which was charged additional on my card. Hotel has written and given me on the bill and Subhankar was trying to give me refund on my card but now, he seems to have given up. Now, he is not even reverting on mails nor taking my calls. I told him to simply write a cheque to me but to no avail. I request the hotel mamangement reading this review to contact me on [--] or on [--] to sort this out.
Sightseeing - Water sports on Sinquerim beach are very costly - always go on Baga or Calangute. We were duped by the taxi driver which we had hired. Beware!!!
On the whole, although we enjoyed, the trip was a letdown in terms of value for money.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank KarimiMantri
Reviewed 10 July 2010

Having read varied reviews of this hotel, we decided to take the plunge and see for ourselves. My family and I were unanimous in our verdict. The rooms at 10, Calangute are to die for and would put many a 4-starred hotel to shame. We opted for a terrace room and frankly its the only way to go. The attached terrace has a couple of sun beds and a small table for two - a perfect breakfast setting, which is complimentary and can be served in your room. I would have attached a few pictures to this review but that would be a waste of time. You can see for yourselves in the website what the rooms look like; its no photo-trickery!

The room-service was very prompt and the staff are quite courteous and friendly. The quality of food is also quite good and reasonably priced compared to some other eateries in the neighborhood. The hotel was half-full when we had checked in and yet the food was delivered in record time.

The manager had informed us at the time of checking in that there would be a live jazz band and a giant screen TV playing the football semis. Since I am a fan of both, I didn't mind it one bit. However, if you are averse to loud noise coming into your room owing to similar festivities, please note that the rooms are quite close to the main lobby and hence do not offer any kind of sound-proofing from loud music etc. These are only under special circumstances, but generally the rooms are very silent. I disagree with some other reviews that the sound from the roads keeps coming in. Hardly the case.

The washroom was also very spacious and modern. A shower cubicle, a bath tub with jacuzzi and very high-quality toiletries are included.

Now lets get down to the minuses. There are very few other amenities in this hotel. Except for the grandeur of the room, its not what fits a general description of a hotel. I would suggest it be called a serviced apartment and it then, wouldn't disappoint anyone who comes in with expectations of a big hotel. The swimming pool is good enough for three or four people at maximum, but I have to admit, my son enjoyed the pool simply because of its size. Location-wise, its in a very good area away from the bustle that is Calangute. However, its not isolated from civilization as well. In fact, right below the hotel one can find a few shops and a fast-food joint, a supermarket and so on.

On the whole, I would recommend this "service apartment" to anyone who is on the look-out for a very classy room at affordable price and in close proximity to the happening spots and beaches.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank backpackboy78
Reviewed 6 July 2010

Overall Experience at hotel was average. Hotel for being a 3 star rating has a long way to go. Though the staff was courteous, they can still do better. Room was big but air conditioner was terrible, you cant increase temprature beyond 22'c. Room ambience needs improvement, fan in the room kept making sounds whole night. Swimming pool is for kids only & dinner can only ordered till 10.30pm only.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple