“Peninsula - Not worth money”

Stay Simple Peninsula Beach Resort
Ranked #39 of 113 Hotels in Calangute
Pune, India
“Peninsula - Not worth money”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I had my trip to Goa in feb 2014. Rooms were not clean, Breakfast is awful (found flies in juice), TV was not working. Bath rooms were not up to mark. Hot water was not available. Very expensive resort and no meaningful service. Room phone also was not working properly and was giving very annoying sound. This hotel I booked since no option were left at the last moment bookings.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
9 Thank KS_Trip2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The title of my review is purely based on my experience from our recent stay at this place. Others might have had better experiences but I had a terrible one!
We were booked at this hotel by makemytrip as a substitute since the hotel we had booked was unavailable. As a result we were not left with much choice. But the experience we had staying here killed the fun of our Goa trip. The hotel is situated bang opposite to Calangute Mall on Candolim road. Calangute junction and the beach is a good 2-3 kms away. So, any traveller expecting proximity to Calangute should be aware of this fact. Not much of a hassle if you have rented a vehicle though. The most irritating problem we faced during our stay was power cuts. We could've still lived with that but the power connectivity had a major fault on the 2nd floor of the hotel where we were staying. As a result, whenever they were turning the generator on or the power supply was resuming, the whole building except the 2nd floor was getting power. We had to repeatedly inform the reception desk about the problem by personally walking down two floors since the intercom phones were also not working! The worst part is that the management also didn't seem to care about the troubles guests were facing! I feel that's a terrible thing to see at a Hotel! The breakfast spread was also hardly a 'spread'. They used to serve just one item per day apart from the usual bread toast with butter and jam. We got to see Puri Bhaji and Idlis being served on the two days we stayed there. Needless to mention, both were pathetic!
Rooms were kind of acceptable, bathrooms were also neat. Sleep quality was bad due to the power cuts. I didn't even get a matchbox when I asked for it and all they had to say was 'we don't keep matchboxes'!
My strong suggestion would be to DEFINITELY avoid this place unless you are not left with any better option or someone else is paying for your stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank abhijeetkol

Travellers are raving about these Calangute hotels

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 12 March 2014

i booked for a delight room here. but they have provided comfort room just by show casing it as delight room. service is bad. manager also not helpful. i cannot rate for food. it is too worst. you can choose this if no hotel in Goa is available.

Room Tip: yourself check the rooms before check-in. opt for pool side rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I would highly recommend this place as a budget option. Low on price & high on value. Excellent location - just a few minutes walk from Calangute beach (not the main one which is crowded & dirty). Loads of grocery shops, departmental stores & restaurants around. Hotel is ok - there is a decent pool, rooms are good & have a balcony. B'fast options are very limited - bread & butter and one option (puri chana/pav bhaaji etc. which changed daily). Not an expansive spread but decent for b'fast.
One thing which I didn't like was the discrimination between Indian & foreign tourists. The b'fast menu & area is different for both. While for Indian guests they serve only tea & that too in kept in a tumbler, for foreign guests they serve juices, tea & coffee. Although they didn't stop us from taking coffee from that section, but still...
There is decent space to park bike/car in front of the hotel.
Overall good property.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The location is good as the beach is at a 5 min walking distance. The rooms are comfortable but are traditional (not contemporary). The best thing about the hotel is the courtesy extended by the staff (right from the welcome drink). It starts right from the manager Mr. Gurudatt who sets an example for others.

I was not very fortunate with my room as the A/C was making more sound than cooling. The TV had less channels than other rooms (I was missing out on my favorite channels).

The restaurant did not have much choice for vegans like me. The breakfast consisted of just bread and one item like Uthappa. Fruit juice was missing on one day and was available the other day. Coffee/Tea was available.

The items for lunch and dinner were limited and too spicy. If you are used to Bed Tea/Coffee you can not get before 7.15 AM. My room was very noisy in the night.

During our stay, most of the rooms were occupied by the students from another state and there was hardly any space available at the lobby.

WiFi Internet was available in the lobby area only (which was very crowded).

It appears that Hot Water for shower is through Solar Heater. With the cloudy weather in the morning, I could not get the pleasure of taking a hot shower.

Room Tip: If you plan to spend more time in the room, check A/C, Room Furnishing, WiFi, TV Channels, Hot Water...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I visited the resort recently along with my family. The service provided to us was great along with the rooms which were quite comfortable.the beach is just two minutes walk away from the main gate. The staff is vry friendly. Its an ideal place to spend ur holidays in goa may it be with ur family or friends. Overall I enjoyed my 3 days 4 night stay and am hoping to visit again in the month of oct along with my friends. And I'l also recomend my collegue and my friends to visit this resort.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Sayyeed123
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 6 September 2013

we have been to peninsula beach resort in Aug 13 Goa .the rooms ,Service was excellent which we near excepted, it is under new manangement. Rooms are suprb with 8 " Spring mattress ,Duvet in rooms spotless clean .
which was great normaly Goa 3 star resort dont have . 200mtr from beach.One thing i must Say food is Excellent it made is eat in hotel itself for our 4 days stay.
Resort have very very good team with excellent Manangement.

keep itup we will back soon with more couples ,
Thanks for making our Holiday Momorable

Room Tip: pool side rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank FIREFERNANDES
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
Horizon
#11 of 24 in Baga
Kingstork Beach Resort
Kingstork Beach Resort
#17 of 113 in Calangute

Been to Stay Simple Peninsula Beach Resort? Share your experiences!