We spent 2 weeks here and the entire experience was good except for a few instances. Let me just put it down in point form so it will be easier to read.
1. The Room Service and the Food was very good, indeed.
2. The Gym was decent and is largely unused by guests.
3. The K Spa is very professional and offers excellent spa treatments that are real value for money.
4. The Staff are very cordial, polite and helpful.
5. The Grocery Store on site offers a plethora of goodies from alcohol to chocolates to kitchen supplies.
6. We stayed in a 2 room apartment and it was very clean and well appointed with a Fridge, Cooking Facilities and an Iron including a Tv, Air Con and a Balcony.
1.They have WiFi, which is a good thing. Even better it is free. What is not good is that there were numerous power cuts due to rain and hence the WiFi does not work. All of this is bearable if not for the fact that you are working while on holiday.
2. The Poco Loco Restaurant was being refurbished and the eating area has been relocated near the loo. Disgusting.
3. The Swimming Pool looked good except for the fact that most of the guests from within India were jumping into the pool with their clothes on and were rather unruly. No one bothered telling them either.
4. The surrounding area of the resort (outside) was unkempt, dirty, smelly and bland. It was exacerbated by the fact that it was the rainy season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Karma Royal Monterio, located adjacent to the Arpora river close to the very popular beaches of Baga and Calangute, is ideally suited for those looking for lively party and entertainment venues all within easy reach of the resort. Located on the slopes of an undulating hillside, facilities include two swimming pools, the "Kapriz Restaurant with fusion cuisine, 24 hours reception, evening entertainment, gymnasium, game room, convenience store and excursion desk. Excursions and activities include river cruises, dolphin watching, beach and watersports, trips and excursions. As the resort is on a hillside, it is not recommended for handicapped guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Karma Royal Monterio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Goan Beach Club At Monterio Hotel Bardez
- Karma Royal Monterio Goa/Calangute