This resort which is part of the Royal Goan Beach Resort (RGBC) chain is its only property in North Goa on the Arpora-Baga road within a short distance of the Baga beach and its many attractions.
Build on a hillside, the rooms are scattered over several 5 storied apartment blocks with progressively better views as one goes up. However the steepness of the slope might prove a detractor to senior citizens while the resort provides car lift and drop over the short ride.The apartments are spacious and sleep 4 with a handly kitchenette provided . There are views over both sides overlooking the narrow river which flows alongside while the beach is still a little far away. The rooms are cleaned by housekeeping daily although the wear and tear of the well used apartments is apparent.A recently built bridge has made it convenient to commute across to the various eating establishments along the way.
The in-house restaurant Poco Loco serving Mexican and Goan food is acceptable and the resort shop also provides daily consumables at reasonable prices.
There are two pools in the resort which although small are well maintained. The lush vegetation around the resort is pleasant to watch the sun rise and set over,
The staff is friendly and attentive and there is ample parking place for those who choose to come by car, A friendly atmosphere is created as should be in a tourist beach resort of this kind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Karma Royal Monterio, located adjacent to the Arpora river close to the very popular beaches of Baga and Calangute, is ideally suited for those looking for lively party and entertainment venues all within easy reach of the resort. Located on the slopes of an undulating hillside, facilities include two swimming pools, the "Kapriz Restaurant with fusion cuisine, 24 hours reception, evening entertainment, gymnasium, game room, convenience store and excursion desk. Excursions and activities include river cruises, dolphin watching, beach and watersports, trips and excursions. As the resort is on a hillside, it is not recommended for handicapped guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Karma Royal Monterio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Goan Beach Club At Monterio Hotel Bardez
- Karma Royal Monterio Goa/Calangute