“Home away from home”

Cap's Corner
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Goa was our last stop on a 3-week journey through India. We were pleasantly surprised that Cap's Corner was exactly as it appeared on the website. It was charming and our room was clean, no frills - just the way we liked it. The staff were super friendly and helpful. The best thing was the location...the beach just 5min away.....flea markets 2 min away. Melisa Fernanades arranged our snorkelling activity which turned out to be a wonderful day spent with many other tourists on an island deep in the sea. It was such a pity that neither myself of my husband could ride scooter so we missed out...I am definitely taking lessons as for my next trip to Goa I want to explore on a bike. I loved this little place called Cap's Corner...it was different from other hotels...and was definitely a "home away from home".

Room Tip: Get a room on the 2nd or 3rd floors....the view is better and A/C units are less noisy.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Capscorner, Guest Relations Manager at Cap's Corner, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Hi Aynie!. Delighted to read your encouraging quick review . Thanks for taking the time to share your holiday experience on trip advisor. Sincerely look forward to be at your service once again, in the near future!.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I was travelling on my own and was immediately made to feel so welcome at Cap's Corner. The staff are ace, all of them. From tips on the menu to where to go. You'll be able to access just about anything, the beach, shops, clubs, everything generally. The room was clean and I had no problems. They even helped me change up some money and I got a great rate. When I go back to Goa I will be going back home ;P

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Capscorner, Guest Relations Manager at Cap's Corner, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Hi Nirmal!.

We were pleasantly surprised to see your kind review. Thank you so much for the same. We're all glad you had a good time at Cap's Corner & we're looking forward to welcoming you home for some more good times. Until then, all the very best to you!.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 23 February 2014

It was beyond my expectations as I had travelled around Goa staying in all sorts of places. They went out of the way to help me out. Service is good, clean rooms with super staff! Very close to the beach. A big thank you to Clayton for making things easy for me. Complimentary breakfast served on the roof top restaurant was a charm indeed. Had a great time at Cap’s Corner.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Capscorner, Guest Relations Manager at Cap's Corner, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Hi Mr.Andrade!.

Thanks for precious review & for giving us a chance to serve you. Pleased to know that you had a good time at Cap's Corner. Thanks for taking time to share your holiday experience on trip advisor. We hope to welcome you home again in the near future.
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I had a wonderful time with my friends during my stay in Cap's Corner. Upon reaching the hotel we were greeted by flowers by Melisa Fernanades and her team.
it was clean, quaint, no frills, just the way we liked it. the location is perfect as Baga, Calangute and Anjuna Beach is literally 5 min away and easy access to flea markets just down the road. or i can just simply say its at aswm location from everywhere. Affordable Service is great. Free refrigerator facility at no extra cost. On rent Bikes and taxi rides all were easily arranged by management. Even hospitality rocked throughout as Ewong and Chandra (if I remember their name correctly) welcomed us on the roof and served us amazing breakfast and dinner. the preparation of food was really great and unforgettable. And at last day while we were returning to go back they arranged that also ( Kumar, their driver was on time and comfortably drove the car from the hotel to bus stand.)

I loved this place & I would highly recommend this hotel as it offers great value for money, nice hospitality and the whole team at Cap's Corner is really very charming and helpful..

Room Tip: i think ground floor room was aswm.. near to Reception as well.
Hi Priya!.
Thanks for your precious review & for giving us a chance to serve you all. Pleased to know that you had a good time with your friends at Cap's Corner. Thanks for taking time to share your holiday experience on trip advisor. We hope to welcome you home again in the near future.
Reviewed 21 February 2014

had a wonderful time during my stay in caps corner. the best part is that it is located centrally and hence access to the beaches and markets are very easy. my overall experience was great. room were clean. services were excellent.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Capscorner, Guest Relations Manager at Cap's Corner, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Hi Nitha!.

Thank you for your quick & crisp review. We are all glad you had a good time at Cap's Corner. We hope to welcome you home again sometimes in future. Till than thanks a lot & best of luck!.
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Awesome experience.nice interior.The staff is very helping and kind.The food is very tasty.They make your stay perfect. The facilities they provide is top class.The location is very nice. you will find everything at your doorstep.

Hi Akanksha!.

Thank you , for your kind review ! We were happy to have you and your friends stay with us. We hope to welcome you home again in future. Thanks again, good luck!.
Tinsukia, India
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I came to know about Caps Corner trough its high ratings on TripAdvisor. I booked it through ibibo and hence got a 25% discount. Overall the guesthouse is a nice and cozy place.
Pros:
Affordable
Service is great.
Free refrigerator facility at no extra cost
Its distance from Baga, Calangute and Anjuna Beach

Cons:
The bathroom has less space (but will do for most)
The metallic twin bed (i personally prefer wooden beds anyday)

Overall a cool place for a weekend hangout and even if you wanna stay for long

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Capscorner, Guest Relations Manager at Cap's Corner, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Hi Shashank,

Thanks for choosing Cap's Corner & for giving us a chance to serve you. Pleased to know that you and your wife had a good time at Cap's Corner. Thanks for taking time to share your holiday experience on trip advisor. We hope to welcome you home again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
The Baga Beach Resort
#3 of 231 in Calangute
Casa De Goa Boutique Resort
Casa De Goa Boutique Resort
#3 of 113 in Calangute

Been to Cap's Corner? Share your experiences!