“Above Average”

Ranked #44 of 110 Hotels in Calangute
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Usa
“Above Average”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Good little room enough for a couple, unless you have a heavy luggage. Only negative is that the check-in time mentioned is 11 Am in the order confirmation receipt but they said its 1 PM after arrival and kept us waiting. Everything else went fine. Nice break fast. No specific parking space is available for cars and only 3-4 cars can be parked at a time.

1 Thank Gopal A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Bengaluru, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I had booked for 3 days at this place almost a month back through clear trip and had a confirmation from them. But when we land there, the hotel first says that there was no booking on my name.. later when I had someone from Cleartrip call them, they said that there was some confusion with the dates and hence they will have to shift us to an alternate hotel for two days and then come back to Tangerine for the last one day. I had no choice but opt for it as it was the peak time in Goa and would not be easy for me to look for an alternate accommodation all by myself. Had driven down to Goa and I always do. But this place has no proper parking space too. Have to always juggle around and follow up to get a place and most of the times of the main road with traffic moving. The last was when we moved back to this hotel, we were upgraded to suite which was huge... but in pathetic condition... the bath room was in pathetis condition and looked soiled and dirty..... The only good thing that I could see was in the form of a staff member named Atlaf who was trying empathize and help us through out this ordeal .. I There are better places in Goa... try them.... I travel to Goa at least twice a year over the last 5 years... but this has been the worst ever experience.......

Room Tip: Dont stay here is all i can say!!
6 Thank jinu_mathew30

Travellers are raving about these Calangute hotels

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I planned a 3D/2N trip to GOA with makemytrip and every thing well confirmed well in advance. But i have a very bad experience with Tangerine.

1) First day, 1 hr delay for check-in, as the room booked for me was not checked out by the previous day guests. So they arranged accommodation at some other hotel. However that the other hotel is far better than Tangerine in all the aspects.

2) Second day, I had to call the tangerine person thrice to know when he will be coming to pick us up. He appeared after one hour. i was totally frustrated thinking why I have to do all these time wasting things though my trip was confirmed by makemytrip well in advance. After i reach to tangerine, the same thing is repeated. They asked me to wait for half an hour as the guests were not yet checked out. Again this kind of response increased my frustration and added fuel to the fire.

3) After checking in to the so called Royal room they say, the room was quite spacious and because of small A/C machine it could not chill the room. Also, the sofas were dirty and i had to ask the Room service to keep blankets there. No tissues/ napkins in toilets. Face wash gel stinks. No proper hot water.

4) one positive thing i should appreciate, a special room decoration for my wife's b'day celebs. It was good and reached my expectations.

Overall all I never ever recommend tangerine to any one

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mohanb4u1
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in Nov'13. I had booked the Elite room, we arrived late in the evening, on arrival we were told we will be put in the Royal room for the night and shifted to Valentine room for the remaining two nights. The welcome drink was good. Though I don't like the idea of shifting once I have unpacked an upgrade is always welcome. The Royal room turned out to be the twin room with 2 beds, it was huge. The bathroom was disappointing, it needed some repair and painting, the shower head should be replaced, the size was fairly decent. The next morning we packed and left for chilling in Goa. The staff shifted our bags later and in the evening we moved straight into Valentine room. I really liked the room, the room was spacious, the decor good, the four pillar bed comfortable. The bathroom needed few minor repairs. This room is by the main street so expect some traffic noise to filter into the room but nothing major. But for light sleepers it could be disturbing. The royal room is better in that respect.
The buffet breakfast was disappointing to say the least. Though it was included in our room tariff I preferred eating out at the restaurants outside, plenty of choices. The staff is polite and pleasant to talk to, the service is good too. One has to rent a scooter to get to places from this hotel, 5-10 mins scooter ride will get you to most of the famous spots. I would give this hotel 3.5 stars for the spacious rooms and staff, the toiletries were good, the bathrooms and breakfast were disappointing. We did not use the pool. It looked clean, the size was ok, nothing spectacular.

Room Tip: The rooms by the main street are not for light sleepers as some amount of traffic noise filters in...
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Very good hotel to stay, we stayed 2 nights on 17 Nov & 18 Nov 13, with family (we checked in on 16 Nov 13 & Checked out on 19 Nov 13). The rooms provided to us , swimming pool and surrounding areas found clean, well maintained. The staff and the owner of the resort was very co-operative. Foods served was also really tasty. It is closer to Calangute beach and Baga Beach (20-22 minutes walking distance/ Rs.5/- for bus fare).

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms facing swimming pools
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Mackay, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Not a very pleasant stay is all I could say! We stayed as a group of four girls who were meeting up in Goa as a reunion. Picked up the place off Trip advisor and regret it!

Hardly any positives to boast about! It’s not exactly on the beach but on a busy main road. Plenty of logistic problems – no towels, toilet rolls, no extra beds as ordered in advance, several reminder calls to reception which was manned by unprofessional locals or janitors. Forget about the pool as it was constantly lived in by what looked like the friends’ of the owner of this hotel. Not at all a good idea to take a dip with ogling eyes set on ya! Cold breakfast which was nothing to write about.

Our worst nightmare was asking the reception to book as a cab or private hire vehicle to go clubbing. After some dilly dallying the young man advised that a cab was arranged only to find out that it was actually one of the lads themselves who were earlier hanging around the reception/pool area who was driving! Apart from the obvious reason that he got free entry into the club and was trying to get close to our friend in a wrong way, he was heavily drunk and possibly high when he drove the car back to the hotel. It was a nightmarish experience. One that almost spoiled our reunion. Only the presence of the partners of one of the girls perhaps set these lads right on the last day of our stay.

All in all not a place for girls/women travelling alone and definitely not for singles! Don’t even think of asking for a hire car from the reception.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends