“Comfortable and nice stay”
Review of Citrus Goa

Citrus Goa
Ranked #4 of 116 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We visited Goa around May end ... SInce its off season we booked our tickets just few days before our trip. I normally check tripadvisor reviews before planning my trips and visits and this hotel had received very good reviews.. I should say it was indeed a good stay

Location:
It is just 5 mins walk to Calangute beach from the hotel. The shopping area is also near by. So the location is real good. Baga beach is also close by. The road to Fort Aguada has everything right from KFC to Baskin Robins to Domioes... Just outside the hotel u get bikes and car on rent. Its very easy and convenient

Service:
The service is excellent ... the staff are friendly and helpful... They reassured that everything is proper and any inconvenience were taken care of immediately. The Front office, housekeeping, room service and restaurant staff all are very efficient and friendly. We had carried our 5 month old baby to our trip and sleeping was an issue... we requested Room service staff not to ring bell but instead knock.. They made it a point to knock and come in... Thanks guys

Rooms:
The room was clean and tidy. A breathe of fresh air after a long day out special Thanks to the Housekeeping dept. Good Job... Things were arranged neatly no matter how messed up our room was.

Property:
The property is well maintained. Its neat and clean. Its nice to be surrounded by plants... and cute animal sculptures. Kids are real attracted to them. Swimming pool is the middle so you get view from rooms and restaurant.. I loved the Buddha statue at the entrance too..

Food:
I feel Breakfast menu is just awesome... a wide variety to choose from. Its just mouth watering. I feel you can just have a heavy breakfast and just skip lunch... Its simply delicious.. Dosas, sambhar, pongal, sandwiches, Fresh cut fruits, Moong dal khicidi, Juice, Milkshakes are simply awesome... Morning and at night you get buffet system. The food for Lunch and dinner are also good.. But breakfast is mind blowing...
One request: It would be great if there is consistency in taste. At times we order something as we loved it a lot and next time it tastes different. The food is great just a small note to make it even better.

Overall it was a great experience. Looking forward to coming here again.

Room Tip: Pool view room are good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AartiShankar
ShyamSharma, General Manager at Citrus Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Namaste !!!
Thank you for a review on TripAdvisor.

We are grateful for your patronage, and I am happy to learn that your stay experience was amazing.

Your kind words of appreciation act as a great source of motivation for my team.

There are newer reviews for Citrus Goa

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hospitality standards are excellent. The front office, house keeping, room service and the restaurant staff are all very polite, courteous and always willing to serve with a smile. The room service menu is restricted during the non lunch / dinner timings, though. The buffet breakfast spread and quality are the highlights of the place.

It's a good idea to avail an air package if travelling from Delhi as that really works out very well. They have good airport transfers and sight seeing services.

The pool is small - 3.5 - 4.5 Feet deep. Ideal for families with small kids, though!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Namaste !!!
Thank you for a review on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed here as part of a tour package for 4 nights last month, our package included Bfast & Dinner but I wasn't sure I would have dinner here as we prefer to hit the shacks when in Goa. However, they surprised us with absolutely delicious food that was always served with smile. Chef Sumant was right on the money with all his dishes and the service staff led by Subba made sure that we came back to the hotel every evening for dinner and then went back to the shacks.

The hotel itself has a good location, walking distance from Calangute beach and the rooms are also very decent and neat.

The only area of improvement could be the small size of their restaurant and swimming pool considering that it was a 50+ rooms property. I did point it out to the GM Rahul and he promptly informed me that they were already working on re-doing them in the off-season.

Overall, I will certainly recommend the stay.

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ShyamSharma, General Manager at Citrus Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2017

Namaste !!!

Thank you for the sharing this lovely review about your recent stay at Citrus Goa.

I am happy to learn we turned your stay into a memorable experience and that you enjoyed the quality of service and dedication of our team members.

It is our endeavor to provide our guests the very best and we are glad you recognized our efforts.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We went to Goa in the month of May 2014 and stayed in Citrus Hotel. It was a memorable stay. The Hotel is very good and people are very hospitable. We have earlier stayed in Citrus, Alleppy and we were aware of their hospitabality. It was a good visit to Goa.

Room Tip: All are good

Namaste !!!

I appreciate the feedback you have shared about your experience with us. Such feedback helps us to learn better and improvise on our areas of improvement.

I am absolutely disheartened to learn that you were disappointed with your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and mishaps. Thank you once again for highlighting the shortcomings, rest assured our team has been briefed and we are in the process of adopting serious measures to ensure that no guest is inconvenienced.

My team and I take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.

We hope you give us a chance to serve you better.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have been asked to rewrite my review so would try to tone down it to just what tripadvisor considers is a Utopian scenario.

Security of your belongings is a major concern at this place as the rooms are accessible to hotel staff all the time at their own discretion. I went for dinner in hotel cafe (i wont call it a restaurant) by duly locking my room and was shocked to find my cellphone missing on my return.

Upon looking at video footage I found hotel maintenance staff went in without my permission .

I went to this place for my first wedding anniversary in May 2014 and was disappointed in every sphere . Its not a 4* hotel be it size , services , rooms , amenities or even management.

if you need more details please mail me @ raulsy@gmail.com

12  Thank raulsy

Namaste !!!

We hope you give us a chance to serve you better.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

On 12th may, we were in resto of hotel for dinner and 2 maintenance guys entered without our permission and stole our phone and on seeing this in camera footage, hotel mngmt Sooraj Security Incharge, Eknath, manager and Rahul Dev Mehta denied it and we reported to the police who took the 2 guys to lock up but we didnt get our phone. This hotel is full of goons and law breakers
NEVER GO TO THIS HOTEL, THEY WILL STEAL UR BELONGINGS AND SPOIL YOUR HOLIDAY.
You can contact me for details-9999083479

13  Thank NittiGaba
RahulDMehta, General Manager at Citrus Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Namaste!

It is indeed unfortunate to lose a possession anytime. However it will be improper on our part to label an organisation denigrate without ascertaining the facts.
It was the hotel in fact which was asking for a police inquiry as such an incidence has never occurred in its history, which was agreed by you after a considerable time had passed post the incident. We ourselves have very stringent in house rules and policies which are meticulously implemented and followed.
Moreover we service thousands of clients every year and not one of them has accused us of anything as grave as this. I take immense pride in my team and can assure you that they are incapable of such a dastardly act.

Regards

Rahul Mehta

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I have spent my honeymoon days there.and believe me I have researched a lot about Goa hotels as I was going on honeymoon.service and stay was so comfortable I am a hospitality professional and I really recommend this hotel to you.this hotel is near to calangute beach which I use to walk during night and bikes,taxi is available just outside of hotel.as a couple you should stay at 2 nd floor.food buffet is very nice and food quality is also very good.room amenities is excellent,cleanliness is also good over all very comfortable you should not think twice.just book it

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank umeshranaihm

Namaste !!!
Thank you for an amazing review on TripAdvisor.

Shyam Sharma

Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
ibis Styles Goa Calangute Resort
The Park Calangute Goa
The Park Calangute Goa
#10 of 116 in Calangute
Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa

Been to Citrus Goa? Share your experiences!