+ Price is among the lower ones that we could find on the internet. Can probably find cheaper on indian websites though as we saw many so-so looking hotels and guesthouses everywhere.
+ Fairly close to Calangute beach (10 minutes walk).
+ Baga beach with night clubs etc 20-25 min walk or fairly cheap taxi.
+ The hotel's driver is nice, and can customize trips for you to your liking for decent price.
+ Small but nice pool, with a few beach beds next to it. There was not many people using the pool though, so if you want to lie by the pool, it is probably enough space. With all the nice beaches close by you probably won't use the pool too much though.
- Service is so-so/average if you ask for stuff. But if you don't ask or complain, don't expect any cleaning, towel changes, toilet paper refill or emtying of garbage cans.
- Kind of dirty in the room. Maybe they cleaned the floor and changed sheets, but not much more than that. One supposedly white wall was more like semi-brown, and there were some vague/smaller stains on sofa and bed. Also signs of wear and tear on most stuff in the room.
- Very noisy air condition. Had to turn it off during the night, which caused it to be pretty warm when waking up.
- Balcony door could not be completely closed. Left 2-3cm (~1 inch) opening.
- Bit noisy from the street (probably party because of bad balcony door)
- The extra bed is totally un-usable. Looked like a prison bed or something. Rusty, fixed with tape and the mattress looked like it would fall apart if you touched it.
- Hotel seems to be run by a bunch of teenagers. All the people working there seemed to be male and in the ages of 15-25. Maybe that explains the low priority on cleaning... Also no special outfit or nametags for the hotel staff, as everyone was wearing everyday clothes. It gave kind of a sloppy impression.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Windsor Bay Located on Calangute Baga Rd., Calangute Beach is just 250-300 mtrs.All rooms fully furnished with king size bed, Air condition, 32 inches LCD TV with satellite connection, intercom facility, kettle service, ironing board with iron, hairdryer, safe lockers, Mini fridge & balcony etc. Swimming Pool, Maximum Bar & Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Windsor Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Windsor Bay Goa/Calangute