“Rooms are clean, but AC is mostly not working, Not Value for Money”
Review of Renzo's Inn

Renzo's Inn
Ranked #14 of 110 Hotels in Calangute
Bengaluru, India
“Rooms are clean, but AC is mostly not working, Not Value for Money”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Positives:-
1. Rooms and bathrooms are pretty clean and the room service is OK.(We went in off season do not know how it is in the season)
2. Location is convenient
Negatives:
1) We had a bad experience with this hotel as the air-conditioning was mostly not working during our stay. We noticed that the management deliberately switched the power to inverter/backup mode late in the night when the guests are asleep to save on electricity charges. Now please note, in the inverter mode, only one fan and one light works..No AC, even if you paid for an AC room. I could not sleep properly during my entire stay as it was so hot in the room...:-(. I could not even charge my smartphone battery overnight. When I complained to the manager and he says there was no power, but the truth is there was electricity in ALL the hotels nearby and the streetlights were fully on. I thought what they did was very cheap. I know such things are done in cheap Goa hotels but did not expect it in a hotel that charged close to 2K per night. Bottom line, if a guest paid for an AC room, he/she is entitled to get this facility 24hrs...no excuses please!

So folks if you want to take an air-conditioned room don't assume you will get air-conditioning all the time..! if you need 24hr cool air, stay clear of this hotel...(unless the hotel owner responds with some assurances).
2) There is no elevator, so if you get a room in level 3..get ready for some exercise..
3) No WIFI (though it was mentioned they had one )..again mismatch of what they claim vs provide
3) Service can improve..Not expecting 5 star but some gentle courtesies..

So friends all my reviews are true and reflect the true picture..nothing more and nothing less. I make sure that I get best value for my hard earned money and I am sure you would think so too. Overall, in my personal opinion I don't think this hotel is value for money..there are many hotels that offer better facilities for a lesser price. Hope the review was helpful..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank adventureaba

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed at Renzo's between 15-17 May 2014. The Apartmentesque hotel is tucked away in a quiet and serene road but desolate with occasional foot traffic.Nonetheless, the hotel is strategically placed with 3 of the popular beaches of Goa in strolling distance . A lobby within small confines greets you which is good enough to check-in and check-out half a dozen customers in one go. There is a plunge pool to amuse children and adults to a degree.

The rooms were quite spacious with crystal clean bathrooms , not to mention, round the clock hot water. Their fundamental idea to keep the room, lobby and rest rooms clean gives you absolute value for money. The service just measured up to the standards though the service staff was uninterested at times. When i was just about to pen a grossly positive experience, I had encountered an in-house food bill that was inflated and not akin to their menu card prices. The impression was an intentional mistake which threw away all the gained momentum . Otherwise, the stay was cozy and comfortable. VFM Hotel !

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Road
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank anandrahche
Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed at Renzo's Inn from 22 April to 26 April 2014, The rooms are big, clean and neat. I had selected the hotel depending upon the reviews on trip advisor and was not disappointed at all. Only drawback i feel is that it does not have in house restaurant but that is quite manageable because there are plently of good restaurants. Also the furniture in my room no 204 was old.

3 Thank Rehan B
Vasai, India
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My name is Santosh Kathe. We stayed in this hotel for 4 days from 25th April 2014. We enjoyed a lot. Rooms are clean and neat. Room service is also great. Hotel manager Mr.Sunil is nice person & always helpful. Rates of the rooms are affordable to middle class, best quality in low price. Location of the hotel is very good, it is near by Calungute beach, it takes only 7 to 8 minutes to reach the beach. Swimming pool is small but very well maintained, children can enjoy a lot. Hotel is surrounded by mango, coconut trees, we can enjoy a nature's atmosphere. Rooms are big. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my relatives and friends. In future whenever I will visit Goa, I will stay in this hotel only. Hotel has provided a car for site seeing, driver of the car was also nice person & guided us like his own family

Room Tip: Value for money
2 Thank Santosh K
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was our first visit to Goa and we were a bit apprehensive of what we will get in our budget. But, Renzo's Inn proved us wrong. No doubt it is not on the main road, but that is more of an advantage than disadvantage. The Calangute beach is a 5 mins walk...which you'll love, as it is an altogether different window shopping experience. U will not even realize the distance while you enjoy looking at the riot of colors hanging from shops on your way.

Now, coming to the rooms. We stayed in a deluxe AC room. The room is very spacious, clean and well-lighted. We had a balcony to dry the wet clothes. There is an in-house restro, which serves excellent pasta. There is a vehicle rent shop just beside the hotel and also a small knick-knack store. So, you can get some trinkets or bracelets for yourself as well as some small mementoes for your friends. At the end of the lane, you will find another excellent eating joint - Babute's. And if you're a RUM loyalist, then do not miss their rum based cocktail, Trinidad Punch. If you're interested to dance away your night stay, you'll find advertisements of night parties pinned to a notice board near the entrance.

Altogether, it was a great stay and we wish to stay here again...Thanks to Mr. Renzo and all the staff for making our holiday so comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Meandyou2013
Bangalore
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights and had a very nice experience. It is a budget hotel with nice, clean and big rooms and there is 24 hours hot water supply. There is a small balcony in all the rooms which has a provision for hanging your clothes for drying.They also have an in- house restaurant and a small swimming pool and it is very near to all the beaches(Calangute,Baga,candolim etc). One can also get scooters/bikes/cabs for rent in the same road where the hotel is located. I also found the staff to be very helpful. We were extremely surprised by the service you get for the money you pay.
I would definitely recommend Renzo's Inn to all travelers and i would definitely come back again.
@ Renzo's - Keep Rocking Guys!!!!

Room Tip: Excellent location. All rooms are clean and spacious!!! Go for it!!!!
2 Thank Sriram B
Pune, India
Reviewed 16 April 2014

What can you expect from a hotel which charges reasonably and is located in prime area of Goa??

Well, my expectations were fulfilled by Renzo's inn during my one day stay in this hotel in December 2013.
To start with, this is a no frills attached hotel with all the good amenities for a price which is very reasonable. The rooms are extremely clean. The air conditioner works well, TV is equipped with local cable which shows all channels, mineral water bottles are provided, their in house restaurant serves food as well as breakfast and its not costly either. The bathroom is big and clean, hot water is available all the time which is a big plus.
This hotel is very near to Calangute beach. I guess calangute beach is around 1 km and Baga beach is around 2.5 kms from this hotel. The staff is friendly and they even arranged a cab for us to go to station on the day of our check-out.

No negative remarks here as I was totally satisfied with the quality of room and the hospitality they provided.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple