“A little gem”
Review of Casa Severina

Ranked #11 of 116 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed 29 October 2013

we have just returned from Goa...we wanted to travel around a little but my brother who stayed here in the summer told us to stay the at the Severina for the duration.... 13 nights....best advise he has ever given me...ha ha...we were met by the hotel driver Wasu at the airport...from there on in everything just fell into place....the room was roomy, quiet & well appointed. sheets were very clean and attention to detail was pretty good.

The breakfast was great with a chef cooking your eggs however you wanted them...both English and Indian options were available. we also eat most days in the restaurant as the food was absolutely beautiful....if it wasn't on the menu we just asked and they went out of their way to please us. the manager Mr Johnson would ask if we wanted anything special like fish or crab and the chef would go to market that day and we would eating it later that night. the bar was very relaxed with a flat screen so we could keep up with the sport from around the world and the staff were really really nice all the time.

quite a large pool for the size of the hotel which was never busy.
the hotel sorted out scooter hire which was very competitive and we used the hotel driver on a couple of occasions to drive out for a few hours.

all in all a great place to stay with a really good atmosphere.

only down side was the Wi-Fi was not fantastic in the rooms...but fine in reception

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
CasaSeverinaResort, General Manager at Casa Severina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear Stuart E,

Delighted to read your encouraging comments, have conveyed the same to the entire team of Casa Severina.

Thank you for staying with us; sincerely look forward to be at your service again, in the near future

Calangute- Goa - India

There are newer reviews for Casa Severina

Reviewed 22 October 2013

A very different and nice hotel in Calangute. It looks like a big Portuguese bungalow :). The best part was the quiteness of the hotel as they dont encourage kids. The breakfast spread was nice. I liked the pool too. Property is not on the beach but like 5-7 mins walk. A good value for money hotel. The room was great and so was the bathroom. Liked the bed :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
CasaSeverinaResort, General Manager at Casa Severina, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Alok,

We are delighted to know that you had a good stay at Resort Casa Severina- Goa. Thank you, for taking the time, to review our resort on the TripAdvisor.

Look forward to be at your service once again, in the near future.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed there for four nights (23 to 27 September) with my wife and found it to very nice, clean and comfortable. This was my first Goa trip and I selected the resort on the basis of reviews on trip Advisor and I am happy to say that I am so much impressed that whenever I visit Goa again I will stay in Casa Severina only.

I found the breakfast to be really nice. The menu had several choices and there was always enough for a North Indian Vegetarian foodie like me.

We ordered dinner twice in our room and I found the food reasonably priced.

One thing that I didn't liked was the cost of moneral water bottle (Qua), which was priced Rs. 80. They give two complimentary bottles everyday but 80 rupees for a water bottle is too expensive for Indian tourists in my opinion. There should be an option.

On the site it was mentioned that a fruit basket is kept in the room for all guests on arrival. There was no fruit basket in our room, when I enquired about the same at reception I was told that it is given on certain packages only.

Apart from this I found everything positive about this resort. Beach was very near, only about 5 minutes walking distance. Pool was very clean. Garden was very clean and beautiful. The same thing can be said thing about the restaurant.

Rooms were big in size, very clean and elegantly designed. Also whenever we returned in evening we were plesantly surprised to see beautiful patterns created on bed with towels.

Another thing that we liked the most is the always smiling helpful staff and room service people.

All in all a very good place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in a first floor deluxe room but I think first floor pool facing junior rooms are the best...
Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Ujwal,

Thank you, for taking the time, to write a detailed contentment summary of your stay. Pleased to know that you were impressed and had a memorable stay at resort Casa Severina. We have noted your observations.

Sincerely, look forward to be at your service once again, in the near future.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I had stayed from 26th Sep till 30th Sep in the Junior Suite numbered J2. I am short of words to appreciate the Quality of this place. This place is truly a winner on all fronts. Loved the food + bar + pool + ambience + politeness of staff + location + peace of mind etc. Kudos to Mr. Johnson & team. Our stay could not have been better than this. I would certainly visit again very soon. Thanks again for a lovely stay !!

Room Tip: Select pool facing rooms ~!

Dear Sindhu,

Thanks for taking the time to share your holiday experience at resort Casa Severina on trip advisor; We are honoured with a great review , have conveyed the same to the entire team of Casa Severina.

Sincerely look forward to be at your service once again, in the near future.

Calangute- Goa – India

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Hi all,
Me and my wife stayed for a couple of days in Casa Severina Holiday Resort on 28th Sep 13. Everything was fine till something started to bite all over our body and just wouldn't let us sleep even though we were very tired from all that walking along Goa beaches. Barely 2 hrs into sleep, I got up and found small bed-bugs (Hindi: Khatmal) crawling all over the quilt. Initially I thought it was the mosquitoes. But no. Turned on the light to find them crawling all over the floor too probably hastily making their way to suck our blood!

Anyways, called reception and changed out room midnight to J-1. Poor attendant was equally surprised an later even tried to say it might "just be mosquitoes". I didn't tell him that I had taken photos of bed-bugs.

When I solicited the resort manager next morning, I was told that he is "on leave" today. Yes, very difficult to face an angry customer in such a situation but to not even say sorry to them is gross. I was thinking, "Don't they even fumigate their rooms? Bedbugs don't just come overnight..."

I was so disappointed but didn't show it on my face. I didn't make much hue and cry over the issue since we didn't want to ruin out short first-time stay in Goa. But writing a befitting review is what is important.

Regards,

Room Tip: Will never recommend this resort to my friends!
6  Thank Chandan31

Dear All,

Let it be known that Guest Mr.Chandan stayed at Resort Casa Severina-Goa from 28th September,2013 for two nights. Honestly right from inception till Mr.Chandan stay, at Casa Severina, we had no issue of bed-bugs.

On 28th day of September, 2013 when Mr.Chandan reported to reception, our associate checked his room n0 F-17 thoroughly, did not find/see any bed-bugs/insects but obliged the guest with a room change. After Mr.Chandan’s departure, we had many other guest stayed in room F-17 and currently it is being occupied by one of our long staying guest without any issue.

Dear Mr.Chandan; at Resort Casa Severina, we take utmost care of the guest and the resort in all respect and do not run away from problems. With all due respect, we deny your statement “When I solicited the resort manager next morning, I was told that he is "on leave" today. Yes, very difficult to face an angry customer in such a situation but to not even say sorry to them is gross” as we have second person in command during my absence on Sundays (my weekly off day).

Guest genuine feedback is immensely valuable to us but your feedback, however, apart from being vivid is also devised to malign the resort.

Calangute- Goa - India

Reviewed 9 October 2013

From the moment you go through the gates of the Casa the noise and madness of the main roads slip away and as returning guests you are greeted by Johnson and his team with genuine friendliness.
We were booked in for 8 days in March and this was booked directly with Johnson, the general manager who also arranged a taxi for the airport pickup and the cost was in line with normal prices.
We stayed this time in a deluxe room which was more than big enough and met our needs. We spent our time either by the pool or down at the beach at a friends shack. When round the pool you are left alone and not bothered at all and if you need anything drinks food etc then you just pick up the phone at the side of the pool and call to order up. Food was freshly made and delivered with a smile from the excellent staff. We did also order room service about 3 times in the evening and again the service and food was good.
Johnson the general manager runs an excellent hotel and that fact that the same staff are retained year to year proves that.
My husband had mobility problems following spine operation and all the staff showed a great deal of concern as to his wellbeing each day.
We would definitely return to the Casa and would recommend it to anyone travelling to Calangute.

Room Tip: All rooms are good have stayed in a ground floor near pool and front with larger balcony - both good...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
CasaSeverinaResort, General Manager at Casa Severina, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Madam/Sir,

Pleased to read your encouraging comments and delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay at Resort Casa Severina- Goa; have conveyed the same to the entire team of Casa Severina.

Thank you for staying with us; sincerely look forward to be at your service once again, in the near future

Calangute- Goa - India.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed for 3 nights from Sep 28 to 1st Oct. It is very near to the main road. Just getdown at St.Anthony's chapel and walk inside. Beach is also close by we can't see though.

This hotel small but very clean and prompt service all time. Breakfast is good. 2/4 wheeler can get easily nearby. For vegetarians, there are couple of good hotels within 800 mts. Main beaches and forts are under 12 kms from this hotel, off course by renting a bike. Panjim is just 12kms.
Overall the stay is good in casa severina than visiting dirty beaches. If at all I am visiting again to north goa, I will prefer stay again.

1  Thank srids

Dear Srids,

Look forward to be at your service once again, in the near future.