“My best goa trip ever (17-6-12 to 20-6-12)”

Fahrenheit Hotels and Resorts
Ranked #3 of 110 Hotels in Calangute
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“My best goa trip ever (17-6-12 to 20-6-12)”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

This was my first goa trip with my husband and it was also his birthday gift. To make it more special i was hunting for a really good place to stay. I came across Fahrenheit through a friend and also by trip advisor. I dint book on-line since we were not sure if will be going to goa due to hectic work, my plan was to land in goa and straight head to Fahrenheit Hotel. We saw the indulgence suite and we fell in love. My idea of bday gift was to make my hubby just relax and have a good time. We also checked the cool suite which was also very good. But we went in for indulgence suite. The check in procedure is very easy and the staff is just superb. I had asked to manage a cake at 12 and decorate the room. It was beyond my expectations. They filled the jacuzzi with flowers and decorated with candles. My husband was very happy and me even more to see him so. The staff members needs an applause rite from reception desk to the security guard including the waiters in the restaurant are just perfect. You ask for anything and they make sure you get it on time. The indulgence suite is really big with 2 LCD in bedroom and even in the jacuzzi room with Bose music system. If your are not enough with this, ask for Movie CDs or PS3. They also have decent collection on movies and games. The breakfast was very good with many options of bread, muffins, south indian etc. Also for dinner the food is quite good if you don't feel like stepping out. The beach is connected to the hotel and overall the place is very well made. There is also another beach side restaurant where they serve continental food. If you are willing to stay in a 5star hotel i would suggest no Taj, no Leela...go for Fahrenheit Hotel and you will not be disappointed. Also the good part is location, you step out and walk for 5 mins and you get everything around. Fahrenheit Hotel made my bday gift to my hubby even more special and complete. My husband wants to come back, isnt that a good news!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Mita83
FahrenheitGoa, General Manager at Fahrenheit Hotels and Resorts, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
Dear Guest,

It was indeed a delight to have you both to be part of us during your stay in June 2012 with us in Goa. We at "Fahrenheit Hotels & Resorts" extend our gratitude for your valuable comments which is a welcome endorsement of our Resort’s reputation and quality services.

Located amidst pristine beaches and azure waters, our property offers a visual feast to its patrons and boasts of excellent accommodation, modern amenities, multi-cuisine restaurant and shack that offers plated delicacies with a touch of refined hospitality from our staff. We are delighted to know we managed to meet your expectations and make your stay memorable.

We are ecstatic to have received such a pleasing review from you. Your warm words of appreciation have been conveyed to the entire team, much to their delight.

We look forward to host you again in future and assure you of an equally satisfying stay.

Fahrenheit Goa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Mumbai
Reviewed 21 May 2012

The place is just where you want to be. Despite being bang in the middle of everything, Location of the Hotel is just the perfect privacy. Property is attached to the beach, allowing you free movement at your will without leaving the hotel. They are just the perfect host for your holiday. They make sure you are taken care of. Would i visit again, if it is Goa for me it is at Fahrenheit! Eat in or eat out, everything is just at hand length away.

Room Tip: Take any that suits your pocket, they all are superb!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank phssssst
Dear Guest,

It was indeed a delight to have you both to be part of us during your stay in MAY 2012 with us in Goa. We at "Fahrenheit Hotels & Resorts" extend our gratitude for your valuable comments which is a welcome endorsement of our Resort’s reputation and quality services.

Appreciate your sincere review.

hubli
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I have always had a penchant for trying out new places, Goa is a destination I have covered every year with family and friends...... Have stayed at the best of the reputed 5 stars, I happened to come across Fahrenheit while surfing for a boutique hotel in and around Calangute-Baga-Candolim ....... This was my first Holiday trip with my Family, My daughter is 6 months old and i had to look out for a place where the comfort level was important, My Wife and Daughter needed all the pampering , it also happened to be my Wife's bday so wanted to make it special at the same time. Matty the person whom i got in touch with booked me for a Cool Suite, and then later told me that the Spectacular Suite would be the best, it took me a while to get convinced and en later booked the Spectacular suite, and trust me....... It means what it is named after....... Check in was easy and we were very comfortable with the whole family of Fahrenheit ( I wouldn't call them staff members ) They took care of us like family...... Right from breakfast till dinner...... it was top notch...... I can jus go on writing about the experience ive had, It truly was a special holiday and Fahrenheit made it Extra Special for me and my Family..... Truly a amazing experience and a wonderful holiday ........ An experience you will have if you stay here......... Book your rooms and enjoy the experience....... Great Place, Wonderful People, Great Food, Wonderful Location....... We will come back soon again........ Thanks Fahrenheit!!!!

Room Tip: Go Spectacular if you want the Sea view.......... or Go Indulgence if you want the Jacuzzi........
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank anil d
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your Spectacular Review.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed with wife from 04.04.2012 up to 06.04.2012 in Indulgence Suite. Excellent property, a few lanes away from Titto’s. Has direct access to beach. Andy at the reception was very nice and helpful. Chef prepared a special veg. kebab sampler specially for us, which was very tasty. Dal and Garlic Bread with cheese could have tasted great with little less of garlic! Similarly, sambar could taste better without the sweetness. But, all and all it was great being at the propoer. Uploading a few pictures to give a clearer pricture :-)

Room Tip: Go in for Spectacular Suites (there are only two of them) but, you will get a nice view of the beach...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GS_Quicksilver
Dear Guest,

It was indeed a delight to have you both to be part of us during your stay in April 2012 with us in Goa. We at "Fahrenheit Hotels & Resorts" extend our gratitude for your valuable comments which is a welcome endorsement of our Resort’s reputation and quality services.

Appreciate your critics on the Sambhar which indeed helped us to come up with a change in the standard recipe for the same.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I have seen hotels in Goa .... this one blew me away. Stayed at the first floor suite facing the pool and the sea in the horizon. It is funky (some would say tacky) and having lived, worked and stayed in India I could make out that the owners have spent big bucks on this small hotel. Had two lovely balconies, a rain shower, a fantastic honeymoon bed very fast internet. Staff is slow and the coffee shop service is bad but in Goa who eats at the hotel coffee shop? I read somewhere that the hotel had ongoing construction but I did not face any problems. I had the best time in North Goa at this hotel. In South, I have stayed at Park Hyatt, Taj Exotica and Leela Palace before but this trip was about North and I was on a mission to find the right hotel for myself. If Taj Village or Fort Aguada is taken out of the list (they are not in places where you can go out and walk or where the famed Goa life is) then this is the hotel. The shack is upmarket and clean. Loved their dance floor, beach loungers, food at the shack, service, everything. Cannot fault this hotel. Yes, staff is a bit rural but I did not want them to do anything else for me except handing over the room keys and charging my credit card. The beach is clean and quiet here and because the hotel is not on the road there is no constant honking or rowdy crowd. It could be expensive to some but for me it was the right value. I am going back soon and for a longer time. Please note that this is not a SPA resort - just a great place in a great location.

Room Tip: any of the suites at the end facing the pool
5 Thank Durjay S
Dear Guest,

It was indeed a delight to have you both to be part of us during your stay in November 2011 with us in Goa. We at "Fahrenheit Hotels & Resorts" extend our gratitude for your valuable comments which is a welcome endorsement of our Resort’s reputation and quality services.

Your feedback made us take this matter seriously and accordingly excel in the service department to this present day.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 13 December 2011

The best calendar I had at Goa of all the before ones.

I am a regular visitor to Gao, but this one was out of all, splendiferous.

The service, personalised touch for everything and above all, a major problem faced by veggies especially the Jains, the food served was fantabulous.

The locus of the hotel is so apt for all the possible Goa merriment. Having this kinda amibence of the hotel at the baga is like an icing on the cake.

To be precise, best suited for the high-toned indiviuals and goa lovers.

2 Thank Khusbu0908
Dear Guest,

It was indeed a delight to have you both to be part of us during your stay in January with us in Goa. We at "Fahrenheit Hotels & Resorts" extend our gratitude for your valuable comments which is a welcome endorsement of our Resort’s reputation and quality services.

Appreciate your sincere feeback which will excel us along.

Moscow - Paris
Reviewed 2 December 2011

We have choosen this hotel for our 10 days beach holidays, even though there were not enough opinions we decided to give it a try, especially taking into consideration its beach front location.
On arrival the have been posititvly surprised with pick up service, the room was ok, however we have asked for a change since the first room was overlooking the roofs of the neighbours villa. They did it with no problems, so we could enjoy nicer garden view.
During all our stay the staff was extremely nice and helpfull, always saying hello and smiling, with houskeeping being on its best.
This I guess is all that I can count as a positive point. So now about the negative points and why they overweight few positive ones.
1. The free of charge breakfast is actually a choice of 5 breakfast options. They offer you to choose between fresh fruit salad, fresh juice and canned juice (this is in sunny goa!). During our 10 days stay we have managed to get fresh juice 2 times - the rest of the time it was not available. Among 5 breakfast options they had just 2 occidental possibilities, so for 10 days we have been enjoying either french toast either fried eggs..... Really boaring and the quality has nothing to do with the style the hotel wants to have. I asked for possible variations - like cornflakes, they said they can make it for extra money. I guess a boutique hotel can have more personal approach to its very few ( the hotel was half empty) and long staying clients.....
2. People wrote here that terrace restaurant (not open) and shack are deserted al the time - and this is true, so we did not even try it! We spent all evening in nearby Fiesta that is really amazing and always full.
3. Hotel seems to be in constant construction, it means a lot of workers everythere, people still instal outside WC facilities, during all our stay we had plenty of beds in the hall. Not really relaxing atmospehre. However sunbeads are already dirty and stained so I could not get it if the hotel is just starting it work, or according to the state of sunbeds, in simply badly organised.
4. The most important point. During our stay hotel hosted 2 privat parties. Weddings i guess. For the small hotel like this is really hard to manage without making the stay of its guests uncomfortable. 2 Days before each party they started to install everything, for 2 days after the party they are arranging it back.... So it is not really a beach - it is a construction site with plenty of workers, dirth and noise for nearly 6 days for us....Please see my attached photos so you know what I am talking about. It made us really feel like we are bothering all these people working around and they just want us to go somewhere else from the beach so they could continue working. After the party you find plenty of rusty beer caps (hello tetanus!), huge pieces of broken glass, paper napkins, firework leftowers and nobody gives a *hit to clean it. So only after a discussion with the supervisor they have noticed that they also have guests that want to normally use the amenities. As you can immagine during the night you can hear people partying nearby and happily comming back at 4 a.m. an shouting in the hall.
If have been informed about these partys before my arrival i would have deffinately canceled my reservation since you can not be not disturbed by events like this in such a small hotel.
So I guess that hotel wants to get the most of its structure and since they did not have a lot of guests at the time of our stay they decided to host small privat events. I guess it is really nice for the people invited to the party as it makes great party venue with sleeping over facilities. However it is NOT a hotel for a nice beach stay and I REGRET SO MUCH choosing it and wasting my holiday time like that.
Please check my photos, so you can see that I am not picking up ( i wish i was).

15 Thank yilar
Nicky_1206, Manager at Fahrenheit Hotels and Resorts, responded to this review, 12 December 2011
Dear Ma'am/ Sir,

Thanking you for choosing Fahrenheit for your 9 nights stay & we regret that you had a less than pleasant stay with us...

All your concerns have been noted & will be investigated shortly...

Wish to address few of your concerns here:

1) Our free breakfast which is served in the comforts of your Suite has 7 options (not two) & fresh fruit juices are available every single day... just Pineapple (fruit) wasn't available for 2 days..
Also, we most gladly cater to adhoc guest requests which are not even part of the B'fast menu.

2) If private parties are being held at the shack, how can it be called DESERTED?

3) We have recently re-furbished our air-conditioned toilet next to our beach shack, which is 205 meters away from the Hotel building which was not a noisy job at all.

4) Every Hotel hosts events & parties in their property, so do we, but as mentioned our beach shack is 205 meters away from the building, to ensure that our resident guests aren't disturbed whatsoever. And it is clean't immediately after the event.

5) The Hotel was absolutely full during the tenure of your stay (& not HALF EMPTY) hence TWO spare roll-away beds were stowed in the corridor next to the House keeping trolley during servicing of those Suites.

6) Happy & partying guests next doors are completely beyond our control, but if we get any complain from any in-house guests we look in to it immediately.

Its was very confusing to understand, whether we were noisy or deserted...

Hope you select a more quieter beach Resort in Goa next time.

Thanks & Regards,
Management.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
Chalston Beach Resort
Seashell Beach Suites
#1 of 64 in Candolim
ibis Styles Goa Calangute Resort
Whispering Palms Beach Resort

Been to Fahrenheit Hotels and Resorts? Share your experiences!