Period of stay: 5 nights, last week of Oct 2013
Location: There is a main street connecting Baga beach and Calangute beach which is about 1.5 KM long. This hotel is off of that street almost equidistance from Baga beach and Calangute beach. Excellent location. Tons of restaurants nearby, nightclubs nearby, convenience stores nearby, cabs nearby, flee market type shops nearby. Everything within walking distance.
Beach Access: Walk through the hotel property (1 min), pass by their beach shack (which unfortunately was under renovation) and you are on beach. You can walk half KM to left and you will be on Calangute beach or half KM to right and you will be on Baga beach but you do not need to do that. The beach strip right in front of hotel is excellent and has sufficient number of shacks. Works very well if you are with kids. Get them in beachwear in hotel and walk to beach. While coming back, use their outdoor shower at pool to wash away the send and take a dip in the pool before going back to room. No need to carry anything on beach. Very convenient.
Views: No views actually. It’s a long property flanked with other hotels on both sides. The side facing sea has shack in front. That's the only minus point really.
Booking: Found this hotel on Tripadvisor, contacted them via their website, all processing done on emails in a very smooth manner.
Check-in: Like a breeze. When we arrived, we were straightaway taken to the room (no waiting on reception). Check-in process (total 2 mins) was done in the room itself while a welcome drink was served. Very neat touch of avoiding the wait at reception which is typically the most irksome part of check in.
Room: We booked Comfort suite. Ideal for family with kids. Suite is very big. The sitting area is almost as big as the main bedroom and could easily accommodate two foldaway beds for kids without moving any of existing furniture. Both sides have TVs, storage space and toilets. Shower is on the bedroom side only. Both areas are separated by a noise proof glass divider and blackout curtain. Gives sufficient privacy but at the same time the peace of mind that kids are with you in same room. Very convenient if you are travelling with young kids.
Its scores 10/10 on cool factor. Looks exactly the way it’s shown and described on their website. Premium electronics, lighting, gadgets (PS3 and laptop on demand), rain shower, funky lights in shower, fast wireless net connection etc.
Linens, Beds and housekeeping. Very comfy beds, even the rollaways for the kids. Soft, spotless white linens. Sufficient amount of towels replaced daily (white, clean but a bit spotty here and there). Housekeeping was excellent (deserved every penny of the tip we left them at the end of stay). Bathrooms and rooms cleaned and made spotless every day. bottled water and tea station refilled sufficiently. Can't complain, excellent.
Restaurant, pool and other facilities: It’s not a big chain hotel but still with the number of rooms, we felt the restaurant and pool were a bit small (but who needs a pool when you have ocean a few steps away). May get crowded in peak season but we were ok since we were there just before the peak season starts. Restaurant food was ok. Had breakfast every day and a few meals. Pool was clean and refreshing. Small things taken care well like ample supply of towels at pool and nice covered seating. Shack unfortunately was not open yet but looking at the size and type of construction, it looked promising.
Service: It was excellent. Each one of the staff member we interacted with was always smiling, polite and willing to help. Specially thanks to Oswin (F&B manager) for his personal attention. On very first evening in hotel, when we were in the restaurant to grab a quick bite, he approached us, introduced himself and became a friend almost instantaneously. Helped us shape up our daily plan and was genuinely interested in making our stay comfort. A big thanks to him.
Overall an excellent stay and we will recommend it to anyone with two thumbs up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fahrenheit Hotel is located opposite the famous Baga beach - one can just stroll away from one's suite for a serene experience. Here at Fahrenheit we can proudly boast about our swimming pool with 6 jacuzzi jets, the landscaped gardens and water bodies along with the flora and fauna which gives one the pristine feel. Indulge yourselves in the different category of suites from Indulgence to Cozy. The variation goes on to Spectacular Suite, Cool Suite and Comfort Suite. 24hours Reception at your service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fahrenheit Hotels and Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fahrenheit Hotel Calangute
- Fahrenheit Hotels And Resorts Goa/Calangute