We (me and my wife) stayed in this hotel for 5 nights on occasion of our first marriage anniversary.
After going through couple of hotels in candolim and calangute we zeroed in on Ocean palms. The property is awesome. Just 5-7 minutes walking (through a shortcut) to Calangute beach. Near to beach yet away from the hussle of the crowd.
After seeing at Palm rooms and Palm suites, we decided to check in Palm Suite room (B&B). We had to wait for about half an hour to 45 minutes for check in to the room (we were told that the room was getting cleaned as it has been recently checked out).Looking at the fact that we had no pre booking this had to happen..but the check in would have been bit early had the cleaning staffs were not watching TV in the Palm suite we selected. The good part was we could check in half an hour before the standard time of 2 p.m.
The suite was luxurious with a main room with balcony and a bed room with balcony. The room was equipped with all the modern amenities. We were impressed by the Hotel amenities.
Unfortunately we had an unpleasant experience of our room check in cards expiring for 2 consecutive days out of our 5 day stay. This is not expected as its more of a common sense to keep the cards active for 5 days when the room has been booked for 5 days. This is particulary irritating when you have a tiring day outside and the moment you want to relax you find you cant enter the room.
We also had an unpleasant experience of our room not cleaned even though the room key was handed over at around 11 am. The rooms were only cleaned up at around 3.30 pm after we came back and informed about the incident.
The breakfast was very tasty with lot of variety to choose from.
Coming to the tours and other help which is organised by the hotel : We would recommend those who cant drive bikes to go in for the south and north goa tours arranged by the hotel. We would highly not recommend the dolphin trip which was quoted to us at Rs. 1,000 per couple negotiated to Rs. 800 per couple. The actual rate is Rs. 350 per person. We could manage to see the dolphins at Rs. 200 per person when we went into South Goa tours. We felt the rates quoted for taxi was also over stayed.
We had a high expectation however due to unpleasant experiences we were left bit disappointed. However we would like to recommend this hotel to our family and friends and hope we get a better service next time we visit the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With global warming being a key concern, significant investments are being made in green technologies to reduce carbon foot prints across the world. Ocean Palms Goa too is a part of the drive. A 4-star eco-friendly resort, it is located in Calangute. Ocean Palms offers an affordable quality to business and leisure travellers alike. Blending the intimacy of home with modern amenities, the facilities at this child friendly resort include well appointed air-conditioned rooms, conferencing facilities, a swimming pool, a lounge bar, multi-cuisine restaurant, spa, and fitness services. The resort is located in a quite area of the main road. So you can enjoy a peaceful stay; at the same time it is hop-skip-and-jump away from popular tourists spots. Ocean Palms gives guest the best of both worlds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Palms Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Palms Goa Hotel Calangute
- Ocean Palms Goa Calangute