I will keep my review short and simple:
Extremely well mannered Staff and very polite and helpful. They arranged bike for hire, helped with proper housekeeping, excellent staff in the restaurant. Bottom-line - great bunch of people there.
Hotel is close to the center of all action, walking distance to calangute beach, 10-15 mins either side to fort aguada, candolim and baga.
Bar and spa were running 1 + 1 offers and that was really superb !!!!
spacious rooms, we had the suite and hence was perfect for us a family of 3, with 2 TVs so that the child need not be disappointed or the father ! hahaha.
Overall excellent stay.
They are not cons but just information about what i epxected more:
- Pool was very small, good enough for wading through or just relax with a beer, but not really big enough for a swim, the children pool was even tinier and my son felt left out behind the cage!
-Breakfast was very repetitive and choice of breakfast dishes was also very limited. If you call yourself 4 star hotel, there should be wider spread of breakfast with additional choices like muffins, more fruits, yoghurts. We had to eat omelette bread and cereals almost all days! This is definitely something that needs to be improved at Ocean palms.
- Play area was a surprise, as i did not expect to see a air hockey and Foosball in this hotel, but was disappointed when i went to use as they are almost practically not working and damaged. I think hotel should invest money and get new ones.
Overall thanks to all the friendly staff for making the stay memorable, just do look at my suggestions and improve it further.
Stayed in room 242, Oct 2- Oct 5 2013
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With global warming being a key concern, significant investments are being made in green technologies to reduce carbon foot prints across the world. Ocean Palms Goa too is a part of the drive. A 4-star eco-friendly resort, it is located in Calangute. Ocean Palms offers an affordable quality to business and leisure travellers alike. Blending the intimacy of home with modern amenities, the facilities at this child friendly resort include well appointed air-conditioned rooms, conferencing facilities, a swimming pool, a lounge bar, multi-cuisine restaurant, spa, and fitness services. The resort is located in a quite area of the main road. So you can enjoy a peaceful stay; at the same time it is hop-skip-and-jump away from popular tourists spots. Ocean Palms gives guest the best of both worlds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Southall Travel, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ocean Palms Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Palms Goa Hotel Calangute
- Ocean Palms Goa Calangute