“Excellent place to stay-sanjeev bhatia”

The Park Calangute Goa
Ranked #10 of 116 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I stayed in this hotel last week with family for three nights , my fourth trip to Goa. I must say that the location of the hotel is awesome, right on the beach, rooms are modern and cosy and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The best part is the team running the hotel led by Saurabh, few names i can remember like Udit, Sumedha, Rohan, Krishna, Vinisha. They were hospitable, friendly and always willing to help. My seven year old daughter had a ball in the pool and by the beach and wanted to stay for another day as the staff took good care of her. The terrace bar is a dream place to enjoy a drink with music as it offers you sea view so close which is a heavenly feeling unmatched by any other place in Goa. Yes there are issues like leakage and some renovation work in the bar but the attitude and service of the staff makes up for it. Recommended to beach lovers and bar lovers.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
TPHBGoa, Manager at The Park Calangute Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Dear Mr. Bhatia,

On behalf of the entire team here, I would like to thank you for your recent stay at The Park on Holiday Beach and also for your feedback.

There are newer reviews for The Park Calangute Goa

Reviewed 15 July 2012

I booked this but ws little apprehensive about the place after reading a few negative reviews. But i had a great experiemce. The bar is reopened after upgradation and was a fabulous place for the monsoon. The service was excellent and the staff looked after us very well. There was still some work happening on the restaurant (which i guess can be a regular feature in goa due to the fierce monsoon), but the service more than made up for it. And truely nothing like the bar deck in monsoon. Recommended

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Reviewed 11 July 2012

We had booked a FAMILY HOLIDAY with kids, after looking at the MUCH ATTRACTIVE pictures of the property, on their website. The mere thought of having a drink, looking at the sea was relaxing along-with a lot of fun planned by the kids and ourselves. The entire drive to the resort was so picturesque and the kids were bubbling with Ideas. It was all cloudy and seemed like perfect weather when we arrived at the resort. Due to long and exhaustive travelling my wife fell ill on arrival and the staff and the guests took good care of her.

Early morning walks by the sea, in solitude, made me feel one with nature. After a very long time I felt relieved of stress. The location of the place being a major scoring point, my family did not feel inhibited even going out to the beach at mid-night.

However, the disappointing fact is that the website had shown all rosy pictures of the (Non-Existant) Bar / Lounge as the same was practically uprooted and under major repairs / renovation with bamboo scaffolding all over. All the white curtains hanging by the cabanas were missing and the roof was leaking. The restaurant was also leaking and rust all over the pillars. The lobby floor was being polished with grinding machine and its roof leaking. The room service was slow and at times at night, I personally had to go down to the reception to make requests as none answered the phone. The fitness centre was nowhere to be seen and the premises were being used as store. The CABLE TV was out for 2 days (NO DTH in the rooms). CERTAINLY not expected from the PARK GROUP OF HOTELS, They should’ve made things clear about the renovations underway.

This was my FIRST VISIT to GOA, the resort being at a prime location and the FAMILY being with me, despite hiccups we still loved the late night walks by the beach loving every bit of the cool breeze on our skin and admiring the ferocity of the waves. Would have been more pleasurable had I been provided with 4 star service as promised.

Room Tip: confirm before hand if all the services and amenities shown on the website do actually work or are o...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sandeep_puri
Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

Dear Mr. Puri,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Park on Holiday Beach and for your feedback.

It was a pleasure having you and your family stay with us and I was surprised to read that you didnot enjoy the holidays as much as we thought you did, more so since you had extended your stay at the hotel.

We had the bar under upgradation, as it was an open air lounge which we were covering and is ready to use now. We do have to consider the factor that during the monsoons curtains in open air pool cabanas will not be very helpful to the guests. We do not have a fitness center yet and we have not mentioned about having one so please accept my apologies if you felt that it was committed to you.

The entire team looks forward to having you back at the resort and enjoy those walks of solitude again.

Warm regards,

Director - Operation

Reviewed 10 July 2012

I was staying with my family. this was my first visit to goa and I really enjoyed my holiday here. the staff is friendly and helpful. the service is excellent. we couldn't move around much due to the rains but the staff made us feel at home. the only drawback was that the rooms are not sea facing but since its right on the beach it didn't matter much. will recommend fr people who are not expecting big hotels but good personalised service and great location.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire team here, I would like to thank you for your stay and for your kind words.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Hi, Had an opportunity to visit The Park, property in Goa last week - was there on 25th june 2012 to be precise. I was travelling with a friend from the Hospitality industry , so was kinda assured that we were going to the right website as he swore by the PARK HOTELS GROUP. I checked the web site & it looked very swanky, etheral with the white theme and a very morrocco, lounge kinda feeling.Right from the word go, that hotel is a Disaster. There was renovation on, & flooring being polished with the machine polishing sound all the time. Most of their metal structures were shown in the lounge were all rusted & there was no lounge... it was all under repair & all workers all around.We had our room on the 1st floor & it was on the end of corridor. The entire corridor was leaking and water every where.. Since it was meant to be a boutique hotel, there was so much focus on design that functionality was out for a toss.The bathroom door was made of glass & would bump into the WC. All the fancy cabbanas that one sees in the website next to the pool side are all leaking water seeping through. The room had a balcony overlooking the hutments the neighbourhood.These are just some of the flaws. Its teh tip of the ice berg. Strictly go there at your own Risk.

Room Tip: Avoid this place. Its a complete disaster
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank sanjevs
Management response:Responded 7 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Park on Holiday Beach and your valuable feedback.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you during your stay. I am upset to know that you didnot enjoy your stay here. Since this was our first monsoon we didnot expect the damage that it can create. We have taken care of all the issues now and are ready to welcome you once again. We remain committed to providing our guests with world class hospitality and service and that is the reason we have been rated amongst the top hotels in the world to open in 2012.

I look forward to meeting you in person and welcoming you back at The Park on Holiday Beach so that we can show you our commitment towards our guests.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I had a good time and enjoyed my 4 night stay wih my wife. The food is good and the peace bar is awesome. The lovation is probably the best in goa. The staff is very courtous. Recommended especially for young people and party lovers.

The downside is the entrance to the hotel but once u r in its a treat. Also the white theme may look a little dirty but gives a nice relaxed and cool feel.

• Stayed: May 2012
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Dear Guest,

These words of encouragement will certainly help our team to excel further and ensure great experiences for our guests. We look forward to a welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I stayed here last week and was really happy with the stay. The hotel has probably the best location in north goa and the staff were very friendly.

Although it was pouring heavily and the bar was under renovation (the staff informed that earlier it was an open air and now they are covering it so that it can be used in the rains), we had a good time at the pool and the beach.

Looking forward to coming back once the bar is ready.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Director - Operations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
Taj Holiday Village Resort & Spa
Hard Rock Hotel Goa
Hard Rock Hotel Goa
#9 of 116 in Calangute

Been to The Park Calangute Goa? Share your experiences!