“Value for money”
Review of Fun Holidays Goa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calangute
Fun Holidays Goa
Uk
“Value for money”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Spent 56 nights in this lovely apartment enjoyed every one of them .staff all very good .apartment cleaned regularly.bedding changed regularly .location very good will use this apartment again glyn&june

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank June1123
Komal25, Owner at Fun Holidays Goa, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you so much for the great review June. We would love to host you again.
Good things happen to Good people:-)
Thanks again

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Its a very well maintained Apartment , Location is just about 700mtrs from calangute beach and just 100mtrs from main market. We liked this apartment because it had all things we needed for a weeks stay Thanks to Alok , Komal and Sanjay for making it a nice place to stay.
The main issue is the Colonia De Braganz Resort within which Funholidays is situated. The staff of the Resort was very rude to my family .

Day 1: As per the written board next to the pool, timing for pool is 8:30AM to 5:30PM , but when we wanted to enter ,we were asked to use only after 9:30AM. While the other pool was already being used by people at around 8:30AM. I did not question as I just entered the place.

Day 1: We entered the pool next to our apartment at 9:30AM, and a guy comes running to us asking rudely , which is your room number . As we did not remember the room number , I mentioned "funholidays" and he said he does not know any funholidays . Middle of this I had to fetch room keys to show him the room number . After 10mins he confirms , " OK , you can use the pool ". I asked him do you ask your guest from Colonia De Braganz same way and he started arguing that I only asked you your room number .

Day 2 : I asked Sanjay if we could use the first pool near the entrance as the filter of the pool's near the apartment was not working . After he confirmed , we moved to the other pool. As soon as we entered , the same guy from Colonia De Braganz came running and asked us not to use this pool as it was only for people with long stay ( 1 month ) . Apparently this pool is only for foreigners who stay with Colonia De Braganz and this pool looks well maintained. We left and asked Alok to explain this behaviour and he said he will speak to that guy and apologized few times .

Day 3: 6 Bachelors with shades on were in the pool. We kept our self in kids pool . After some 20 mins they started to dive from the wall of the kids pool to the main pool. It was very uncomfortable for my wife and my kids to enjoy in the pool with jokers likes this. The same guy was standing next to the pool , did not tell them anything even though diving was not allowed. We have not used the pool after that.

My stay within the apartment was good , but as soon as I try to use some amenities in the Colonia De Braganz , it becomes messy . The guy who made our 3 days in pool hell was Deepak from Colonia De Braganz.

My request to Komal : Please ask Alok to give details of guests in Funholidays to Colonia De Braganz , So that they can treat you like one more guest or at least just behave normal.

Thanks
Santosh

Room Tip: Rooms I got was not facing the pool , it was facing the back side of next resort . Ask for pool faci...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Santosh S
Komal25, Owner at Fun Holidays Goa, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thanks for your review and for liking my apartment.
Thanks for the information. I have taken it up with the resort. We have an agreement with the resort but as their management is not very efficient, some employees decide to behave the way they want to. Thanks for providing me the name of this guy. It will be easier for us to nail him now.
Thanks again
Valencia, Spain
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I booked and paid FUN HOLIDAYS GOA the rate that was advertised on ROOMORAMA.
I was then informed that I have to pay more as there were mistakes on the website.
I refused and was told that the accommodation is no longer available.
I'm still waiting on my refund.
Not FUN any more!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Martinspain2014
Komal25, Owner at Fun Holidays Goa, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Hi Martin
It was roomorama and not me who had autoupdated the rates and I never accepted your booking so that payment that you claim, was actually never made. Below is roomorama's mail stating the same. Also, below is your mail blackmailing me to absorb the loss and accept the booking or get a negative review from you.

Hi Komal,

We understand that the guest has created a negative feedback regarding his booking inquiry on your property through our website.

We have straighten this out with him that what he process was to authorize payment for his booking and it is only deducted from his account after host accepts the inquiry.
It was clear to him that his money is and will not be taken out because you have not accepted the booking inquiry .

And Roomorama has not taken his money . We can provide screen shot as proof that his booking was never accepted and no amount has been charge to him.

We will contact the guest and work this out.

Gayle

Your mail to me-

Komal
This is an issue between you and roomorama.
I fulfilled all what was required of me.
I will not pay more.
I suggest you absorb the loss to avoid my negative comments about my experience with fun holidays goa.
Martin

I will let people judge.
Pune, India
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Excellent location and the apartment was really clean and nicely furnished. The staff was really helpful. We had a great time and the staff was really helpful. All the main attractions on Calangute and Baga were approachable. Will be back again for sure.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Funloving_Gyan
Komal25, Owner at Fun Holidays Goa, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you so much for the great review... It was great to host you this time and we are also looking forward to hosting you again.:-)
Regards
Kent
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in apartment 932 for 17 days. The apartment is well equipped and the resort is in a prime location, just a 10 minute walk to Calangute beach. The breakfast is basic but varied, to be honest the places to eat near by are so cheap if you don't want breakfast at the hotel, it won't cost you much to eat breakfast out. Most mornings we gave our breakfast to the "less fortunate" locals and their children on our way to the beach. The room boy was very pleasant and does a very good job of keeping the apartment clean and tidy. He bought breakfast between 9 and 10 every morning so if you want a lay-in you will need to tell him not to worry about bringing breakfast. Alok was always very pleasant and helpful, although his English was limited and we sometimes struggled to understand him. (He was always very smiley) Denise the cab driver was also very nice and very chatty. The resort (Colonia de Braganza) where the apartments are located, is very much in need of some TLC, it's very run down and doesn't have much of an ambiance. The pools don't get hardly any sun and therefore they are always freezing cold, they also have a limited amount of sun beds. There is little to no entertainment at the resort and it seems they only ever play Russian music. Do not let the resort put you off from booking the apartments, they really are value for money and are in the ideal location. Komal was very helpful from start to finish and her apartments are a home from home, would most definitely recommend booking these apartments you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Apartment 932 really good with large balcony that got the sun all day. Only negative, for some peopl...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kent_Katie1984
Komal25, Owner at Fun Holidays Goa, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Hi Katie and Rich
Thank you so much for an honest and good review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It was great to host you. I hope your parents are as happy in our apartment too.
Looking forward to hosting you again...:-)
God bless
Rourkela, India
Reviewed 12 January 2014

we were a gang of 8 gals..buked two apartments..d rooms luk xactly as shown
Its comfy and home like.. breakfast menu is limited still not bad..quite close to beach..nearby atm..gud security..for a budget trip where u dont wana spend much on stay indeed d best choice...
We are all planning again back and wil b going for it..right on the market place...its worth going..
loved the stay..
thanku.. :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sanjita16
Komal25, Owner at Fun Holidays Goa, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Hi Dear
Thanks for the great review.. It was great to host you guys too. Would love to host you again. Do let me know of your plans.
Bhubaneswar, India
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Travelling for the first time with my wife to spend holidays in goa I was a bit hesitant when it came to choosing hotels online but then I saw fun holidays goa and placed my bet on it and O BOY!!!!!!!!! I got a jackpot, barely a minute's walk from the famous calangute beach, and markets nearby, in house restaurant, pools an ever ready staff to help and KOMAL, ALOK and SANJAY went out of the way to make the stay comfortable and enjoyable and I would definitely recommend to all my acquaintances,,, FUNHOLIDAYSGOA is a must must stay,,,,,,,,,,,, Thanks the trio for making my holiday pleasurable, enjoyable and FUN HOLIDAYS in GOA.......

Room Tip: psst.....go for pool facing rooms !!!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Komal25, Owner at Fun Holidays Goa, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Wow.
I will definitely share your review with my team. It will boost their morale. It was our great pleasure to host you too.
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are looking forward to hosting you again.
Thanks