“Very Badly maintained”

Nizmar Resort
Ranked #83 of 124 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Stayed here during oct 2012, very badly maintained, very dirty rooms bathrooms
No security in the hotel so be ready for the worst :)
Terrible rooms with age old furniture and bath room fittings
I stayed in a delux AC room, which doesn't work most of the time
My friends who stayed in other rooms also had similar issue with the AC, which didn't work all night
We also experienced power cuts for 2 hrs during the night, and there was no generator :(
Was a nightmare staying at this place

Room Tip: Please avoid this place unless you like filthy places
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank sab084

Reviewed 18 August 2012

I have stayed at Nizmar two times and enjoyed my time. The staff is friendly, serves welcome drink on arrival and have quite a few suggestions to acquaint you if you are new in the vicinity. Apparently, Calangute Beach is walking distance from here...plus you can hire bikes near the resort so that you can travel stress-free in Goa. Actually you'll feel as if you are staying in an apartment with a community of like-minded people; and the staff behave as if they work for you!

I love their swimming pool and evening bar-be-ques during happy hour! Their suites are spacious enough for two, and ours overlooked the swimming pool which was visually appealing! Food, though basic, was delicious and the staff kept no stone unturned in order to meet our expectations. Unlike lots of BNB's and 3 star hotels of this caliber, Nizmar Resort certainly is a very nice retreat to experience, neat & clean, good rooms, descent food, close to the the action; the beach! A complete backpackers paradise which I would wanna visit again and again!

Room Tip: Choose rooms overlooking the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AzizShafi
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I stayed three nights here in Dec'2011 with my family and liked it.Clean spacious rooms,clean pool ,friendly staff and a 10 minute walk to the Calanghute beach makes it a good bargain for price.Food is somewhat costly but for X-mas eve in Goa, it got to give it to them.Only I should mention that the Kitchenette is almost of no use...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Its been a good experience with this hotel, I have stayed for 3N/4D. Everything is good - pool, breakfast and atmosphere of this hotel. Only one problem i have faced in this hotel is that there are no fluorescent tube lights. There are only night lamps which makes room very dull at night. Overall its value for money i can say.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are good and preferable.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We have stayed at the Nizmar 5 times since 2004 the other where great BUT this time it was not as clean as it used to be, the 5 staff that we know from 2004 are still brilliant Mangesh, Laurence, Socorro, Antonio the one I have forgotten his name BUT the rest of the young staff are dishonest lazy.
We where in room 102 we were both bitten by bed bugs although I had a very bad reaction had to get the dr out, they sprayed the bed put the same sheets back on I pulled the sheets back on our return from the beach there was dead live bugs so we eventually after a lot of crying on my part were moved to another room which had just been decorated was much cleaner. Did love this hotel once but never again. NOT PUT US OG GOA THOUGH. LOVE IT

Room Tip: Dont go there
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Christine291160
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Don't book your room in this hotel ! That's all i can say.
I had booked a room in this hotel for 1 night : 18- 19 December 2011.
I had done the booking from their very own website : www.nizmarresorts.com

I wanted to cancel this reservation as I got another hotel to stay in. So I went to Nizmar resort , before 24 hours and told them that I would like to cancel the booking.
According to their website, if you cancel before 24 hrs , you are entitled to a refund.

The manager of the hotel, Christopher told me first that my booking amount is not reflected in their bank statements, so they cannot refund my amount. It was strange that though I had booked from their own website, still they say they did not receive the payment.I called up my bank at that very moment, and bank confirmed that they have credit the amount to Nizmar's account.

Secondly, Christopher told me that once he receives the amount in his bank statements, he would refund me . Now after 1 month, as i did not receive any communication from Nizmar, i dropped an email to them asking about the status of my refund.
Shockingly I got a response from Christopher that now they cannot refund me the amount as they could not sell the room to anyone's else due to my cancellation and entire 1 room charge will be charged! He argued a lot and now he says that he has made up his mind that he would not provide me with a refund and I am free to take any action against Nizmar !!

Is there a way out? Is there any legal action that I can take against Nizmar resort ?

Please please do not visit Nizmar resort after this horrible experience of mine !
Have never faced something of this sort with any hotel ever !

Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ssaha123
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We Agree with others on this one we were also down with food poisining, 7 couples that we new of all came down the the food poisining
it is not fit for europeans,used as a conference room for the indians, who were noisy and some had disgusting habits spitting and clearing there nose in the pool,
could not beleive what we had come to, we had been to the nizmar before and it was pleasant then,
we had read the reviews but you always think that some folk are over the top, so to be honest did not take much notice,but please be warned and avoid this one,

Room Tip: dont bother
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple