“Enjoyed very much at ....Nizmar”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Nizmar Resort

Nizmar Resort
Ranked #76 of 110 Hotels in Calangute
Vadodara, India
“Enjoyed very much at ....Nizmar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

Spent 4 days and 3 nights with all the family members. The staff was very good and cooperative. Enjoyed staying in Nizmar resort. Very near to Calangute Beach.....The food and service was very good...

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank sanjay17081971

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

Despite the many negative reviews we had read about Nizmar, we decided on first-hand experience.
If you want a hotel, find one. This place is spaces boxed off with amenities. The buildings on the outside are poorly maintained (Needs a paint job, no window cleaning etc) but the inside is relatively comfortable. The bathroom area has a stand in shower which works. The toilet seat was stained and horried looking but clean. There is a bed base with two single mattresses to make it appear as a double bed. There is TV with some sat channels. No kettle/tea making facilities. There is a fridge (Gross and unclean but it worked) There are ceiling fans and air con.
Room rules were laughable, no food or drink in your room (aside from hotel orders) there is room service. No visitors aloud in your rooms. I stopped reading after the latter statement. Room cleaning is every other day and on one of those days we received just one towel instead of two and a small item magically disappeared. If they had asked we would have given. This was the most disappointing part of our trip. We did not complain. I could not bear to hear the fodda they would try to give in their defence.
The food was basic and inconsistent. It would depend on which chef is on and whether he felt like producing that which is listed on the menu. They do have wifi we picked up on however, when we asked to log on, they sent us to reception who told us they have no wifi. Let’s leave it at that shall we. Selective understanding was more prevalent than the actual language barrier. Courtesy and good customer relations was Inconstant and dependant on tip weight. There is a safe for your valuables on site at a cost.
I can deal with the simplicity of this resort. I would even go so far as to say we would have stayed there again. What killed a second stay for us were ‘help yourself room service’ and some pretentious staff.
I understand India in many parts is a developing country; this is still no excuse for poor service.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Duckie D

Travellers are raving about these Calangute hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

Spent 5 Nights here few weeks back. I was very disapponted. Defo made a wrong choice in choosing this hotel. The rooms are average,so is the service and cleanliness. There are better hotels in goa (calangute) at the same price than this. Its ok if you on a budget holiday or a long stay in goa. The staff were very polite and helpfull though.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank toplad08
delhi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

it was my first visit to Goa and i stay at nizmar, after first night in morning i called for room cleaning, they answered it done after every 2 days only. one day we were litle late for break fast, restaurant denys to provide breakfast. it does look like flats i delhi.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank keshavdelhi
Buckinghamshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

This hotel is nothing like the adverts. The rooms are unclean, the towels are unclean and the fans hang from wires in the ceiling. You will be charged extra if you wish to have anything other than Indian breakfast ( which I was not informed of). The cost of wi-fi is a joke, especially when it doesn't hold connection. Oh.....and I paid extra for a sea view.......it doesn't even exist!
Goa is fantastic, and I will definitely revisit but I will certainly not be staying here!

Room Tip: Don't. Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

Over the last 10 years I have visited calangute 6 times and last stayed at the nizmar 3 years ago. I have just got home after two weeks staying there and oh how awful it now is. The staff and particularly on reception are the rudest hotel staff I have ever met. The room allocated on arrival was unclean and a joke we were moved straight away. I had requested block one or two via e mail with hotel and front facing and ground level due to a dodgy leg, we got top floor rear facing block 3 . The other blocks set aside for an Indian wedding. I saw the biggest rat in my life in reception, in fact the tour company rep also fell foul to a rat there and fell over. The room was cleaned only 4 times the other 8 times we asked they never did. Please don't stay here especially if its your first time to goa as you will never go back and goa is ace. I could go into even more but I'm sure you have got my drift.

• Stayed February 2013
Vadodara, Gujarat, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

the hotel was to good amazing location nice dinner n loved the live music at dinner thanx enjoyed my honey moon
vry helpfull staff
nice and clean rooms pleas must eat nonvage
u will only see forenars there

Room Tip: 1st or 2nd floor pool
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paresh0107
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
Ticlo Resorts
Ondas do Mar Beach Resort
Ondas do Mar Beach Resort
#37 of 110 in Calangute
Ibis Styles Goa Calangute Resort

Been to Nizmar Resort? Share your experiences!