“not again”

Ranked #85 of 110 Hotels in Calangute
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
“not again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

i stayed in this hotel in the middle of the feb. with some of my friends.
hotel is located between calangute and candolim little bit far from the beach
the rooms of the hotel are very small service is very bad
the only good thing about this hotel is its pool
the pool is having a 9ft depth
overall not good

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
mumbai
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

well i was stayed in this hotel 2012 new year 29,30,31 and 1 jan
on 31 evening 6:45 pm me and my friends abt to go to beach
in staircase no light and all of sudden a snake come and bite
my friend feet and in few minutes my friend dead no body help me in that hotel

never go to that hotel anymore no staff whole resort only 4 staff

Room Tip: always stay in 4* n 5* resorts to make your trip more good and best you will get excellent service i...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
22 Thank pawan1

Travellers are raving about these Calangute hotels

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

i and my wife had stayed at dona terezinha last october...it was a pleasant stay,hotel was good,rooms were neat & not to forget the friendly behaviour of staff,esp.Mr.Albert...he is so friendly n helpful....the hotel is a short stroll away from calangute beach,had good restaurants in the surroundings ofcourse u get good food from this hotel itself...taxis were also available anytime,and also 2 wheeler for rent & they arranged sight seeing for a very good budget also...food is always expensive in goa as this was my 3rd visit,but its worth the pleasure u get in return...anyway,hotel dona terezinha was a good choice for a reasonable budget...we really enjoyed being there & wud like to come back again...

Room Tip: prefer rooms on ground floor
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anoopblr21
Mumbai
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

We were looking to stay in a budget accomodation in Calangute, we can't complain actually because for the rates we got the accomodation was just that - budget. Dona Terezinha is not a hotel per se. It is a rent back facility, which may builders in Goa, cash-in. Find property buyers - let them know that the place is a resort and they will get a decent income and provide this accomodation to travellers. Each room depends on how well furnished the owner has been able to make it! The Resort exteriors were dingy! The restaurant, if you could call it that was - terrible. Breakfast was just Bread jam and toast with coffee only. We only left our baggage in the room and spent as much time outside as possible. Because the location is terrific. There are plenty of eating options outside. There are 3 supermarkets in the row. There is Pizza hut, Baskin robbins and a pure-veg Hotel Shree Sagar. Those we are non-veg we loved the veg food and the service at SS. The Hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. The manager was good, so was the pool boy. All in all a "budget" stay. PS: The hotel is full of Russian tourist Indians might feel like the odd one out!

Room Tip: All the best!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank vwd_want2cworld
Thane, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

we went to goa for the 4th time with our family . thr wr 2 aged people 4 adults n 2 children n 1 child ws of 1 yr. we went to goa on 25 jan . after travelling from thane in a train it ws very hectic journey. whn we reached our hotel we asked for our rooms and thy told us tht ur rooms r nt booked in ths hotel bt their sister's hotel DONA ELICHINA we had our reservation letter which named th hotel dona terizaina . wht we saw ws dona terezina ws filled wth foreigners n nt wth a single indian . then we went to see dona elichina hotel it ws a terrible hotel it ws vry far from th beach n market no restaurants wr nearby . thn we asked thm to vaccant rooms for us in dona terezina bt thy told noo thn we said thm tht we may complain th police then thy tld us tht one night u plzz stay in dona elichina n nxt mornin we wl shift u to dona terezina . we reached th hotel at 4 pm . we wr travelling frm 4 am in th mornin . th 1 yr child gt so frustrated.thy did nt even offer us fr water we hd to give money n buy a bisleri we wated our 2 days in shiftin.i wl suggest u to to plzz dont visit ths hotel at all.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank disha_tawde
Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

There is ample scope of improvement in the resort. Instead of a double bed I got a twin bed.
Breakfast was awful. Can't eat, even for free. Water was smelly and no drinking water was there. Other than that location & ambiance was good. People were good there. They even cleaned my broken bottles & the mess.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank D_RATH
Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

I had been to Goa last year. As this was my first trip to Goa and I was travelling with my wife, so I had booked the hotel in well advance. I planned my trip for December 2nd week and made last moment booking, as it was just before the peak season, all the hotels were full but luckily there were rooms available in this hotel. I booked a room for us. I was expecting it to be a average kind of stay at least, but to my surprise, it was a nice hotel. I got a room facing pool side, it had very nice view. I had selected a booking package where complementary breakfast was included in package. I didn't like much the breakfast there, but saw most of the foreigners were there enjoying the food. Every night they used to play guitar and some instruments with slow music, which mostly attracts the foreigner.The staff was very cooperative and I enjoyed my stay there.
To summarize, below are the positive and negatives of the hotel:-
Pros: -
Good rooms
Cooperative staff
Nice view( pool side room)

Cons: -
Not so good food
No activities arrange by hotel

Room Tip: If available, book a pool view room.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple