Booked a three week stay at this hotel in late January early February. Should have arrived at 8.30am but due to Thomson’s 10 hour delay we arrived at our hotel about 9.00pm. Still the reception was helpful and friendly and we had a quick evening meal in the hotel.
Hotel rooms are spacious and clean, with CTV, fridge and shower. Air con was not very good, we had to complain after the first night as it was sooooo noisy and not much good. Bed was hard (we like that) and the linen was changed regularly.
Would I recommend the hotel restaurant? afraid not, the Abracadabra Persian grill next door (owned by the hotel) was very poor with a very limited menu. The restaurant attached to the main hotel was OK but average. The staff in the bar and restaurant were very friendly and attentive and made our stay enjoyable.
Hotel grounds are limited, we booked a garden view but overlooked the reception and back car park. But we had two balconies the other balcony overlooked Holiday Street and we enjoyed many evenings with a drink and watching the market traders across the street, they too are very friendly, highly recommended.
The only negative I can raise about the hotel is the pool. It has to be one of the dirtiest pools we have used on our holidays, but after a very hot day relaxing in the sun you just have to dip in. The pool was, I think cleaned once while we stayed but I did complain twice to reception asking that the pool be given a chlorine shock, it never happened. Shame as you had to have a shower after leaving the pool as you could not see the bottom through the murk.
So if you are looking for a budget hotel on Holiday Street, near the beach you can do a lot worse than book the Ondas do Mar Beach Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 'Ondas do mar' which in Portuguese means ‘waves of the sea’. It is a delightful beach resort in close proximity of just 300 meters from the beach . It has 30 air-conditioned, well appointed and comfortable rooms which is aesthetically designed with vibrant colours and large open space with balcony's facing the road and the swimming pool which gives one feeling of living in a Portuguese villa. We are a budget category property.There are two wings, one is old wing(Phase-I)(Std rooms) and the new wing(Phase-II)(Dlx rooms) are situated. Both has a swimming pool.Dlx rooms are spacious (55 sqmt) and overlooking the pool or the garden whereas Std rooms are (35sqmt) and has a road or the garden view. Both the wings are separated from each other. Buffet breakfast is served in the New wing(Phase-II. Property has two restaurents "Chef-e-tte" Poolside restaurent serving multi-cusine & "Abracadabra" serving Persian charcoal Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Ondas do Mar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ondas Do Mar Beach Hotel Calangute
- Hotel Ondas Do Mar
- Ondas Do Mar Beach Resort Goa/Calangute