“Value for money”

Ranked #11 of 113 Hotels in Calangute
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Value for money”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Perfect hotel for stay in Goa
I stayed in this Hotel for one week and found really more than what I was thinking of before.
So far I visited 40-50 Hotels (2star,3star,4star,5 star, Guest House) in India/abroad and I found this Hotel one of the best.Very friendly staff always ready to help.I booked this Hotel with Yatra.com but they made me confused what is covered in my package or not. But Front office staff Priyesha explained me very well all the things.They have excellent Swimming instructor (could not recollect his name) I just spend 2 hours during my whole trip in the pool under his guidance and could see myself swimming.They did courteousy by giving me room facing the pool and it was nice to see the view from there.Variety of items in breakfast. They have kids pool as well but it is small.In dinner and lunch they have less Indian taste.Location is very nice.Once you go to Hotel Gate you can hire taxi/scooty/bike. Calangute is at wakable distance even Candolim beach is also near.They have good open dining(24*7) as well, Jym is also there. If you wanna morning walk you can do quiet place.Small Hotel with beautiful view, all luxurious facility within budget. I will plan my schedule soon again and will prefer this Hotel only.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Upendra_Kulkarni, General Manager at Azzure By Spree Hotels, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Naveen,

Warm greetings from the magnificent Azzure by Spree Hotels and beautiful Goa.
I am sure back home in Gurgaon, you are still missing the fun time you had at Azzure by Spree.

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your stay at Azzure by Spree Hotels. We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful time with us especially your swimming lessons.
Your encouraging comments about our courteous staff , your satisfactory comments will keep us doing the best we are known for...........................Hospitality.

Team Azzure by Spree Hotels puts the best effort to make you happy to the fullest and always do more to satisfy all our valued patrons like you. Next time you visit us ...I would like to recommend you to visit our Nirvaana Spa for our well known Aroma Therapies.

Its also happy moment for us that you found us one of the best hotel you visited across the globe.

Do visit us on Facebook and be updated on activities, offers and events planned at Azzure by Spree Hotels Goa.............I know you will, however let us request you to spread a word about Azzure by Spree within your circles please.

Should you require any asistance please feel free to contact any of us or me directly....just give us a shout.....we are there to Do More !

info.azzuregoa@spreehotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Having had this hotel recommended to me by people that have stayed here I must say I'm a little disappointed with some of the common practices of the hotel.

The drinks are very overpriced and the fact that the pool bar is charging 80rps (not including tax) for a 250ml can of sprite I find a bit outrageous compared to the other hotels I have stayed at in Goa this is easily 3 times the going rate.

I do not understand why tax isn't included on the prices in the menu I have been to Goa 6 times over 10 years and this is the only place I have come across that does this, it's quite misleading and bumps up the already high prices.

Service charge is added to every bill which I'm not bothered about since I do tend to tip however this does mean that the staff are receiving less than I would usually tip for a service. As many are aware small notes in Goa are very rare so trying to make a tip up to 100rps when the service charge is already 60rps is a little difficult.

As other have mentioned we have had a problem with noisy neighbours and when we complained to the reception and specifically told they would contact us with regards to a room change they didn't, it was only after complaining a second time after 4 sleepiness nights and being quite irate were we moved.

Now after being fairly negative here are the positives:

The rooms are fantastic are exactly what I would have expected from a hotel of his calibre, AC, room fans, WiFi, TV, free bottles of water every day and the beds are the softest I've ever slept in (that is not an exaggeration)

Th breakfast is an amazing buffet style with a wide variety of Western and Indian options, there is a gentlemen on hand everyday to make fresh omelettes and pancakes which is a very nice touch. Some of the breakfast choices are a bit peculiar (mixed seafood macaroni?)

The serving staff are attentive and very courteous and I do generally get the feeling that they want to help you which is nice, to have such dedicated staff is very pleasant and makes your stay feel a bit special.

The pool is clean and very well maintained and the added touch of offering towels for the sun-beds is very nice also.

The beach is roughly 1.75km away from the hotel but this is easily walked.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Phil A
Upendra_Kulkarni, General Manager at Azzure By Spree Hotels, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Phil,
Warm greetings from the magnificent Azzure by Spree Hotels and beautiful Goa.
Thank you very much for sharing your review here on Trip Advisor for the travel community about your recent stay with us.
We have mixed feelings about your experience about your experience with us.

Its sad to note that you found us overpriced at the bar and also did not like the policy of taxes being excluded. Every Hotel organisation has their own policy for the charges, however its really making us unhappy that you did not enjoy the way it is. Few people find it overpriced and equally at the same time there are many travelers who finds us fairly priced. However What I can do is we will rework on pricing structure in days to come and make it even attractive for all our patrons......and that our promise.

It is also nice to know that you found our services, facilities commendable and you enjoyed the services rendered by our courteous team. We are very proud of our team which is known for the right and pleasant attitude.

Its good that you noticed our best possession....the beds which gives heavenly experience of hospitality. Team Azzure by Spree Hotels puts the best effort to fulfill the needs and always do more to satisfy our valued patrons.

Kolhapur, India
Reviewed 11 January 2014

This is a nice property, though away from Beach, it is nicely maintained. Even mattresses, soap, shampoo all are of nice quality. The complimentary breakfast provided was also nice. Well maintained swimming pool. Calangute & baga beach are at drive distance. Having good offers on cocktails & kabab's. Food was fantastic.
Only the covered parking is not available at this hotel.
Overall excellent hotel.

Room Tip: We stay in the room near reception on first floor, but still it was calm, quiet & no disturbance...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Upendra_Kulkarni, General Manager at Azzure By Spree Hotels, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Abhijeet,

Warm greetings from the magificent Azzure by Spree Hotels and beautiful Goa.
Hope back home in Kolhapur, you are still missing the fun time you had at Azzure by Spree.

We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful time with us and your encouraging comments will keep us doing the best we are known for...........................Hospitality.

Ranthambhore
Reviewed 10 January 2014

well... to start with the best, it is a value for money stay for us. the rooms were not so spacious but they were nicely built and interiored, the theme, bathroom and amenities were excellent, staff was generous, kind, quick service in the restaurant...... we enjoyed our two days birthday trip there. however, the only howler we faced was at the dinner experience when we ordered a specific pork vindaloo curry but we got served for a mutton insteat, upon pointing the same the gentleman was not even ready to listen to us, unfortunately we had to face that though we did nt touched it but still get charged for... minor issues whick keeps happening never mind.... the breakfast was awesome. . . we will love to visit again :-)

1 Thank A9989
Dear Guest A9989,

Greetings from the magnificent Azzure by Spree Hotels and beautiful Goa,
Thank you very much for taking time out to write a review about your recent stay with us at Azzure by Spree.

Its good to know that you enjoyed your birthday and two days holiday with us , thank you very much for giving us a chance to serve you.
I am indeed very much sorry to know that your food order was not served as per your choice and you were charged for the same, I discussed this iissue with concern team member and have asked to brief the team accordingly to be careful while taking food orders.
I hope such mistake will not be repeated.
However thank you very much for your honest review...it is surely a learning lesson for me and my concern team.
Once again it was our pleasure to serve you on your birthday holiday and we look forward to see you again soon with us....I am sure you will give us a chance to Do More for you and loved ones.

Request you to recommend our hospitality services and facilities in your circles.

Ciao !

Reviewed 10 January 2014

bcoz its just worth.everything is just so perfect.location,staff,food,view,activies.im in love with it. if ur searching a hotel in this price range its perfect no second thoughts just go for it. one of the best hotels in goa

Room Tip: rooms wth ac
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Upendra_Kulkarni, General Manager at Azzure By Spree Hotels, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Dear Nikhil,

We are very happy to know that you had a memorable holidays with us and your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Its good to know that you found us perfect.
Team Azzure by Spree Hotels always try to give our best effort to fulfill the needs and do more to satisfy our valued patrons.

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

I went to azzure coz my friend Upendra Kulkarni heads it. I was not too sure of the whole experience as I was traveling with my wife my 16 months old kid and maid.. my whole experience of azzure after 8 days of stay is as following ;
Amazing decor, clean rooms, nice shower ( I like powerful water supply when it comes to shower bath), nice and clean linen, super comfortable beds, prompt service, clean pool, stocked bar with lots of jager meister available ;).. and the most imp of all bloody good food..
I don't write this coz Upendra is a friend.. in fact I am writing this almost after 6 months since I traveled to Goa.
I say this is a great place, coz I am a sucker for good things and a critic too.. The hotel doesn't have parking inside the compound but it's just adjacent to the property so no worry on that front.
I stayed right next to the pool and enjoyed every bit. .I recommend this hotel to everyone.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Upendra_Kulkarni, General Manager at Azzure By Spree Hotels, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Ninjago,

Warm Greetings from the magnficent Azzure by Spree Hotels and beautiful Goa.
Your comments are indeed kind enough ,encouraging ones because of such reviews, we in hospitality business keeps our spirits high and always put our sincere effort to exceed all our guests expectations and try our best to remain consistent.

Your feedback has been shared with the team down the line.We are very happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay , its good to note that you liked the hotel location, facilities, hospitality services and our courteous staff ..your kind comments are greatly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed at Azzure over Christmas 2013 & was basically very pleased with it, though as other reviewers have said, there are issues. The rooms are good, comfortable beds, adequate bathrooms, TV, Wi FI (not sure it works most of time) A/C and ceiling fans etc. Staff were with very few exceptions lovely. Breakfast excellent, food & drinks by the pool good, though watch out for added taxes on everything. Now, the downside!! As others have said, the music by the pool was sometimes at ear splitting levels but would be turned down if you asked, but our problems came from inconsiderate, rude & noisy guests. This is obviously not the fault of the hotel but ruined the second half of our stay & would, I'm afraid, stop me using this hotel again. We moved rooms once because the 3 adjacent rooms to ours seemed to think it was acceptable to let about 8 children run wild at about 2am, but having moved, the people on the floor above us also seemed to think that moving furniture about & shouting, banging doors etc was ok at 4am!! The corridors & stairs are all concrete & tiles, so the noise was unbearable. Such a pity because the hotel area itself is a little Oasis of calm away from the madness & mayhem that is Calangute. One other issue is the nice little pool which is fine if you like your swimming to be done in Arctic plunge pool temperature water!

Room Tip: One near no noisy guests - good luck
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Upendra_Kulkarni, General Manager at Azzure By Spree Hotels, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Nick,

Warm Greetings from the magnificent Azzure by Spree Hotels and beautiful Goa,
Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed feedback following your stay with us.

How ever it is sad to know that..the music levels and the other noisy guests disturbed you on couple of occasions, We are indeed very sorry for that.

We are trying to find a solution for the poolside rooms for the sound problem and soon will have something worked out on it.

About the noisy guest also, we do inform them to respect other guest's comfort, my sincere apologies for the discomfort you went through.
However I request you to give us a chance to do more for you to amke your next stay comfortable, I hope you will consider our request and I am sure you wont regret.

We will surely put our best of the efforts to rectify the area where we need to improve as you have mentioned...we take all the comments and critics very positively and seriously as it gives us a chance to better ourselves in all the aspects.

We look forward to welcoming you back.