Tivai Beach Cottages
US$132
US$37
US$30
  • Breakfast included
Sea Shore Beach Resort(Calangute)(Great Value!)
US$58
  • Beachfront
US$40
US$24
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsplace to staycottage stafffrom check in till check outnice seafooda wonderful vacationcare takeramazing resortexcellent locationsurely visit againmemorable stayhustle bustlereasonable rateshot watervisiting goahutsfernandezpocket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 April 2014

It was a very pleasurable experience staying in TIvai Beach Cottages.Right from the cab driver Ibrahim to the care taker of the property, Alistair,everyone is helpful and cooperative.The property is hardly 50 metres from the beach and you can actually see the water from there!!!You can check out Chelsea Shack,prices are competitive and staff helpful especially Dev. He helped me in planing a surprise birthday party for my wife by the beach.He also arranged for a cake and fireworks. So special thanks to dev for making the trip memorable.

Room Tip: If you are a water baby and plan to spend the day outside then don't bother about AC rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank S_Saikia16
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Have honest experience with beach side wooden cottage. it was really good. And i don't have words to express the experience of Tivali cottage. it is really rocksss!! room service and other thing was very well maintain.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Calangutebeachhuts, Manager at Tivai Beach Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Aamil,

Thank you very much for visiting Tivai and writing a review on Trip Advisor. We are glad to learn that you liked our stay.
Once again, we would like to express our appreciation and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Thanks & regards,
Babash

Reviewed 14 March 2014

It was our (me and my wife) first visit to Goa and we booked the Tivai cottage simply on 2 accounts - (1) it fit our budget, and (2) the reviews on trip advisor were quite positive.
And I must say the reviews were spot on.

Clearly, the best part about the cottages is that they are right next to the beach. So, we could have morning walks, breakfasts, lunches and dinners all at the beach. We could go for late night walks on the beach, without having to worry about how to get back to our room.

Alliston and Minoo (the guys who took care of us at the cottage) are quite friendly, and even helped us make some last minute bookings for some of our sight seeing tours.

Every beach in goa seems to have its patron dogs :). At the cottage, there were two cute dogs - delightfully named Scotch and Brandy. Scotch is a real energetic rascal and the more affectionate of the two.

The thing one must be clear about is that this is absolutely no-frills accommodation. So, while the room and the toilet are maintained very cleanly, you won't find bath tubs and writing desks and other stuff you should not anyway be bothering about on a holiday. I would also suggest that you better take an A/C room if you are visiting in the summer months (Feb-Apr) because the cottages get really really hot inside.

All in all, this is a place I would recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Calangutebeachhuts, Owner at Tivai Beach Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Pradeep,

We are renovating next year with complete Sea facing cottages just as our south Goa property Casa Fiesta.Also we will be making almost all cottages air conditioned as per your suggestion.

Thanks & regards,
Babash

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed in tivai for 2 nights i.e. 4th and 5th March 2014 with my two friends. This was our first experience to stay in wooden cottages, I must say it was top class. Starting from Ibrahim(driver) to Alister & Mimino (care takers) all were very helpful and greeted us with smile and took care of most of our needs. The property itself is few meters from the sea shore, You can wake up and take a walk on beach in a matter of minutes. Chelsea (shack) nearby tivai was like icing on the cake, the food they served was excellent, Chelsea's caretakers( Alwin & Dave) were also very nice and served us brilliantly. Overall It was a fantastic experience.
Suggestion :- If you book Tivai then make sure you book transport with them as it is a fairly new property and it will save a lot of your efforts and time to reach there and must try food at Chelsea :).
Thank you Babash and Team for the great hospitality.KUDOS.

Room Tip: If you are travelling in or after March then go for the AC cottages.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Saying just a word it's not enough. Because when ur with ur friends or ur with ur loved on or ur just a couple and looking for good place on beach somewhere so I would like to suggest u about this Awesome place. when u start ur morning here on beach with scenery of rising sun it's stunning. I spend more time here because of friendly people and good services of theres hospitality. I mean happy customers as I said it's really awesomeness feeling of enjoying worthful time here on beach of Chelsea.. I loved it n I will b continuing here only.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends