“Fantastic shack -best one in north Goa”

Prince of tides beach shack
Ranked #66 of 411 Restaurants in Calangute
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reading, United Kingdom
“Fantastic shack -best one in north Goa”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We were recommended Prince of Tides by our hotel and coming out of season we didn't have much choice in Calangute but what a lovely laid back do as you please place. The owners Joseph and Jenny with their 2 beautiful little girls are wonderfully friendly unassuming people. We only had a drink the first day but you are given a beach bed for free and shade if you want. The following day we had some food as well. I thought it would be pretty average with the cooking facilities on the beach but it was very good. We have had lunch most days at the shack and eaten very well. We have been to other beaches -Ajunda and Baga both had beach bars but they were so commercial and nothing like the Prince of Tides in their welcome and service. I would highly recommend the Prince if you want to look out onto the ocean chilled out on a stunning beach in a fabulous beach shack!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Fay E

“Best beach shack in the beach”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

This is the best beach shake I found in a five week stay in Goa. I have been going to Goa for many years and wish I had found this beach shack in years past. The shack is open all year round so for the folks who go out of season you can still find it.
The menu is a slightly less than others but the food is cooked and serve red really well. A toasted sandwich with chips in 2013 was 150 rupees. Drinks were always cold.
The service was good and not pushy they would ask if you wanted any trips but when you said no they left you alone. It was easy to get attention to order more drinks I noticed this was not always the case at many of the beach shacks.
They have a part on the beach and a part on the land which is there all year. In the main part there is also free wifi. I never used it but it was offered to me as soon as they saw me with the iPhone.
The toilets are great unlike other beach shacks. There are male and female and they are very clean with paper and soap. There is also a great shower for after a dip in the sea.
They have a BBQ night which we did not go to but plan to next year.
They beds are comfortable and the canopies to protect from the sun are better than umbrellas.
All round highly recommended. Located about 500meters along the beach to your left From Holiday street.

• Visited February 2013