“good for the money”

Beira Mar Alfran Resort
Reviewed 4 December 2013

if you have got a cheap deal then this is a good basic bolthole. we arrived at 2.30 in the morning and the guys were asleep on the floor in reception they found us a room and it was pretty awful we went back and asked if they had anything else they showed us another and it was worse so we decided to stay in the first room and sort it in the morning 10 mins later a young lad knocked and said they had another room 327 it was great overlooking the fields with a nice balcony, clean and with a new fridge, tv, and good bathroom. If you want the better rooms smile, chat and give a tip the guys that work in this hotel are lovely but they work long hours and are paid very little so respect and few quid goes a long way. our room was kept spotless but is only cleaned if you hand in your keys. we carried our passports with us all the time but they do have lockers at reception as we didnt use these i cant comment on how safe they are. we were half board breakfast is tea,coffee and toast but you can buy other food and it is cheap, the restaurant for evening meal is lovely but we only ate there once far too many fantastic places to eat to be stuck in one place you get 200rupies towards your meal and pay the rest. food was of a high standard. there are 2 pools the larger one over looks the fields and is a good place to meet people again we only spent 1 morning there. if you want something amazing then pay for a posh hotel this is basic but friendly and clean it is in a brilliant location and you are just off baga rd and the beach is close too.

Room Tip: the rooms that overlook the fields are the best from what we saw we had 327. dont bother to email pr...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sharon S
There are newer reviews for Beira Mar Alfran Resort

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We have been travelling quite a bit since so many years and this is the first time I take out some of my time to write a review about a place where we stayed. With a group of friends we went to Goa and chose Baga to be the camp. This was the place we selected to stay, sorry Tripadvisor we should have gone through you before picking this.
Worst place ever someone can get..!! this sucks to the core..No tv, bathrooms filled with cockroaches, dirty towels, dusty beds, moth infected chairs and faulty showers- that was the room condition. When we asked about TV, the house keeper said it was gone for repair. When we said about the other two rooms with no tv, he said those also sent for repair- bulk repair?? We literally had to fight with them to get some clean towels. Most amazing was the so called complimentary breakfast menu- toasted bread, small buns, jam, butter, tea-coffee…that’s it..if you want some eggs to keep yourself charged for the day, shell out near to Rs.100 for a plate. Seriously??
Never choose this place.. never..!!!!

Room Tip: Please.. dont even think about this place..!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank arskum
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Me and my boyfriend we were really suprised how nice it was for 2star hotel in India.
Very good location, in the middle of everything, staff in hotel was very friendly, food was good too, we bought bottle of rum and barman kept it for us in the fridge so we were drinking it for few evenings. Very good value for money.

Room Tip: overlooking paddy fields - the best rooms
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dagmara H
Reviewed 14 October 2013

hi,

I would suggest everybody never ever stay in this hotel.It is one of the worst hotel have ever visited.I stayed their for two nights and find it most pathetic place

1) Horrible room service ( Room service Never answer your Phone) no matter you stay there for one day or ten days they will never come to clean your room.No matter you handover keys to reception or not you wont find your room clean.They are not bother to change your towels also.

2) No Electronic item will work properly there was AC obviously but without remote. TV obviously but no cable and after complaining also they wont bother to correct it.

3) Breakfast part they mention that they provide breakfast but here condition is more pathetic you will find only bread,butter and jam.

4) Front desk is damn rude to handle your queries.

So never ever consider this place for your stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank swativn
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I stayed at the Beira Mar with my husband for 2 weeks at the end of March 2013.

On arrival at the hotel I was pleased. Reception were helpful and checked us in without any delays.

I asked for a low floor room and they said I was booked into a top floor overlooking the Paddy Fields. I did not wish to take the room or see it and I asked for another one. They offered me a room on the second floor overlooking the pool. I viewed the room and it seems OK in appearance but there was no lock on the inside door just a small pull over lock which I did not think was safe enough and I asked for another room.

I was shown a further room further down the corridor which was completely different. It had a key lock door, decent paint work and was much better than the other room I decided I was happy. The room was big, had plenty of storage, a fridge, a ceiling fan and a mirror also a small couch and 2 chairs an OK balcony overlooking the small pool.

The only problems i found was the towels provided were filthy and smelt of damp, they were obviously washed but not dried properly and left piled on top of another damp. I mentioned this numerous times and the room boys were not alarmed and agreed to me that they were "smelling". Despite complaints we still received stained smelling towels. I had my own and didn't use the hotel ones but they would have come in useful had they been clean enough to use.

The rooms were kept clean and bed sheets changed by the boys and every day the room did smell nice and clean when we came back after the beach.

Also, we stayed in a room at the back and there was no specific walk way once you got to a certain point which meant walking over bricks and squeezing through a wooden rail - odd really I dont understand why they have cut this part off when almost all the rooms round that side are taken. You can however walk the long way round through the back of reception.

The hotel is in an excellent location opposite East Meets West and a stones throw away from Titos Lane. The beach is a 10 minute walk away and there are plenty of taxis outside.

I cannot comment on breakfast because I never went for it.

I found the hotel clean, the staff nice, the location great and the rooms fine as well.

I would stay here again.

Regards

Room Tip: if you like bird watching ask for a room facing the paddy fields.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank StellaLiverpool
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I had a week from hell staying here and ended up leaving and paying extra for my final 2 weeks somewhere else. I GOT MUGGED IN THE HOTEL on my way out to dinner one evening. I had no help from the staff, They refused to call the police, I had my room key in my bag which had my room number on it yet they would not move me to another room, they couldn't find the duplicate key so I had no way of getting into the room yet they told me to come back at 10:00am the next day. Whilst all this was happening they shut reception and went to sleep. The only reason I was ok was because some locals got involved and helped me otherwise I would have been stranded with nowhere to sleep over night - an appalling way to treat a solo female traveller. Security guards were either drunk or asleep - even the manager told us the security guard was an alcoholic. All locals saying it is an internal problem with the hotel -even when I said this to the owner he didn't seem surprised. Took them a further 2 days to change the lock of my room. I felt unsafe and intimidated throughout my stay at the Beira Mar. One night I was followed by someone who I presume was security holding a big wooden stick, very intimidating at 4:00am. Another night, after coming in early hours of the morning, I had security knock on my door, no explanation was given, and again I was only ok as a local friend got involved after I called his wife. I had the police there twice during my stay, which obviously they didn't like. The manager threatened me with taking my passport if I didn't leave and sign a statement that I was leaving of my own accord. I left Beira Mar in tears after yet another ordeal. It had got to a point where I just did not feel safe and was having to get someone to walk me out of the hotel as I felt so unsafe and intimidated by the staff.

I have been coming to Goa for 9 years and have never felt unsafe before. If it wasn't for friends that were around I think I would have come straight back to the UK and never gone back.

PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS PUT YOU OFF GOA... I still love it and will be back. DO NOT STAY AT BEIRA MAR IT IS UNSAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank meeravad
Reviewed 18 March 2013

this is our 5th year at hotel.all i have to say is that you cannot fault the hotel fab location fab food and the greatest staff ever,they are so friendly and helpful.wat people forget is that you are in india,cant understand all the bad reveiws your on holiday so why not just chill out and enjoy all the beautiful sights and sounds of this truely amazing country.i would like to thank raymond ,sam abel, amit, antony,vishnu and all the other boys for making our 2 months with them so special THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH see you next january

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jpc5036
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
Nazri Resort Hotel
#10 of 38 in Baga
Dona Julia
Dona Julia
#12 of 212 in Calangute

Been to Beira Mar Alfran Resort? Share your experiences!