We first found out about Mantheven Homes on IndiaMike.com from a member. Right from the time I first corresponded with them, Max and Jessica were warm and prompt.
On arrival, we fell in love with the impeccably clean and snug apartment furnished with all necessary amenities. The interiors are simple, tasteful, uncluttered, modern and well-appointed.
The apartment can be divided into four areas:
1. A kitchen cum veranda area with a wash basin, cooking platform with gas stove, cooking and eating utensils, fridge and sink. A large cupboard with hangers is also provided. If there are more than 2 people occupying the apartment, a single bed and couch are laid out here.
2. Bathroom with hot and cold shower and European toilet. The plumbing is good and there were no leaky taps or stagnating bath water!
3. A bedroom with a double bed, bedside closet, television, two cane chairs and a table. There is no air-con.
4. A balcony overlooking the lovely garden.
Bed and bath linen are provided. The apartments are serviced everyday upon request.
Mantheven is located in a quiet back lane but is a five minute walk away from all the great places on Holiday Street (It is bang next to Little Italy, a minute away from Kerkar's and five minutes away from A Reverie). There are six apartments on rent altogether and Max and Jessica occupy the seventh one.
The fact that it is self catering worked brilliantly for us as that allowed us to get out and explore eating out options as opposed to ordering room service.
Though Max let us park our car in their driveway, you also have the option of leaving your vehicle it in the lane in front during the day. If you are not using a vehicle, it's a good idea to carry a torch as it can get quite dark at night.
Max and Jessica are the best hosts you can hope for. They are friendly yet non-interfering and gladly help out with assorted Goa-related queries. I have stayed in all kinds of hotels, resorts and "home stays", but Mantheven by far scores the highest on my scale. It is also extremely affordable (especially because we stayed in the off season) and offers value for money even with peak season rates.
I would definitely love to go back from a longer stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious 6 AC Apartments For Rent, with full furnished room. 5 Min walking distance to the beach. Self Catering with fridge, Gas-Stoves & all cooking utensils.Bathroom with 24 hrs hot water facilities. 3 Persons can Accommodate comfortablely. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mantheven Homes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantheven Homes Hotel Calangute
- Mantheven Homes Goa/Calangute