Have just returned from 4 weeks at Mantheven Homes, where we were welcomed by the owner, the lovely Jessica, who couldn't have been more helpful. The small apartment was just what we wanted, two large rooms, one a bedroom - containing large double bed, table and chairs and tv - the other containing a single bed, wardrobe and small kitchenette (sink, fridge, gas burner, electric kettle, cooking utensils, etc). The wet room was large and we had hot water whenever we wanted. The bedroom opens up through 2 french doors on to the balcony, where we ate breakfast overlooking the large, well kept garden and watching the birds and squirrels.
As mentioned in other reviews, there is no air conditioning, but large fans in both rooms kept us cool enough (and I don't really like a/c anyway). Every morning around 8.00 a.m. a boy comes along the lane behind the apartments and you can buy fresh rolls and milk, so didn't even have to go to the supermarket! Rooms are cleaned daily, with fresh linen/towels every 3 days. You also have use of a washing machine/spin dryer on the roof terrace, which came in handy for washing the beach towels on a regular basis.
We have been to Goa around 18 times or more now and this was the first time we hadn't stayed in a hotel, and how much better it was. I know you can rent more luxurious apartments with more facilities, but this had everything we wanted - after all, how much time do you actually stay in a room when you have the sun, sea and sand just a 5 minute walk away? Mantheven is in a quiet location and, although next to Little Italy restaurant, and hearing the pots and pans being washed on the odd occasion, we enjoyed the peace offered. In fact, the most noise we experienced was the quite noisy young indians staying in the house next door over the New Year period!
Would we go back Well, we've already booked for next year and will staying for longer too!!
Thanks for everything Jessica and look forward to seeing you in 2013 - we can't wait.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious 6 AC Apartments For Rent, with full furnished room. 5 Min walking distance to the beach. Self Catering with fridge, Gas-Stoves & all cooking utensils.Bathroom with 24 hrs hot water facilities. 3 Persons can Accommodate comfortablely. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Mantheven Homes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantheven Homes Hotel Calangute
- Mantheven Homes Goa/Calangute