“Superb”

Ranked #10 of 110 Hotels in Calangute
Ahmedabad, India
“Superb”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stay in this property. We stayed from 11 - 14 April 2014. Staff is very courteous and very friendly. I forgot to take my mobile phone at reception area in midnight on sofa but at the return time at hotel the security manager gave me back. So staff is very loyal. I special wants to say thanks to Mr. Sudhakar ("Bar Expert"), Mr. Jatim, Security staff, etc.

Please increase the quality of food. Mainly in Breakfast variety.

All over great experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RobinkumarPatel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Indonesian first
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We were in this hotel during 13th & 14th Feb.
Absolutely delightful experience. ya ya some will say hotel is little bit in interior from the main road but the property is very good.

Staff & receiption :- They are always right on time whenever we asked for some services.On request they had decorated the room nicely without charging (Only Cake was charged).
They take an advance of 1k / night & adjust it during check out.
Check In is also flexible - if informed in advance
Rooms:- Were clean & spacious (be it wardrobe or dressing area or washrooms). 2 Bottles of water complimentary.
Property:- Nice & clean Pool
Rate :- For Two night we paid around 9k inclusing buffet Breakfast
Food:- Very good & tasty I must day & they have some good varieties ranging from south india to gujarati to punjabi.

Its hardly 2 Km from calungute beach & 4 km from Candolim & in the heart of main Market area.

Only drawback would be the Mini Bar & Alacarte food are little bit expensive. But II feel if you are in Goa either you should eat out in shacks in beach or shacks on Road side & ofcourse some time overindulgence is allowed.

Over all would definetly recommend it to any traveller.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Pune, India
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I booked this hotel online after lot of deliberations. I had booked an Advantage Pool View Room for 05 Nights and 06 days wef 27 Mar- 01 Apr 14. As per the room category available online, this room is suppose to have a view of pool. The front desk smarly decided to give us the most unwanted room which was smaller in size, had no view practically and probably was under repairs, since the bathroom was literally stinking. I had paid Rs 6000/- per night for that room with only breakfast included, which is not a less amount in end of march in goa. Finally when i argued with the front staff, i was shifted to a better room which i suppose was the advantage view room. The rooms and beds are comfortable otherwise. The housekeeping and Pool bar staff are friendly, however the front office and restaurant staff needs to be more courteous. Overall, my view is there are better hotels in calungute in the same price, and i may not come back again to the same property....thats a frank opinion.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sudipto P
pune
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I was @ Goa on a business trip and stayed at North16. Knew a key staff at the hotel and hence got some nice rates too. the room that i stayed was absolutely plush. was big, nice bed and overall very soothing. i would love to visit the place again. The beach is slightly away from the hotel but it wont be a big letdown in any way. you go to goa for the street buys and the authentic fish curries. you will find many curio shops and eateries in around 50-100mtrs from the hotel. move through these street surprises and soon you will reach the beach. so presume this is one of the best properties in North goa.

Now the property is being renovated and the staff themselves claim that the guests may face little inconsistencies. the staff is very cordial and helpful but may still be a few notches below the guest expectations. they need to spruce that up a bit. the breakfast was osum and i did that near the pool side. that was great!! Overall great stay and a very lively staff..the venue is getting a brush up and i presume they will do a brush up on the staff responsiveness too..I loved the stay!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the pool. the other rooms open to High walls! Ask for the Tiffin Lunch. they p...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Mandi, India
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I booked through a travel agent and there was a group of friends and families. the rate we got for this five star property was the lowest that I have ever paid for a similar category. (around 4000 INR) the approach to the hotel is the only drawback. its actually tough to find it if you are driving yourself. our gps actually took us to the adjoining road. being new not too many people know about it. the hotel itself is remarkable (for the price). the pool is excellent, the rooms are good too. good amenities. the food is excellent. breakfast was included with the room rate and its layout was awesome with a good selection of indian dishes. the occupants at the hotel were mostly indians. the ambience of the bar next to the pool is great and there was live music on one out of four nights that we stayed here. check in and check our was very professional.

Room Tip: choose the pool view. there is NO view on the other side.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jandeep
Kota, India
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I visited Goa with a few friends Last week
I stayed at the North 16 Goa for 3 nights . My experience was great right from the time we Checked-in to the hotel , was served an excellent welcome drink at the time of check-in , Check-in was quick , and the staff was friendly .
The Room had a very contemporary decor , very Straight-line design , Chic & Modern , the beds were very comfortable, it was comfortably spacious .
The Bathroom was well equipped .
The staff in the restaurant was prompt and attentive , Food was Top Notch ......
I will recommed this hotel as must stay to anyone visiting Goa......

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Surya_Rajawat
FatimaFernandez, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Goa, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from North 16 Goa!!

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us on our services.

We highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from satisfied customers. It is our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.

Warm Regards
Fatima Fernandes
Mumbai
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were at this hotel from 22nd-27th of Feb, 2014. I was with my wife and my 3 year old girl.

We saw about this hotel on the website, and it looked, and decent reviews were given, hence, we went for it. The most important factor, being that it was away from Bhaga and Calungute, but still very much there. Although, not even 1 day we went to Bhaga, as we prefer Candolim for all our activities.

Firstly the positives - The room is elegant, with all modern facilities. LED, Lavazza Coffee Machine and the works. The internet was not working proper and I needed for all 6 nights. But, they gave an alternative and provided me with a internet dongle for the entire trip, and it worked like a charm. Also, they eventually only charged me for 1 Night usage.

The food in the restaurant was excellent. Have never eaten in hotels before, but, this one was exceptional. The staff at the restaurant were the best I have ever experienced. Special mention the Dharmender, who was very attentive, and took care of us extremely well.

Also, a special mention to Rajnish (I hope I have the name right, he is the F&B Supervisor). He was a great help, and went out of the way, when my daughter fell sick, and help me locate a good pediatrician.

The bar is very nice, and ofcourse the extended happy hours are very much welcome.

Swimming Pool is excellent.

The Childs Playroom was exceptional.

Negatives:-
Housekeeping - was probably the worst I have recently experienced. Out of the 7 days we needed to keep the room cleaned, it was done 2 times on time, and other times, it was never done, and some lame excuses kept coming our way. Inspite of informing the Front Office of the same. In one of the excuses, the HK staff said that their Master Key didn't work, and thats why cleaning was not executed. Well, what do I say to that now.

Front Office:- They had this lethargic look. Its like they are doing us a favor, by us staying at their hotel. Except for 1 girl, which I dont have the name, she atleast tried or seemed concerned to help. (She was from NorthEast India)

Well, thats about it.

Will I ever stay there again. For sure I will. Value for money is on offer here. They just need to do something about the negatives above, and I am sure it will be the best hotel in and around.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cyberraj
Dear Guest,

Greetings from North 16 Goa!!

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us on our services. We also thank you for the appreciation note to Dharmender & Rajneesh.

Again, we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from satisfied customers. It is our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.

Warm Regards
Fatima Fernandes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
The Park Calangute Goa
Grand Hyatt Goa
Grand Hyatt Goa
#1 of 2 in Bambolim
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,132 reviews

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Goa? Share your experiences!