“Stayed here 4 years sgo..just been back..stayed in hotel at candolim this time..”

Colonia de Braganza Resorts
Ranked #86 of 119 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Ok its basic!.. But our first visit to india..but my most fondest visit! Didnt expect much..didn't get much..lol..but came home with a feeling of couldn't wait to go back! The staff felt like family ..knew are names..and they weren't after tips!..we have stayed in better in goa..but they always looking for the tip!..so wish I could talk to the owner of this hotel..as been in catering. And hospitality all my life..this hotel doesn't need many changes to make it the best.

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Just came home after 4 weeks here, we had a 2 bedroom apartment which was spacious with two bathrooms as there were 3 of us, hotel itself was nice although we were only there at breakfast time as the location was good and everything within in easy reach, the only downfall I can say is that the reception toilets were discusting and never had loo roll, there were dead flies splattered all over the wall, I did make a point of it to reception as you would at least think these toilets would be spotless, and the next day the walls had had a wipe down although probably back to normal now, also pool area toilets again never any loo roll and floors always wet and muddy, only takes a couple of minutes to give a little mop through say every hour, but besides that had a great time and staff really friendly, try Bonnie's across the road he's lovely the owner (Bonnie) really looked after us.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed for 7 nights over new year, I had a single booking but for the first night was given a large family room, in a dimly lit block, which was ok but not a place I would like to stay for 7 nights, but was moved to a nice bright room with lounge area, TV, bathroom, Fridge and kitchin sink area, Breakfast is very bacic at tea/coffee and toast but the staff are friendly, There was a very nice free buffee on New Year Eve. And the beer is only 90 RS , The beach is about 5 mins away…the beds are a bit hard, and I would stay there again……….
I paid approx. £16 per night

Room Tip: Maybe find a deal on the internet then e mail them directly as you may well get a better deal, and a...
Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank JohnBrand2013
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My partner and I have stayed here once but are going back for a second time thus November , the 1st room they gave us which is in the initial check in block was really not up to scratch so we asked to be moved to a block by the pool, which the hotel obliged no problem and the room was a lot better , even had a lounge, separate kitchen, bit like a mini apartment , it was clean, serviced every day unless you said otherwise , staff like any in goa always friendly & helpful, the only downside was the pool, only word I can use minging , would not use it really could do with a good clean , but as we used the beach everyday really made no difference to us , hotel is in a prime location , walking distance of everything , all on your doorstep, so for a low budget hotel , somewhere to dump your suitcase, shower and a bed for the night ideal, like I said it's not that bad as we are returning . Ps pool area of an evening to have a drink was fine .

Room Tip: Please ask for a room by one of the blocks overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Emma C
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We arrived at the hotel to find the receptionist was asleep behind the desk on a mattress. We then got given our room in block C and it was terrible to say the least, there was no hot water, no tv, no kettle and no air conditioning. Furthermore the electrics were hanging out and it was very dangerous. Also if you want to sleep forget it! from the noise of the busy traffic outside and motor bikes whizzing round every minute it was awful. Also beware of rats and cockroaches they are everywhere! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone it is horrible it was like something out of a horror movie the manager should be hung,drawn and quartered.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Smilemaddie
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I booked this hotel before i looked at the reviews, so I was preparing myself for a massive disgusting dive. It wasnt like how the reviews are saying at all. What planet are you on? You are in India after all, the rooms are basic but spacious and very clean. The hotel staff are lovely, friendly and helpful. I went for Christmas and they really make you feel at home. I had a late check in, they have a night porter plus 24 hour reception desk completely painless check in. After reading the reviews I asked for a room with fans in December and that worked fine for me, I stayed in 832 which was silent at night and very safe. A single female traveller I was concerned about how safe I would be, no need to worry but didnt go out at night as its pitch black after a certain time at night. I took my own pillow with me as I agree the pillows are hard, the beds are not very soft but i think thats how it is in Goa anyways. Foos is great, and brilliant location central. I would stay here again 100%

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Jade G
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This hotel is a typical 2 star Indian hotel. Staff are very pleasant rooms are very clean. If staying at this hotel don't stay in room 603 and the other rooms on that side as it backs onto the entertainment stage of the hotel next door and also the delivery bay of next doors hotel and they have deliveries all night long it was like being on a busy market. Sleeping will be a big problem. Food portions in the hotel are small unless you order rice then you get a massive portion. We found large roaches in our room when we woke on 2 accessions but I have to say that this is typical of India. Overall we had a great stay here and would definately come here again.

Room Tip: Rooms around the pool area .
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple